My Xbox is not reading my external hard drive

Discus and support My Xbox is not reading my external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried everything on the Microsoft website on how to fix it, last night I turned my Xbox and my xbox was not reading my external hard drive. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaytonBeast56, May 14, 2022.

1. My Xbox is not reading my external hard drive

I have tried everything on the Microsoft website on how to fix it, last night I turned my Xbox and my xbox was not reading my external hard drive. I have looked up, and watched everything on YouTube and Microsoft on how to fix it, i tried everything. I don’t know what to do, I have all my games and apps on it.

:)

PaytonBeast56, May 14, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, PaytonBeast56. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

If you connect your external hard drive to a computer or laptop, does it get read normally or not? Can you test it, please?
  3. AllenKubla Win User

Game Won’t Download/Apps and Games won’t open

Seems that my external hard drive is no longer reading for some reason. It was working fine this morning.
  4. BriBear Win User

Xbox issue

I moved my games from the internal hard drive to the external hard drive to see if my games won't kick me to the dashboard I tried it yesterday with a external hard drive I had never used for my Xbox. My games were never on the external hard drive they
    were in the internal hard drive. Also I downloaded trove and it kicks me to the dashboard as well.
  5. SANTIROVI Win User

My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive

Didnt worked but thanks anyway
  6. {Parity} Win User

My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Also, try using a different USB port on the console.
Thema:

1. My Xbox is not reading my external hard drive - Similar Threads - reading external hard

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for PC isn’t reading games I installed on my external hard drive: I had a lot of games from Xbox game pass installed on this hard drive and now it’s not reading the hard drive at all 53b5c521-cf1b-46f5-b166-1eae4c65ec45
  3. Xbox One not reading external hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not reading external hard drives: Recently my boyfriend has started having issues with his Xbox One(original) reading his external hard drive. At first we just thought it was the hard drive giving up, but we have tried three...
  4. Series X wont read some external hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont read some external hard drives: So I have a 4tb segate full of movies. Last time I used it. It worked amazing. But now I go on and doesnt even register or list as connected. Ive plugged it into my laptop and works fine there....
  5. Xbox Won't Read My External Hard Drive as a 3.0 or Higher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Won't Read My External Hard Drive as a 3.0 or Higher: Let me explain. I use the external hard drive for media use only. It would work, and it had no problems what so ever. Let me note that the box stated: 3.0 2 TB. And that was correct. However, on...
  6. New Xbox One UI (Oct 2020) not reading external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox One UI (Oct 2020) not reading external hard drive: Original XBox One, no issues with Toshiba 1TB SSD External HD until three days ago with new UI update. XBox One is no longer reading the Ext HD. Tried all troubleshooting steps outlined on XBox...
  7. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  8. My xbox one isnt reading my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one isnt reading my external hard drive: I have a 2 TB game drive for my Xbox one s and it decided not too read it today. I've tried different ports on the Xbox and I plugged the drive into my computer just too see if it reads it (which...
  9. External hard drive reading as media only on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive reading as media only on Xbox One X: I have a brand new from the box 2TB WD Black P50 Game Drive and when i first plugged it in with the USB 3.2 cable it said it was media only. I've since then tried formatting in NTFS, exFAT, FAT32...
  10. May 9th update causing external hard drive not to be read.

in XboX Insiders
    May 9th update causing external hard drive not to be read.: After installing the update for May 9th my Xbox One X has not been reading my external hard drive from any of the three USB ports. I've done a soft and hard reset on both the console and hard...