My XBox One routinely needs hard reset

Discus and support My XBox One routinely needs hard reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing similar problems to me... I use my XBox as the controller for my cable box tuner/power, my AV receiver... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mkwrrn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. mkwrrn
    mkwrrn Guest

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing similar problems to me...

I use my XBox as the controller for my cable box tuner/power, my AV receiver (power), and my Tv/display (power). I control all of it with voice 95% of the time - and I use the system each night. In the day it's turned off (but connected to power in stand-by
    mode).

The problem: Every 3-4 days, the systems Kinect functionality becomes erratic, where it either doesn't accept voice commands or is extremely slow to react to voice commands. Usually when this happens, the system also forgets about the other devices and
    doesn't power anything else on. Top fix all this is simple, I unplug the XBox from power, and then plug it back in. Once thats done, the XBox green start screen shows and everything is back to working perfectly.

Should I report this to Microsoft and get a replacement unit, or am I just experiencing first gen common issues?

:)

mkwrrn, Feb 14, 2014
  2. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    New to Xbox entirely. Just got an xbox one.

Don't agree with the advice of doing a hard reset often. What's the point of that? A hard reset should be a last resort problem solver not something you do routinely as a preventative. Think I have HAD to do three since day one.

John Dowding, Feb 14, 2014
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    I was wondering which to use Instant on or Energy Saving?

There is no risk running instant on, with Instant on you will receive updates that will download while the console is "off" and it allows for voice commands to power on the console. A side effect is routinely you will need to do a hard reset of the Xbox one which is just a full reboot not deleting data.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Feb 14, 2014
  4. Monsterbishi
    Monsterbishi Guest

It's a fault dude, send it in.

Monsterbishi, Feb 14, 2014
  5. Monsterbishi Win User

It's a fault dude, send it in.
  6. Mr Boozyhead Win User

Can't finish multiplayer connection test?

Have you tried the good old routine of hard resetting your Xbox?
  7. John Dowding Win User

New to Xbox entirely. Just got an xbox one.

Don't agree with the advice of doing a hard reset often. What's the point of that? A hard reset should be a last resort problem solver not something you do routinely as a preventative. Think I have HAD to do three since day one.
  8. {Parity} Win User

Xbox One Routine Updates Need Work!

9. PICK 34 Win User

Are things getting better for the xb1?

I've had my xbox one since launch and other than needing a hard reset and my Kinect working when it decides it wants to, I haven't had a problem.
Thema:

1. My XBox One routinely needs hard reset - Similar Threads - routinely needs hard

2. Need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help: someone got on my account and made it their home xbox and im out of switches anyone have an idea to help me 98a5ff7b-4b09-4d7b-93db-f0b61180b51c
  3. Looks like you need to renew gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew gamepass: When I was trying to load into dead by daylight I was given a message that said I needed to renew gamepass, I’ve never used gamepass, this also happens with minecraft and terraria. When I tried...
  4. Do we need Xbox live to play minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do we need Xbox live to play minecraft?: Good Evening All. My son has minecraft on a disc & has been playing on it without any issue. However, as he tried to play this evening, it is asking him to subscribe to Xbox live to continue...
  5. I need to change my Xbox username

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change my Xbox username: I need i change my xbox name but $15 tax is alot of money to change it. My younger siblings didnt know that it cost money to change and for the first time changed it to ipooponshelves. This wasnt...
  6. Need Help

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help: My Xbox One X keeps saying “there is a problem getting this content at the moment” will these fix its self through Xbox or do I need to do something, please send help! submitted by...
  7. I need friends for Xbox Fitness & workout routine recommendations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need friends for Xbox Fitness & workout routine recommendations: I'm new to Xbox Fitness -- and am looking for buddies. I would also be grateful if anybody could recommend routines....there's appears to be a lot to choose from. I'm wary of routines that are...
  8. Looking for people to run routine with to do the 250 run routine challenge.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looking for people to run routine with to do the 250 run routine challenge.: I'm looking for people to run through routine with for the time being . I would be interested in later running other runs, "I normally run perilous", but want to get this challenge done first. I...
  9. Routinely lose TV signal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Routinely lose TV signal: I've had my One for a few weeks now. I gotta, say that I'm far from impressed. Lot's of buggy issues. The first issues was having to disconnect from the internet to install a game, since it...
  10. Xbox One Routine Updates Need Work!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Routine Updates Need Work!: I'm so tired of always getting random updates in the middle of a game. It's really frustrating when you're playing online games like Ark or in the middle of an online match and you get forced...