My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

Discus and support My xbox one is showing as permanently muted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one is showing the mute sign in the top right hand corner, I've done all updates, reset my xbox and tried all troubleshooting things but still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArchieHutchinson, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM.

1. My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

my xbox one is showing the mute sign in the top right hand corner, I've done all updates, reset my xbox and tried all troubleshooting things but still nothing, I can't get a callback from customer services as it keeps telling me there is a fault.....please
    help

:)

ArchieHutchinson, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Archie

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Froums.

If you are having trouble with your headset, I recommend that

you take a look at
    this
    article and see if any of these troubleshooting techniques work for you.

Alternatively, depending on what type of headset you are using, you may have to manage your audio settings by selecting Audio on the guide.

You can follow these steps to find this:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller.
    2. Scroll over to the right till you see the gear or cog icon, it will read
      System
    • If you have a compatible earphone piece or headset, you will display Audio
      in between Settings & Xbox Assist.

You will see three options here:

• Headset mic will allow you to manage how loud the audio output will be
    • Headset chat mixer will allow you to balance the game and party chat
    • Mic monitoring will allow you to adjust how sensitive the mic will be towards you voice.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  3. ArchieHutchinson Win User

its not giving me those options in the settings menu

Archie
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Archie,

Thanks for the update on the issue. If you are not receiving the audio menu under the system tab, the console is not detecting the headset.

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. silent sniper5 Win User

Controller/Headset unresponsive after plugging/unplugging charger

if I try to talk to my friends they cant hear me as if my mic is permanently muted when I try to mute or unmute no light shows sometimes my friends can hear me but then it goes again. I looked up this problem to fix it but apparently that if the mic is muted
    when the xbox turns off then it brakes. if anyone has a tip to stop this contact me on xbox one .
  6. KarenCronin1 Win User

XBOX Permanently on mute

I am going to try this now - thanks!
Thema:

1. My xbox one is showing as permanently muted - Similar Threads - showing permanently muted

2. Every time I try to sign in to youtube on my xbox one it shows the "Something went wrong"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I try to sign in to youtube on my xbox one it shows the "Something went wrong"...: I have tried about 20 times I have shut the app down hell I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it still tells me Something went wrong, sign-in failed, try again. I have accessed YouTube...
  3. Freind request on roblox wont show up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freind request on roblox wont show up: Whenever i go to my freind list no freind request will show up. 50b55c63-a230-48be-908c-bbe8ba7c1ee6
  4. Game won't show up after downloaded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't show up after downloaded: Hi, I purchased Batman Arkham Asylum online using the Xbox website and tried to download it for almost three days. Every time I check the active downloads and assume that it finished downloading,...
  5. Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now: Hi, i accidentally blocked my friend, and now that i have unblocked him, he permanently show as offline now, i was in a party with him so i know he isnt offline 76e8804d-d9c5-41ee-8b6d-182c2627ab57
  6. my xbox one s has crashed an cant even get it to come on showing a black screen .. i need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s has crashed an cant even get it to come on showing a black screen .. i need...: my xbox wont come on its just a black screen we have factory reset it an it is still under warranty through xbox I need for someone to contact me asap afbbe297-2a4e-48e7-b98b-c6c3e51e12c5
  7. Games previously obtained from Games with Gold showing as not owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games previously obtained from Games with Gold showing as not owned: Two games, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Slime Rancher. I thought I was crazy at first. The games don't show up in my order history. However, my achievements tell the story. Slime Rancher...
  8. Game Pass PC can't start games, shows Gaming Services instead.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass PC can't start games, shows Gaming Services instead.: So just today I tried to launch Hollow Knight and CrossCode, and both times opened up Microsoft Store with Gaming Services selected. I tried reinstalling Gaming Services, but I still can't run...
  9. Xbox Live status showing service alert.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live status showing service alert.: Good morning, in my internet connection test the live status is showing service alert activated, but in the Xbox Service Alert site is showing that is everything ok, anyone have a solution for...
  10. Fallout 4 bundle purchased toad worked game did not show up in my games permanently set as ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fallout 4 bundle purchased toad worked game did not show up in my games permanently set as ...: Okay so here's the deal I bought the 1 terabyte Xbox one bundle now came with a fallout 3 code to get the game I input the code it said something about an update wasn't right and then the game...