My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

Discus and support My xbox one is showing as permanently muted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one is showing the mute sign in the top right hand corner, I've done all updates, reset my xbox and tried all troubleshooting things but still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArchieHutchinson, Jul 12, 2019.

1. My xbox one is showing as permanently muted

my xbox one is showing the mute sign in the top right hand corner, I've done all updates, reset my xbox and tried all troubleshooting things but still nothing, I can't get a callback from customer services as it keeps telling me there is a fault.....please
    help

:)

ArchieHutchinson, Jul 12, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Archie

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Froums.

If you are having trouble with your headset, I recommend that

you take a look at
    this
    article and see if any of these troubleshooting techniques work for you.

Alternatively, depending on what type of headset you are using, you may have to manage your audio settings by selecting Audio on the guide.

You can follow these steps to find this:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller.
    2. Scroll over to the right till you see the gear or cog icon, it will read
      System
    • If you have a compatible earphone piece or headset, you will display Audio
      in between Settings & Xbox Assist.

You will see three options here:

• Headset mic will allow you to manage how loud the audio output will be
    • Headset chat mixer will allow you to balance the game and party chat
    • Mic monitoring will allow you to adjust how sensitive the mic will be towards you voice.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  3. ArchieHutchinson Win User

its not giving me those options in the settings menu

Archie
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Archie,

Thanks for the update on the issue. If you are not receiving the audio menu under the system tab, the console is not detecting the headset.

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. silent sniper5 Win User

Controller/Headset unresponsive after plugging/unplugging charger

if I try to talk to my friends they cant hear me as if my mic is permanently muted when I try to mute or unmute no light shows sometimes my friends can hear me but then it goes again. I looked up this problem to fix it but apparently that if the mic is muted
    when the xbox turns off then it brakes. if anyone has a tip to stop this contact me on xbox one .
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

Permanent mute

Hi there, Hazziel123!

This is a known issue that the proper teams are aware of and actively investigating for you. Keep an eye on the
    Status Page for the latest updates and info on that!
Thema:

1. My xbox one is showing as permanently muted - Similar Threads - showing permanently muted

2. XBOX GameBar on PC not showing CPU speed?

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX GameBar on PC not showing CPU speed?: Just wondering if anyone elses CPU speed stays at 0.00 Ghz? submitted by /u/Krimzon_Grey [link] [comments]
  3. Dr. Who Episode not showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dr. Who Episode not showing up: I bought the season pass and the newest episode that aired on 1/19 isn't available yet. Normally it's on the very next day. 8d91f9e2-2656-43a8-a007-cab02f196df3
  4. Gift card has purchased ok but vbucks not showing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card has purchased ok but vbucks not showing: Hi all I purchased vbucks last night for my sons xbox one for fortnite the purchase has been completed and is showing on the Microsoft account but the vbucks have not been credited to the account...
  5. All games show up in the "Ready to Install" area under each game's Manage Game and Add-ons...

in XboX Insiders
    All games show up in the "Ready to Install" area under each game's Manage Game and Add-ons...: Under all games it shows that they all are Ready to Install. I found out after looking at the download sizes of all my games. In particular, KH3. I noticed they were the same. I suspected the...
  6. I got charge twice for shark cards on gta and I only purchase one and it shows on my Xbox I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got charge twice for shark cards on gta and I only purchase one and it shows on my Xbox I...: I got charge twice for shark cards on gta and i only purchase one card i have proof i only bought one on my console but on my debit card i got charge twice for 49.99...
  7. Guest profile option not showing on Xbox 360 (via emulation on Xbox One X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Guest profile option not showing on Xbox 360 (via emulation on Xbox One X): I'm using an Xbox One X to play Xbox 360 games via emulation and i'm trying to sign in a guest so I can play Xbox 360 left 4 dead with split screen. But, when I select sign in on the second...
  8. Xbox Streaming App Won't Go Into Setup On Android. Please Help. Just Shows This With No...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Streaming App Won't Go Into Setup On Android. Please Help. Just Shows This With No...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Chris_of_House_White [link] [comments]
  9. Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unblocked someone and they permanently show as offline now: Hi, i accidentally blocked my friend, and now that i have unblocked him, he permanently show as offline now, i was in a party with him so i know he isnt offline 76e8804d-d9c5-41ee-8b6d-182c2627ab57
  10. Fallout 4 bundle purchased toad worked game did not show up in my games permanently set as ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Fallout 4 bundle purchased toad worked game did not show up in my games permanently set as ...: Okay so here's the deal I bought the 1 terabyte Xbox one bundle now came with a fallout 3 code to get the game I input the code it said something about an update wasn't right and then the game...