My xbox is shutting down unexpectedly

Discus and support My xbox is shutting down unexpectedly in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I owned a original xbox 1 since 2016, about 2 months ago it would shut down as is someone pulled the plug from the wall. It was consistantly 30 minutes... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by HollyKranz, Sep 15, 2019.

1. HollyKranz
    HollyKranz Guest

I owned a original xbox 1 since 2016, about 2 months ago it would shut down as is someone pulled the plug from the wall. It was consistantly 30 minutes after turning it on that it would do this. I thought it was just old and not working properly anymore.
    I bought an xbox 1s but it has the same problem but this time it it shuts down thirty minutes after turning it on the first time, then progressively shuts down sooner and sooner the more times i turn it on in the same day. I have tried everything the website
    recommended, but nothing works, please if anyone out there knows what the problem is help me solve it.

:)

HollyKranz, Sep 15, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello HollyKranz,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to the consoles shutting down after 30 minutes, and I understand you've tried the solution steps on the support website, have you tried to plug the consoles into a different outlet? It might be the outlet
    that is causing the issue with the consoles shutting down. Are the consoles plugged directly into the wall outlet, or are they plugged into a power strip or surge protector?

Additionally, as I stated before, I understand that you have tried solutions from the support website but, just in case, here is the support article for
    Troubleshooting an Xbox One shutting off.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  3. HollyKranz Win User

I have tried plugging it into different outlets, i have brought it to my friends house to but it didn’t help, he also came to my house and plugged his xbox into the same outlet and his worked just fine
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox shutting down when starting a game

5. denis97g Win User
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox One Shut Down Unexpectedly

Contacting official support should be one of the ways to find the answers.
Thema:

1. My xbox is shutting down unexpectedly - Similar Threads - shutting down unexpectedly

2. Xbox One Won't Stay On. Makes Grinding Sound Then Shuts Down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Stay On. Makes Grinding Sound Then Shuts Down: My XBOX One has started making a grinding sound when I turn it on. It does not produce a signal to the TV, and shuts down after 30 seconds - 1 minute. Is the hard drive going bad? Any help will be...
  3. Console very often unexpectedly shutting down while i playing gears 5. Just for today it’s...

in XboX Insiders
    Console very often unexpectedly shutting down while i playing gears 5. Just for today it’s...: Very bad experience of gears 5. Console very often unexpectedly shutting down while im playing gears of war 5. Report a problem via console sent. Hope soon u fix this. submitted by /u/earmack...
  4. Alcatel Lucent Alcatel Lucent 7130RG: Unexpected shut down

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Alcatel Lucent Alcatel Lucent 7130RG: Unexpected shut down: Alcatel Lucent (Modems/Gateways) Alcatel Lucent 7130RG: Unexpected shut down Check this link for a possible solution:...
  5. Xbox one S shutting down unexpectedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S shutting down unexpectedly: Just got a brand new Xbox one, fresh out of the box plugged it in did all the set up procedures spent a little time downloading the content for Call of Duty WWII then my Xbox shut off on me. The...
  6. Xbox shutting down unexpectedly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox shutting down unexpectedly: I have for the past couple of months have this problem where my xbox shut down for no reason, at no specific time. I asked a bunch of people from the xbox community, and they gave me tips, but it...
  7. Solitare collection unexpected shut downs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Solitare collection unexpected shut downs: The solitare game shuts down quite frequently after you win a game and if you hit the reset button. Then you have to go back in and start again. Is there a fix for this problem?...
  8. Xbox One X (Scorpio edition) Power Shut down unexpectedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Scorpio edition) Power Shut down unexpectedly: My son had bought a brand new Xbox One X and been using like couple of weeks. Then one day while he was playing, it unexpectedly shut down after a "pop" sound and went dead completely. He tried to...
  9. Xbox one shuts down unexpectedly after 10-15 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one shuts down unexpectedly after 10-15 minutes: I was using my xbox earlier this day and it was working normally. Then, I heard a pop, my xbox turned off and wouldn't turn back on. Through trouble shooting I found out something went wrong...
  10. xbox one shuts down unexpectedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one shuts down unexpectedly: Christmas present xbox one s, replacing xbox 360, made it through updates, downloading battlefield, starting playing it shut down in 30 seconds. Everything has been checked- power cord,...