My Xbox dropped my internet

Discus and support My Xbox dropped my internet in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So ive noticed that my xbox has completely dropped my internet and its no longer seeing it. What can i do to get the internet back on it??... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BarrelPaper186, Mar 14, 2019.

1. My Xbox dropped my internet

So ive noticed that my xbox has completely dropped my internet and its no longer seeing it. What can i do to get the internet back on it??

:)

BarrelPaper186, Mar 14, 2019
  2. AngelObullets Win User

3. usmsFBI2015 Win User

turn everything off and then back on again, if that doesnt work, maybe try checking to see if the internet provider is having issues. If they aren't, you may need to hard reset the router. Not only does it help a lot with solving internet issues, it is
    also very healthy for the router.
  4. WackiestGem Win User

My Xbox drops it’s internet

Hey there ,

Sorry to hear about the network performance. Let's check a few things to narrow this down. Does the issue persist when using both wired or wireless network connections on the console?

Run a Detailed Network Statistics test on the Xbox One console and please provide the following information.

• Download Speed
    • Upload Speed
    • Latency
    • Packet Loss %
    • Wireless Strength (if applicable)
    • Modem Manufacturer
    • Router Manufacturer (if being used) as well as the model number
    • NAT Type

Let's then have you try to do a Network power cycle, to see if it helps.

• Start by powering off and unplugging your Modem, Router (if applicable) and Xbox One console.
    • After 60 seconds of the devices being powered off, turn on the power to your Modem and then the Router (if applicable).
    • Wait another 60 seconds for the network equipment to turn on and gain the proper signals from your ISP. Then turn on your Xbox One console.

That information will help us determine the next best steps. Thanks!

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
    Download speed: 11.53 Mbps

Upload speed: 1.74 Mbps

Packet loss %: 0%

Latency: 130 ms

Wireless strength: 100%

NAT Type: Open

Modem/Router: technicolor TG799vac

Hope this fixes the problem
  5. WackiestGem Win User

and also ,y Xbox is connected to an extender that is near my room.

I can’t connect it directly because the router is at the other end of the house so that is not possible 😩

Hmm,

Would it be possible to try to move the Xbox closer just to test and see if there is a difference?

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
    we have an other Xbox in the house that is where the router is and that does not drop out
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Download speed: 11.53 Mbps

Upload speed: 1.74 Mbps

Packet loss %: 0%

Latency: 130 ms

Wireless strength: 100%

NAT Type: Open

Modem/Router: technicolor TG799vac

Hope this fixes the problem
    Thanks for the information,

It looks like this is a Gateway device, which means that it does both a wired or wireless internet connection. Can you try connecting with an Ethernet cable and see if that helps with the random disconnect issue?

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
Thema:

1. My Xbox dropped my internet - Similar Threads - dropped internet

2. Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update: Technicolor (Modems/Gateways) Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Also, I was forced to...
  3. Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:: After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Hardware specs of my Technicolor modem (ISP provided): Model: CGM4140COM Vendor: Technicolor Hardware Revision: 2.0 Serial...
  4. Xbox one internet streaming APP drops off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one internet streaming APP drops off.: hi my Xbox one app spits out this error code after wstreaming tv series from internet app 0x80040200 I’ve tried to clear cache but no success has anyone encounter issue and what was the outcome or...
  5. freezing on apps and dropping internet out HELP!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    freezing on apps and dropping internet out HELP!!!: I'm wondering if anyone can help my xbox seems to freeze a lot especially on apps haven't tried it on games as haven't had the time lately, also I was having a issue with my wifi but this seemed...
  6. Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:: After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Hardware specs of my Technicolor modem (ISP provided): Model: CGM4140COM Vendor: Technicolor Hardware Revision: 2.0 Serial...
  7. My Xbox drops it’s internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox drops it’s internet: When I am in the middle of a game on the Xbox one my internet aperently drops but the rest of the house the internet still works so I have to restart my Xbox one by the time I have done that the...
  8. Internet drops wired and wireless what can i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet drops wired and wireless what can i do: My internet wired or wireless network keep losing broadband but only for my Xbox one online gaming . There's 2 phones a tablet and my console . My isp came out and tried to find out what the...
  9. Xbox having connectivity issues, keeps dropping connection to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connectivity issues, keeps dropping connection to internet: For the past week or so I have been experiencing connection issues with my xbox one. In the past upon startup the xbox would auto-connect to my home network as it has always done for the past 3ish...
  10. Internet download drops drastically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet download drops drastically: internet download speed goes from 130mbps when not playing anything to below 50mbps when I start to play games, even if they are single player games 64bde09e-760e-4abf-af1d-95484d9dc20b