My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done...

Discus and support My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I updated my controller firmware on my windows pc and now the firmware is corrupted and I can't use it due to half the inputs not registering. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bob4455, Nov 26, 2020.

1. bob4455
    bob4455 Guest

My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done...

I updated my controller firmware on my windows pc and now the firmware is corrupted and I can't use it due to half the inputs not registering. I have gone through many troubleshooting steps and I DIDN'T touch the controller while it was updating. Several
    of my friends have also experienced this issue so its not user error and is a problem with microsoft's software. Although my controller is out of warranty I feel that people with this issue should get their controllers replaced for free. I say this because
    its like if a friend comes over to your house and smashes your controller. You expect them to buy you a new one and make it right. Unless someone on microsofts forum has developed a firmware tool to wipe the firmware off and reinstall it, I feel people should
    get a replacement. If microsoft doesn't want to offer a replacement, then I think I'll just wait till sony brings out dualsense drivers like they did with the dualshock and the wireless adapter.

:)

bob4455, Nov 26, 2020
  2. CodyCash Win User

New update destroyed controller

After contacting them via Twitter @xboxsupport and trying various troubleshoots they told me my controller was in need of a replacement. So I guess the update broke my controller
  3. Dr Deadlyfart Win User

Post update lag issues?

Lag comp is right I'm just curious as to why it happens more since the update its just frustrating kinda feels like they broke something on my end
  4. RemainReva Win User

Controller won't connect to xbox after using Bluetooth connection to my PC

Ah probably should have said, yes I have done all that. For my old controller I unsynced then resynced and it worked just fine. For some reason, the problem only happened after I connected it to my pc.
  5. CalGoo Win User

Can't chat and can't hear others talking when plugging headset into controller

Both headsets still work for my PC, and yes I have also tried the Skype App on Xbox One, not working either. Skype works on PC though with both headsets.

I don't recall the problem occurring after any certain update. Definitely not a controller update, haven't done one of those in a while before troubleshooting these problems.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Геймпад всегда выключен при включении ПК или после перезагрузки | The gamepad is always off when you turn on the PC or after rebooting

Hi,

Perhaps this could be a configuration setting on your particular PC? Do you have a PC tower or a laptop? I ask this because this isn't something I'm aware of. My Xbox One controller is connected to my PC via USB cable, and as far as I'm aware, my controller
    comes on as soon as I boot into Windows. I don't have to press the Xbox button to turn on the controller manually.

As for the Accessories update, this isn't a driver update, it's a firmware update that is a applied directly to the controller. Firmware updates can not be downgraded.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller broke after updating it on my pc and I feel something should be done... - Similar Threads - controller broke updating

2. Latest update broke Google home and Alexa control

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update broke Google home and Alexa control: My console auto updated yesterday. It's now running 10.0.19041.2447. As of that update, my Google home and Alexa control over the console no longer works. I went into the console settings, and...
  3. After my last windows update, my controller's wireless function broke! What am I supposed to ...

in XBoX on Windows
    After my last windows update, my controller's wireless function broke! What am I supposed to ...: Like I said, after my last windows update, my controller's wireless function broke. I have updated all my drivers since then, so I have no idea why it dosen't work. Any ideas?...
  4. Controller broke after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller broke after update: after update controller won' turn on for more then a second with brand new batteries or when plugged into a usb outlet only works if plugged into console wtf 820c2cda-4c3f-4c9c-8052-fe37e005d63b
  5. Update broke my controler

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update broke my controler: I bought a nex xbox one controler to play on my pc. A programme named "xbox accessoire" has update the controler wich not repond since. I can see it on the device manager but no app can use it....
  6. Xbox one controller broke while doing controller updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller broke while doing controller updates.: Hi. I am reposting my thread, as the last one got completely ignored, so here we go. So I restarted playing xbox recently, and then I had to do a bunch of updates. Everything was fine, I...
  7. Xbox one controller broke while doing controller updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller broke while doing controller updates.: So I restarted playing xbox recently, and then I had to do a bunch of updates. Everything was fine, I could play some of my games and talk back to some of my friends. One day my xbox told me to...
  8. Summer update broke Media Remote control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Summer update broke Media Remote control: So my Xbox sends volume control signals to a Vizio soundbar via the IR-out port. Since the Summer update, however, single-button presses on the Media Remote no longer get sent to the soundbar....
  9. Recent Windows Update Broke Compatibility Between My Xbox One Elite Controllers and a Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recent Windows Update Broke Compatibility Between My Xbox One Elite Controllers and a Game: Hello, I'm having trouble getting my Xbox One Elite controllers to work with Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. Up until the most recent Windows Updates, the game had only worked with the left trigger...
  10. Either W10 or the new Xbox One Preview Controller Update broke compatibility in PC games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Either W10 or the new Xbox One Preview Controller Update broke compatibility in PC games.: It appears this update has completely broken useability of the chatpad adapter in games. Will not let me use my KB when controller is plugged in now, and the chatpad adapter keyboard does not work...