my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work

Discus and support my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; as the title suggests my xbox capture wont work and when it does it forces me into the "record what happened" screen and i cant back out of it! and its... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonSeniuk, Nov 3, 2019.

1. JasonSeniuk
    JasonSeniuk Guest

as the title suggests my xbox capture wont work and when it does it forces me into the "record what happened" screen and i cant back out of it! and its on because i checked numerous times and its on alright, it just wont work idk why... when i go to the
    "capture" screen the top 3 items (record from now, capture a screenshot, and capture what happened) the "capture what happened" really confuses me cause when i go to capture something the "capture what happened" comes up... which shouldnt be possible... right?
    cause when i back out of that screen it takes me back to my games/apps list (the 5 games/apps screen) idk what i did to cause this or is it a bug? i dont really know for sure! can someone help me on this?

:)

JasonSeniuk, Nov 3, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

to check the settings for game captures, tap the Xbox button on the controller then press the RB 3 times to get to the system tab

select Settings

from the options on the left select Preferences, then on the right side of the screen select Capture & Share.

make sure that under Capture it is set to allow "Captures by me or games" OR "Captures by me"

choose the other options that best suit your requirements for duration, auto upload, resolution and storage location then when you do something in a game and want to record it simply tap the Xbox button and press X and it will record whatever just happened.

hope this helps
  3. TeeTeeBeechwood Win User

How to capture call of duty crossplay in game chat on twitch *need help

So the only solution is a game capture card? Or that wont work neither?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey JasonSeniuk,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day!
  5. ProDefault Win User

Xbox 2 minute clip not showing

Ihave same problem sometimes when im donloading and streaming it wont do a capture . When im not doing anything but playing it seems to work. Also when i spam like 3 captures it stops working ihave to reset my xbox then it works. Has a lot to do with your
    upload speed.
  6. Photonimus Win User

Game Capture on Xbox One

From what I've seen, you wont need devices. The XB1 will have this as a built in feature.
Thema:

1. my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work - Similar Threads - capture game DVR

2. Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X game DVR captures have desynced audio (enhanced games only): I've experienced this problem since launch and have yet to see it on a list of known issues so I don't know if it's being worked on. Basically any Series X enhanced game can have wildly desynced...
  3. Is 4K capture in Game DVR still broken for all rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Is 4K capture in Game DVR still broken for all rings?: Some days ago they wrote it was fixed for Skip Ahead, but now it's again in the (eternal) known issues description. Was it fixed for a brief moment or not at all? submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza...
  4. Xbox Capture Help with trimming and Game DVR

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Capture Help with trimming and Game DVR: I just recorded on my pc with the Xbox capture, and I want to trim it with the game dvr feature, yet when I go to the Capture section it tells me to “go to windows settings...” which I’ve done and...
  5. Now Game DVR can only capture 1080p clips. Even screenshots are not working anymore!...

in XboX Insiders
    Now Game DVR can only capture 1080p clips. Even screenshots are not working anymore!...: It's like day after day it's becoming worse and worse. Maybe we are going to see some upgrades or a total new experience to the Game DVR function? Can I dream a bit? submitted by...
  6. Record my voice on game DVR Xbox captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Record my voice on game DVR Xbox captures: Ive been playing Cod Warrfare and ive recorded captures through the xbox game DVR system and it records all of my party’s voices live as we playthrough.... but not my own? how do i get so it...
  7. Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?: I recently was going through my PC files to clean up videos and pictures I may need later, since my laptop stopped charging on its own a while ago. I put my Game DVR captures (the whole "Captures"...
  8. Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?: I use a third party software to capture footage of my games and have it save to the same folder that my Xbox game captures are saved to, and would like to upload them my xbox live account to share...
  9. Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game DVR does not capture clips on Overwatch properly?: When playing Overwatch if I use Win+Alt+G to capture gameplay it instead shows 30 seconds of a still shot of something else (that I did not record), or my mouse moving to click on whatever it was...
  10. Deleted the Game DVR Captures folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted the Game DVR Captures folder: I deleted the captures folder and now game DVR won't work. Is there any way for me to restore it? The Game DVR setting page says the following: [img] As you can see, it isn't saving the files...