My xbox keeps opening and closing and won't read my games. Why is it doing this and how do ...

Discus and support My xbox keeps opening and closing and won't read my games. Why is it doing this and how do ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It started yesterday and I didn't tamper or anything to it and it suddenly started to do this. I'd turn it on the tray opens. I put a game In and click... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BalloonThunder7, Jun 21, 2014.

1. My xbox keeps opening and closing and won't read my games. Why is it doing this and how do ...

It started yesterday and I didn't tamper or anything to it and it suddenly started to do this. I'd turn it on the tray opens. I put a game In and click close and a few seconds later it opens again. Someone HELP!

:)

BalloonThunder7, Jun 21, 2014
  2. Pullman13
    Pullman13 Guest
    Disc wont read

My xbox won't read any of my dic idk what to do

sometimes if i keep opening and closing it might work

what should i do??

Pullman13, Jun 21, 2014
  3. Elysian l
    Elysian l Guest
    Xbox won't read any discs

My xbox doesn't read any discs what so ever. It was reading them after about 10 attempts of opening and closing the tray, but now it doesn't work at all. Why is this?

Elysian l, Jun 21, 2014
  4. Unkn0wn1
    Unkn0wn1 Guest

My xbox keeps opening and closing and won't read my games. Why is it doing this and how do ...

Hello BalloonThunder7,

It sounds like you have a hardware issue with your Xbox 360. You will need to register your console and request for a repair at
    http://myservice.xbox.com.

The same thing has happened to my Xbox in the past.

Unkn0wn1, Jun 21, 2014
  5. Unkn0wn1 Win User

My xbox keeps opening and closing and won't read my games. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it.

Hello BalloonThunder7,

It sounds like you have a hardware issue with your Xbox 360. You will need to register your console and request for a repair at
    http://myservice.xbox.com.

The same thing has happened to my Xbox in the past.
  6. ViktorStojq Win User

My Xbox Game Bar won't open

The reason why I cannot do this is because my xBox Games Bar won't even open. Yes, I'm well aware that I could deinstall my captures but I cannot open the Game Bar when I'm playing a game. That is my question, how to fix that?
  7. E McSq Win User

Suspend and resume does not work.

Am i alone in this?

Am i the only one losing game progress due to suspend and resume not functioning as advertised?

Why do my games close when i'm on netflix or ie?

Is there a time limit on how long a game will suspend?

Is there a limit to how many apps i can open before the game closes?

Please help.
  8. pikichu249 Win User

Disk drive not working

Have you tried laying the xbox down on its side and opening then closeing the tray with a CD or DVD in it not a game thats how i got my xbox to read disks again
  9. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Replacement Xbox Program Question

[quote user="BrianStorm46"]

How will I know if my old 360 is affected, I didn't register it on here so MS don't even know I own a 360. The xbox plays games when it wants to, I have to keep opening and closing the disc tray to get games to run.

[/quote]

In that case don't worry you're not affected.

If you are affected, you will get a message saying "Please put a Xbox 360 game in the disc drive" or "Unable to read". The games won't run at all.
Thema:

1. My xbox keeps opening and closing and won't read my games. Why is it doing this and how do ... - Similar Threads - keeps opening closing

2. I can't get any of my games to open, keeps saying that I need to sign in to my account,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get any of my games to open, keeps saying that I need to sign in to my account,...: can't get any of my games to open why? Keeps telling me it's trying to sign in. c07543c6-a30e-4a13-a6f3-d024213aa2ab
  3. Gaming mouse and keyboard keep accidentally opening Xbox home

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gaming mouse and keyboard keep accidentally opening Xbox home: So i decided to plug in a keyboard and gaming mouse to my xbox one to play the game fortnite. I assigned the wall build to my farther back forward button on my gaming mouse. But for some reason,...
  4. Gaming mouse and keyboard keep accidentally opening Xbox home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming mouse and keyboard keep accidentally opening Xbox home: So i decided to plug in a keyboard and gaming mouse to my xbox one to play the game fortnite. I assigned the wall build to my farther back forward button on my gaming mouse. But for some reason,...
  5. keep getting error code when try to open my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    keep getting error code when try to open my games: I can't open any games on my xbox...the error code seems to imply i don't own the games but i do....0x803f9006 ffcea2bf-aa4e-46ce-9f93-c46d24b15661
  6. : Xbox One X keeps going from Open NAT to Strict NAT

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One X keeps going from Open NAT to Strict NAT: : Xbox One X keeps going from Open NAT to Strict NAT Have you already set up port forwarding on your router?...
  7. Keep getting no signal message after game starts the opening credits

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting no signal message after game starts the opening credits: This is on an Xbox one X, was fine up until yesterday. The console starts fine, I went to load up Forza 7 (digital copy) and it came up with the 1st car on load up screen, then screen goes blank...
  8. microsoft store wont open keeps buffering

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store wont open keeps buffering: hi, hoping someone can help, been trying to access microsoft store for over 24hrs, first to buy credits for rocket league and then today to download roblox but the screen just stays back with the...
  9. : Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why?: : Xbox One keeps switching from Moderate NAT to Open, Why? Its most important that once you’ve changed either your gateway or your router settings, restart your Xbox and your network devices, and...
  10. Xbox 360 guide menu keeps opening and closing on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 guide menu keeps opening and closing on its own: my xbox 360 keep flashing the menu open and close all on its own, also shows a controller is connected even when there isn't one. How do I fix this? 882dca48-f597-4e7c-bc57-36e51ff6857c