My Xbox One refuses to update my game

Discus and support My Xbox One refuses to update my game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Okay so here's the deal, I can download games just fine, downloading katana ZERO as I type this out, but for some reason I can't update... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WorldGladiator, Oct 18, 2020.

1. My Xbox One refuses to update my game

Hello,

Okay so here's the deal, I can download games just fine, downloading katana ZERO as I type this out, but for some reason I can't update Marvel's Avengers. What happens is that I try to launch the game and it closes to tell me I have to update first, normal
    right? Yeah well it tells me that the update size is 3.5MB and so I begin update only to watch it show me something around a 2.9GB and then it finishes. When I try to open the game again the same thing happens.

This used to happen before too with a 5GB update which I ended up using my mobile data for. I thought if I could just start the update on my mobile data then swap back to my wifi then tadaa problem solved. So while connected to my mobile data I launched
    the game and wouldn't you know it, I saw the prompt for a 5GB update. I started the update and it was working fine, however, when I swapped back to wifi I kept getting the installation stopped error. I ended up completing the update using my mobile data...ouch.

See I'd rather not do that this time, so I'm asking for any help here because I tried every solution I could find online but it just refuses to update this game on my wifi.

:)

WorldGladiator, Oct 18, 2020
  2. TNT3 Rays Win User

Xbox console refusing to update games

This is happening to me too, my xbox refuses to update my games that updated before, i even the game i needed to update, played it and it still refuses the update. And with all of this happening, My Netflix won't even start up. Man, Even the Dark Souls game
    i just rented won't update either.
  3. The Clodhopper Win User

About the Xbox update recently?

My xbox refuses to connect to live since I got the update... :(
  4. brandonmanRS Win User

AVATAR REWARD items don't show up in my Avatars list of items to use

Pretty much the same for me, I've now got 2 different avatars one on the 360 with my avatar awards and one on the Xbox One refusing to update, I can't change the Xbox One version as the avatar awards are missing.
  5. DarkHalf5 Win User

Why does music take so long to load?

atleast yours loads! My xbox refuses to acknowledge that I plug in my ipod. dumb media update does nothing!
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

My Xbox One is refusing to read games

So MS is past the denial phase - and realized that was starting to fail with system update, must be fixed with a system update - and not switch hardware?

MS really scared me off anyway.
Thema:

My Xbox One refuses to update my game

1. My Xbox One refuses to update my game - Similar Threads - refuses update game

2. After last update (pre alpha skip-ahead), my Xbox refuses to launch ANYTHING.

in XboX Insiders
    After last update (pre alpha skip-ahead), my Xbox refuses to launch ANYTHING.: After last update, my Xbox refuses to launch any games or apps. Only thing I can do is to go to settings or to visit the store. I just really hope that it is because of the update and not...
  3. Ark refuses to download update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark refuses to download update: Its a brand new outta box. I checked im connected to the internet, X live, and so on. Ive deleted and tried redownloading it twice now any ideas? 6d931592-0a1c-4a80-aa76-4a5825bd90ab
  4. Original Xbox One refusing to update. Factory reset and all attempts at an offline update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One refusing to update. Factory reset and all attempts at an offline update...: So for starters, I am following the advice here, https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution/offline-system-update My system OS is 10.0.17763.3066. The...
  5. Getting 25mbs but games refuse to update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting 25mbs but games refuse to update.: My games wont update and I can't download new ones. My internet speed on my dongle is 25mbs, my wifi is 3mbs, yet the game will download on the slow wifi??? Whenever I try to update a game, I get...
  6. installation stopped - games/updates refusing to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installation stopped - games/updates refusing to start: I tried to start FIFA 20 today and had to do an update. When I tried to start the update, it instantly said ‘Installation stopped’ and would continually refused to start. Since then uninstalled...
  7. Issues with game updates and apps refusing to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with game updates and apps refusing to load: Hey. Wondering if anyone can help? tried to install Just Cause 4 this morning and the disc based install went fine but refusing to install any updates for it. Just keeps saying installation...
  8. Multiple games refuse to update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple games refuse to update: I just got Destiny and the Master Chief Collection for Christmas. I have both installed, and am stuck trying to install the updates. While updating, they both keep stopping, making me have to...
  9. OG XBOX ONE REFUSING TO UPDATE GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    OG XBOX ONE REFUSING TO UPDATE GAMES: anyone have any idea as to why my OG xbox one 1tb will not update any game whatsoever? my internet is not the issue. it’s the xbox. sometimes it’ll update for a couple seconds then the speeds will...
  10. Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD: I recently migrated all my game content to an Xbox 360 S (250GB) from an Elite-model 120GB HDD, but encountered severe problems almost instantly. Games acquired digitally work fine, but those on...