My Xbox controller won’t connect

Discus and support My Xbox controller won’t connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently my Xbox wasn’t connecting to the internet at all. The servers weren’t shut down, the Xbox would just not connect to the wifi. The Xbox gave... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XboxMACHINE1976, Sep 3, 2019.

1. My Xbox controller won’t connect

So recently my Xbox wasn’t connecting to the internet at all. The servers weren’t shut down, the Xbox would just not connect to the wifi. The Xbox gave me a notification that it had to do with a problem with the connection of the controller. The controller
    would have to be restarted and connect to the wifi. It restarted the controller but it wouldn’t connect to the Xbox. I tried syncing the controller like when I first got it, I tried other controllers, and I even tried using a cable to connect the controller
    to the Xbox, yet it still won’t connect.

:)

XboxMACHINE1976, Sep 3, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Controller verbindet sich nicht [Translation-Controller doesn't connect]

Hi there Tim,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the controller not staying connected to the Xbox.

I recommend to try the following article:
    Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller
    (My controller won’t connect to my console or PC)

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
  4. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

So recently my Xbox wasn’t connecting to the internet at all. The servers weren’t shut down, the Xbox would just not connect to the wifi. The Xbox gave me a notification that it had to do with a problem with the connection of the controller. The
    controller would have to be restarted and connect to the wifi. It restarted the controller but it wouldn’t connect to the Xbox. I tried syncing the controller like when I first got it, I tried other controllers, and I even tried using a cable to connect the
    controller to the Xbox, yet it still won’t connect.
    Other controllers works?

All controller don't connect/work? Or only one? (maybe your preferred controller)
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Could need an update, but you gotta connect it first. See if it will connect to a PC using a cable...
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller won’t connect - Similar Threads - controller won’t connect

2. Xbox won’t connect to TV and controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to TV and controller: My xbox one wont connect to my tv and controller yet when i turn it on, the xbox will turn on. Its connect to the wall and the tv. Does anyone have answers that coild help me?...
  3. Xbox 1 controller won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 controller won’t connect: For some reason, out of the blue my Xbox 1 controllers aren’t connecting to my Xbox. I have 2 of them and neither of them are new. One day they just stopped connecting. I have restarted my xbox,...
  4. Xbox Won’t Connect To Tv Nor Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Won’t Connect To Tv Nor Controller: So, i was just playing then out of nowhere my xbox crashes, i turn it off and since then it has not worked. i have tried: Diffrent Tv diffrent hdmi power cycle let it sit unpowered for a...
  5. Xbox One controller won’t connect/turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller won’t connect/turn on: My Xbox one controller won’t connect or turn on. I’ve tried replacing the batteries and using a usb cable (both of which work on other controllers), but neither work. I’ve tried to update it, but...
  6. New controller won’t connect to Xbox One

in XBoX Accessibility
    New controller won’t connect to Xbox One: I just recieved a customized controller I made in the Xbox Controller Design Lab. I followed the steps on how to connect it and it still doesn’t connect. How do I get it to connect with my Xbox...
  7. Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.: Ive been using my current controller for about a year now, but all of a sudden it decides to give me some trouble. One night, before i went to bed, i tried to turn off my xbox with my controller,...
  8. Xbox One controllers won’t connect

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One controllers won’t connect: My Xbox One is not allowing any controllers to connect to it via Bluetooth or micro USB, I am only able to control the Xbox through the app, how do I fix this? I’ve tried re-syncing, but it won’t...
  9. Controller won’t sync and connect to Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller won’t sync and connect to Xbox: We connected a blue tooth headset to my xbox and it kept messing up my controller and when my cousin connected it to his xbox it kept messing up my controller and we dont know how to disconnect it...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Controller won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless Controller won’t connect: Hi lads hoping theres someone who can help me. 2 days ago my xbox said I needed to update my controller so I followed the instructions and plugged in my controller the the USB port all going well...