My Xbox controller won’t connect

Discus and support My Xbox controller won’t connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently my Xbox wasn’t connecting to the internet at all. The servers weren’t shut down, the Xbox would just not connect to the wifi. The Xbox gave... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XboxMACHINE1976, Sep 3, 2019.

1. My Xbox controller won’t connect

So recently my Xbox wasn’t connecting to the internet at all. The servers weren’t shut down, the Xbox would just not connect to the wifi. The Xbox gave me a notification that it had to do with a problem with the connection of the controller. The controller
    would have to be restarted and connect to the wifi. It restarted the controller but it wouldn’t connect to the Xbox. I tried syncing the controller like when I first got it, I tried other controllers, and I even tried using a cable to connect the controller
    to the Xbox, yet it still won’t connect.

:)

XboxMACHINE1976, Sep 3, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]

Hi there Tim,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the controller not staying connected to the Xbox.

I recommend to try the following article:
    Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller
    (My controller won’t connect to my console or PC)

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

So recently my Xbox wasn’t connecting to the internet at all. The servers weren’t shut down, the Xbox would just not connect to the wifi. The Xbox gave me a notification that it had to do with a problem with the connection of the controller. The
    controller would have to be restarted and connect to the wifi. It restarted the controller but it wouldn’t connect to the Xbox. I tried syncing the controller like when I first got it, I tried other controllers, and I even tried using a cable to connect the
    controller to the Xbox, yet it still won’t connect.
    Other controllers works?

All controller don't connect/work? Or only one? (maybe your preferred controller)
  4. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Could need an update, but you gotta connect it first. See if it will connect to a PC using a cable...
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I have multiple consoles and change and resync controllers between them regularly. What happened when you tried using a cable? I always use a cable as it's very easy. I don't know if it might help, but what I do is I turn the Xbox on while leaving the
    controller off. After the Xbox is on and booted up and on the Home screen, then I plug the controller into the console with a USB cable. Then, I turn the controller on. As soon as it's on, you should be able to move the cursor around the screen and it's synced.
    Then I unplug it, it's very quick. What happens if you try to do that?
  6. AetherwispZA Win User

Morning

Have you tried a hard boot on your Xbox?

Hold the power button on the Xbox in for around 30 seconds.

Then try and sync your controller again.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller won’t connect - Similar Threads - controller won’t connect

2. Xbox Is On and nothing is displaying (Controller won’t even connect)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Is On and nothing is displaying (Controller won’t even connect): For the whole entire day ive had this problem. i turn my xbox on and its just a black screen. my hdmi is all correct. after a few hours a troubleshoot message appeared and i pressed restart...
  3. : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi.: : Xbox 1s keeps saying “sign in with controller”? Won’t connect to WiFi. I went to sign in & instead of going to my account I selected “add new” & re-added my account. I just signed but thank you....
  4. Xbox controllers won’t connect to start forced update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers won’t connect to start forced update: Hello Everyone, When I turn on my Xbox it says its “update time” and gives me options to start update skip or turn off ps4. The catch is now none of my controllers will connect either via cable...
  5. Help! Controller won’t connect to phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Help! Controller won’t connect to phone: I have a iphone 7 and want to connect my xbox one S controller to it. I see other are able to do so but i cant. I tested and stuff like my earbuds can connect via bluetooth but my controllers...
  6. Xbox won’t connect to controller or TV

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox won’t connect to controller or TV: My xbox was working fine an hour ago and now when i turn it on it boots up and everything but wont respond to my controller. Also, my TV says no connection. I asked my friends if i show up online...
  7. Xbox controller with Bluetooth won’t connect to my PC now

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller with Bluetooth won’t connect to my PC now: So i bought a new controller with bluetooth for my computer about 3-4 weeks ago. At first, everything was fine and had no problems connecting. Today, I tried to connect my controller and it...
  8. Xbox won’t connect to controller or tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to controller or tv: Okay so the first question I always get is is the hdmi plugged into the correct place. Yes I play my xbox right before it turns off and does this and it refuses to connect to anything. The light...
  9. Controller won’t connect!gg

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t connect!gg: Hello, I’m having trouble with my xbox one controller. It doesn’t want to connect at all. I try buying new batteries and nothing. I tried using a usb still doesn’t work. I tried all the methods...
  10. Wireless controller won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller won’t connect: I recently bought an Xbox from a friend. I got a new wireless controller and I can’t get it to sync with the console. When I press the sync button on the side of the console nothing happens. I’ve...