My Xbox Game Bar clips get stuck/frozen

Discus and support My Xbox Game Bar clips get stuck/frozen in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; when I make a clip on the xbox game bar, my clips get stuck, this has been happening since yesterday, before that the clips worked normally, however,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Smuk777, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Smuk777
    Smuk777 Guest

when I make a clip on the xbox game bar, my clips get stuck, this has been happening since yesterday, before that the clips worked normally, however, they stopped working

:)

Smuk777, Aug 5, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Smuk777!

With issues like this, we recommend the following solutions. Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Restart your device and the network hardware: Restart your computer as well as your router and then retry the downloading process.

Update your PC version: Check for any updates on your Windows firmware version as it can be outdated and should be updated to the latest patch to run the game properly. Sometimes, Windows security patch updates can also ruin the game files for some reason which can be fixed by uninstalling the recently installed updates manually from the ‘Windows Updates’ option.

Try a wired connection: Maybe the problem is appearing from your internet connection. If you’re running a wireless connection (Wi-Fi) then make sure to try using a wired network (ethernet cable) for a stable and faster connection.

Clear cache and data: Try clearing unnecessary background running tasks on the PC that should help a lot. Head over to the Task Manager and close the higher CPU/Memory consuming tasks one by one from the ‘Processes’ section.

Restart the broadcast service:

1. Close the game.
    2. In the search box on the Windows taskbar, type and then select Task Manager.
    3. Select More details.
    4. In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast bar server(bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select End task.
    5. Restart your game and try recording again.
    I hope this helps you out!
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

XBOX Game Bar Clips Frozen

Ok, seems like it's an issue with recording itself. Recommendation I can find to start troubleshooting with that is to restart the broadcast service, which can be done with the following steps:

1. Close the game.
    2. In the search box on the Windows taskbar, type and then selectTask Manager.
    3. SelectMore details.
    4. In the list of running processes, select theBroadcast bar server(bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then selectEnd task.
    5. Restart your game and try recording again.
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

So the Game Bar works and is responsive, but the clip itself is not recording properly? I would first take the clip file itself and try to watch it on another computer, see if the issue persists there. That will identify if the issue is on that computer
    specifically, or if it's an issue with recording it to begin with, and we can further try some steps from there to narrow down what's causing it.
  5. Phlipsssy Win User

I tried transferring on 2 different computers and its still frozen with audio
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Thema:

1. My Xbox Game Bar clips get stuck/frozen - Similar Threads - Game Bar clips

2. Xbox game bar captured clips wont open in folder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar captured clips wont open in folder: I can view the clips in the game bar just fine but when i open the folder they are in windows is telling me it cant find it and make sure i type in the name in correctly? Now the clips in folder...
  3. Xbox Game bar clip bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game bar clip bugs: So I've been using the Xbox Game bar for about a year now, but it wasn't until now that I got especially mad because I had an amazing clip from one of my recent games and my problem occurred....
  4. I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record and clip with the xBox game bar: Hello I have 2 problems: 1- I can't record with the Xbox Game bar (Win+G) Video of the problem 2- I can't clip with the Xbox Game bar (Win+G) Video of the problem And that's not helping me:...
  5. Clips in Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Clips in Xbox Game Bar: Hey, when I want to Clip Highlights from Fortnite or Rocketleague, i can only see a frozen picture instead of a video from my Clip. I don't know why, pls help! d3cbeed5-5830-4c62-9050-486feea59cf7
  6. The Xbox game bar clips have a video issue

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox game bar clips have a video issue: The problem is that when select the "record that" button, it says that the video was recorded as it should. However, when I go to the capture folder the video is just a picture with audio from...
  7. "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on": Game Bar record game clips screenshots and broadcast using game bar will not stay on [img] Whenever I switch the "record game clips screenshots and broadcast using Game Bar will not stay on"...
  8. Frozen Replay Clips on Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Frozen Replay Clips on Xbox Game Bar: Hi, my game bar replays record, after i look at the recordings its frozen. Can someone help me? - ec837334-e1e6-490c-b816-943648795393
  9. Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer: The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i accidentally updated , 3 days later I notice whenever...
  10. Xbox Game Bar won't access mine hardware to record clips

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar won't access mine hardware to record clips: There was a time and day where I could record a game in my Alienware area 51 m(g chip: Nvidia Geforce TI 2080) until I couldn't even record because it didn't access my hardware. I had tried...