My Xbox is showing no Display on the Screen

Discus and support My Xbox is showing no Display on the Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I was having trouble with an external hard drive that wouldn't let me move any files to it, so I disconnected it and now the Xbox One X won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pogue972, Mar 26, 2020.

1. pogue972
    pogue972 Guest

Hi all,

I was having trouble with an external hard drive that wouldn't let me move any files to it, so I disconnected it and now the Xbox One X won't display anything on the screen. I checked the HDMI cables and they are working fine, and I tried the trick where
    you hold the power button and eject button to get in low resolution mode but still no dice. All I'm getting is a blank screen.

Is it bricked? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

:)

pogue972, Mar 26, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

3. MidnateCity Win User

Hi pogue!

Have you tried doing a hard rest on the Xbox (unplug power cord from back of console, wait 2 minutes, plug back in and power on)? That is my go to when all other troubleshoots fail. Let me know if that worked or not. Thanks! :)
  4. pogue972 Win User

Hello ,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox One X is displaying a blank screen on your television. Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? We recommend
    power cycling the console
    by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Also, we have a support article that provides

troubleshooting for a blank screen when your Xbox One is on
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    !
    Yeah, I tried that too and no dice. I unplugged it and left it unplugged, tried turning it back on and nothing. Tried the trick to hold the power button and the eject button to get it into low resolution mode and nothing either.

I think it's bricked. :(
  5. DELPHINO77 Win User

My Xbox One Isn't working properly.

Same black screen. Power display shows on, my Tv HDMI input shows receiving signal but black screen on xbox. Home button shows it’s there and option to turn console off or controller off but that is all I can do. Smh !
  6. steve mfc2 Win User

Can't see video. Restoring factory defaults without video?

i need help i clicked something on my display settings now it shows a black screen.
Thema:

1. My Xbox is showing no Display on the Screen - Similar Threads - showing Display Screen

2. My Xbox One S isn't showing a 1440p display option even though my monitor supports it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S isn't showing a 1440p display option even though my monitor supports it: Hi, I recently got a gaming monitor that supports 1440p at 144Hz and connected my xbox one S to it. However when I went into the display settings the only two resolution options I see are 720p...
  3. Display name showing numbers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display name showing numbers: Hi there, I am aware of the system where if you pick a name someone already has it will put numbers at the end of your name, but I changed my name and before I changed it I checked to see if...
  4. Fallout 4 Displays are not showing in game on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 Displays are not showing in game on console: I'm having issues on playing Fallout 4 on the Xbox One X. My HP bar display and other settings are suddenly gone. When I go collect herbs the A button doesn't show up like it used to. I have mods...
  5. Hertz not showing in display settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hertz not showing in display settings?: [img] anyone else having this issue? It's on a sony bravia 65x800g. 2f174778-8e89-4732-811e-c776462e056e
  6. TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz: TV is capable of 4k 60hz same time but in display setting only showing 4k no hz 1e6f36b5-859e-4ed4-ab20-e3f06e930d4d
  7. No display showing

in XBoX on Consoles
    No display showing: So, my xbox oneS isnt displaying anything. I have tried resetting the display settings and got it to run on 480p, but I cant switch it back to 1080 or even 720. Any suggestions to get it to work?...
  8. Xbox not showing any display, showing error code 0x80040900

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not showing any display, showing error code 0x80040900: Brand new Xbox 1S, only had for 2 months is turning on, and making noise. But won't actually show anything on the screen. However when I press the Xbox button on the controller the 'What would you...
  9. TV showing blank screen when trying display modes higher than 480p

in XBoX on Consoles
    TV showing blank screen when trying display modes higher than 480p: Hi all, Sorry if this has been solved before, but I have tried to find an answer with no luck on this one. I recently tried my xbox in a some different TVs to the two I usually use it with....
  10. VGA display not working on monitor... Intro screen shows than goes blank

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA display not working on monitor... Intro screen shows than goes blank: my tv broke so i have to use a monitor connected with a vga cable. when i turn on my xbox, the xbox 360 splash screen comes up, than after that the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, and...