My Xbox never detects updates, I always have to restart the system and start the game in...

Discus and support My Xbox never detects updates, I always have to restart the system and start the game in... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have already check my settings such as keep my games up to date is on. It has done this on my Xbox One, and now my Series X.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by XGhostIVx, May 14, 2021.

1. XGhostIVx
    XGhostIVx Guest

My Xbox never detects updates, I always have to restart the system and start the game in...

I have already check my settings such as keep my games up to date is on. It has done this on my Xbox One, and now my Series X.

:)

XGhostIVx, May 14, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

My Xbox never detects updates, I always have to restart the system and start the game in order to detect

It would be extremely helpful to reset your console, since that usually gets the system update running right after and fixes similar issues. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
  3. Tormaz Win User

Xbox updates - Why is there not a better warning system?

I have my system set to not always be on and Automatic updates and I've never had it once do an update except when I've first turned on my Xbox.
  4. DuaneBal Win User

Corrupt profile, now corrupted console data

So i formatted the console, but now when i start up the xbox, it says that i have corrupt or missing data. It runs an update and a pop apears to restart. Same message appears and it restarts the update again. It seems to be a never ending cycle. It looks
    like not all the system files are there. Used to be about 4 files and now only one?
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

"Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the console to get it working again but without any updates being completed"

"unplugged my xbox console totally, waited good 2 minutes, before plugging back in. Still does not work... "

"have been trying to install owned games into the console but the installation keeps being stopped."

Once a system update starts, Download, Verifying, (console restart) Applying, it has to finish those steps before it will work again. I'm surprised by "but without any updates being completed".

Check OS version in Guide>System>Settings>System>Console info and compare it with the latest XBOX system Operating system release for General Availability at this support site,

Whats new XBOX system updates

Are you using wired or Wifi to connect to your network hardware?

When you restarted your network hardware was the console off and unplugged?

How many games do you have in your Queue to download?

Do you have a ISP cap on downloads?
  6. Immanuel9716 Win User

Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

"Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the console to get it working again but without any updates being completed"

"unplugged my xbox console totally, waited good 2 minutes, before plugging back in. Still does not work... "

"have been trying to install owned games into the console but the installation keeps being stopped."

Once a system update starts, Download, Verifying, (console restart) Applying, it has to finish those steps before it will work again. I'm surprised by "but without any updates being completed".

Check OS version in Guide>System>Settings>System>Console info and compare it with the latest XBOX system Operating system release for General Availability at this support site,

Whats new XBOX system updates

Are you using wired or Wifi to connect to your network hardware?

When you restarted your network hardware was the console off and unplugged?

How many games do you have in your Queue to download?

Do you have a ISP cap on downloads?
    Hi. Am using a LAN network, which is wired. Restarted with both plugged and unplugged. Only have 1 game in queue. There is a system update that is of 550MB in size according to the console, but whenever i click update i am stuck at a “Updating” page, has
    been there for 6hours.
Thema:

1. My Xbox never detects updates, I always have to restart the system and start the game in... - Similar Threads - never detects updates

2. Achievements never unlock? XBOX PC App Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements never unlock? XBOX PC App Games: Anyone else having issues with achievements never showing up/registering on xbox pc games? I tried on windows 10 and windows 11 installs on my computer and same thing happens. Right now I'm...
  3. Trimming clips almost never works (alpha skip ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    Trimming clips almost never works (alpha skip ahead): everytime i try to trim a captured clip i always get the same issue infinite loading and after 1-2 minutes i get the message that its forced shutdown only way to get trimming to work for me is to...
  4. Xbox sign in screen never loading

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox sign in screen never loading: I just got a series s and whenever I try to actually sign into my account, it just shows the white screen but doesn't manage to load the log in screen so I can't log in. I logged onto my username...
  5. X Box on your side.any where ,never

in XboX Insiders
    X Box on your side.any where ,never: I think it would be a good idea is when you purchase a new x box ,it should come with a app that allows you to beam your x box on any TV through Wi fi or blue tooth and all you need to bring is...
  6. So why is it that Xbox series x is never available in Australia

in XboX Insiders
    So why is it that Xbox series x is never available in Australia: Hi I'm just wondering if anyone know where to buy a xbox series x because I have been trying to get one since launch and eventide they go up for sale scalpers steal them all up is microsoft doing...
  7. Cod vanguard purchased but never installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod vanguard purchased but never installed: So I purchased cod vanguard on Xbox one I’ve done all the updates to the Xbox and other cod games but cod vanguard doesn’t even show up in my games doesn’t show up as downloading just nothing when...
  8. Purchased Apex Legends coins, never received them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Apex Legends coins, never received them: I bought $20 worth of apex coins and never got them. Yes, I restarted my game and my console to try and refresh it but the coins still haven't loaded onto my apex account. Not sure how to fix...
  9. Xbox one S controller over Bluetooth is detected as an input device and never finish pairing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one S controller over Bluetooth is detected as an input device and never finish pairing: I haven use my control in a while, and today i tried to conecte it again on my pc but i notices that the control was no longer been recognised as a xbox one controller but as an input device, i...
  10. We have detected a signal..... But the picture never shows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We have detected a signal..... But the picture never shows...: Hi, since day one I have been unable to get the pass through to work. When I set it up I'm told that a signal is detected and it could take up to 12 seconds for the picture to appear but it never...