My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this?

Discus and support My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one controller has stopped recognizing when I press up on the L stick. How do I fix it? 0fcc77d9-5b02-4f33-a4ed-c3f040874103 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryFinch1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. HarryFinch1
    HarryFinch1 Guest

My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this?

My Xbox one controller has stopped recognizing when I press up on the L stick. How do I fix it?

:)

HarryFinch1, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Harry, Let's try to update your control to check if the error is solved.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If it doesn't work, then it means some internal error in the control.

In this case, you will need repairs.

If the control is under warranty, you can trigger it here.

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''online service''. In the category put ''accessories'' and next to ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Oldlink Win User

Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.

I don't get the same problem as you but kind of similar. My Xbox one X turns itself on randomly and also suggest stopped doing anything when the A button is pressed on the home screens. It recognizes that you pressed the button, it just doesn't do anything.
    If you hold the button down it might recognize it eventually. It does this with every controller I have so it's not the controllers.
  4. smileskybird Win User

Why did they make the analog sticks on the Xbox One controller so loose?

I actually like the way they've made the analogue sticks. The L-R-up-down arrow buttons sound tinny when you press them though, compared to the 360's controller. The controller is light and fits in my hands more better which I like, and to me the trigger
    buttons make less noise than the 360's controller.
  5. ThisGuy6969 Win User

Netflix on XBox One: Menu auto scrolling issues

Omg...it was a wired controller plugged in (normally use my wireless) with the analog stick pressed up (cord wrapped around it). Check all active controllers lol. But it's funny it doesn't affect any other app.
  6. Wayne-Z Win User

NBA 2k14 wont recognize controller

What i do to fix this, is when i launch the game, and it doesn't recognize my button inputs, I say to the Kinect "Xbox, Sign In"..and sign in a second time. That usually fixes it for me.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - controller doesn't recognize

2. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX on Windows
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: Keyboard won't show when you isn't touching controls on the game pass mobile app. One customising certain characters in games the keyboard shows up for a split second then dissapears....
  3. Xbox accessories doesn't recognize my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories doesn't recognize my controller: Xbox accessories doesn't show my controller on windows 11 it's connected through mirco USB i updated the driver, used another USB cable updated windows. Tried the controller on my old windows 8.1...
  4. Left joystick on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't recognize that I push it all the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left joystick on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller doesn't recognize that I push it all the...: When I'm in a game like Elden Ring, whenever I push the joystick forward, I'll just walk for anywhere between 2 - 10 seconds before it registers that I'm trying to run. My controller is out of...
  5. My PC has no issue recognizing my Xbox One controller via bluetooth but it doesn't work on...

in XBoX on Windows
    My PC has no issue recognizing my Xbox One controller via bluetooth but it doesn't work on...: Before you ask, its the more recent model of the controller that includes the 3.5mm headphone jack. I can press the xbox home button on the controller and it will make the Xbox interface on my PC...
  6. XBox Support page doesn't recognize my Elite Series One controller Serial

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Support page doesn't recognize my Elite Series One controller Serial: Yes, I know where the number is located. Of course this marvelous piece of engineering has controller drift and I want to arrange getting it repaired. How. 3116ab72-f4c2-4b6f-b325-3c92458b03f5
  7. Controller doesn't recognize microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn't recognize microphone: Hello, it's the third time this happens. Everything was fine and out of nowhere, my controller doesn't recognize my microphone, but I can still hear my friends in the chat but they can't hear me...
  8. Controller doesn't recognize headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn't recognize headset: Since a week ago, my Xbox one S controller don't recognize neither of my headsets, it makes a single eletrical sound on the headset but does not show any connected devices on the controller. My...
  9. [XBOX ONE] Headset adapter constantly freezes controller and doesn't recognize headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBOX ONE] Headset adapter constantly freezes controller and doesn't recognize headsets: My headset adapter often causes the controller to "freeze", turning unresponsive. I have to hard reset the console and remove the batteries from the controller to get control back. This happens...
  10. Xbox One Doesn't Recognize Controller So Update Can Be Performed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Doesn't Recognize Controller So Update Can Be Performed: I'm trying to update my controller as it's not been updated at all in the last year. I have tried attaching 3 different micro USB cables and I get the same result with all three. The result is a...