My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off.

Discus and support My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my Xbox one s will turn on for about 45 seconds, then turn off. however, it wont even connect to the tv, it wont receive the signal. we’ve tried pretty... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TallishPiston, Nov 21, 2020.

1. My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off.

my Xbox one s will turn on for about 45 seconds, then turn off. however, it wont even connect to the tv, it wont receive the signal. we’ve tried pretty much everything. we’ve moved it to a different outlet, used a new HDMI cord, we checked that it wasn’t
    overheated, even tried another tv, but nothing seems to work. any ideas?

:)

TallishPiston, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Leemur60 Win User

Xbox One connects to the internet, but it doesnt connect.

Try a complete shutdown of the console. While it is shutdown, turn off your router/modem for 5-10 minutes then turn it back on. Wait for about 15 minutes and then restart the Xbox. Is the Xbox connecting wirelessly or with a wired connection? Under your
    network settings, check the connection to Xbox Live.
  3. Monterroza Win User

Elite Series 2 controller not working properly.

My xbox turns on but the thing is it wont connect to my tv or neither my controller, and when i try turning it off by the x button it wont turn off unless i disconnect it from the back or cord.
  4. Dormire Win User

can connect to the internet and modem/router but cant connect to xbox live

I am also unable to connect to XBox Live through my XBox. Was playing Rock Band 3, turned the console off, turned it ack on about 3 minutes later and it will not connect. Message suggests power-cycling (tried it) and port forwarding (did that ages ago).
    Still no connection. Bleh.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

xbox one x

6. WelHungIrishman Win User

xbox one console won't power on

Console wont turn ON.

Unplugged for 10 minutes, I sure hope it's "OFF" by then, because after all, the problem is it won't turn ON.

Results = FAIL
Thema:

My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off.

1. My Xbox one s console will turn on for about a minute, but wont connect and turn off. - Similar Threads - console turn minute

2. Xbox Series X chime (no sound) when turn off console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X chime (no sound) when turn off console: About the sound emitted by the Xbox Series X when turning on, off or in standby mode, I have a question. Whenever I turn on, turn off, or activate standby mode via the physical button on the...
  3. Xbox series S dashboard lag and freezing/ Also the console randomly turned off while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S dashboard lag and freezing/ Also the console randomly turned off while...: My Xbox series s console keeps lagging and freezing when going in and out ofbthe dashboard and back into games. It also shut down by its self while playing a game what's going to on with these...
  4. Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses...

in XboX Insiders
    Console immediately powers back on after turning off, including controller, but loses...: I don't know if this is an Insider thing, because I've now experienced it on both the One X and the Series X, and my Series X is NOT enrolled in a preview ring yet. Let me explain: I noticed on...
  5. My series x console has frozen mid game, and turned its self off at least three times, in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x console has frozen mid game, and turned its self off at least three times, in...: Having issues with my series x freezing mid game, then turning off. Its don this several time in less than one hour. There is plenty of space for ventilation, but exhaust vent seem warmer as well...
  6. Clunk Noise when turning console on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Clunk Noise when turning console on: Just wondering if it is normal to hear a "clunk" type noise from what seems to be the disc drive on start up. Have tried with and without disc and in low power mode & instant on? Everything works...
  7. Can't connect to xboxlive + every time I turn my console on signed out after one minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xboxlive + every time I turn my console on signed out after one minute: I'm not sure what has happened but seemingly out of the blue my xbox one will sign my account out shortly after I have turned the console on and won't let me sign back in, xboxlive does not work...
  8. Can't connect to xboxlive + every time I turn my console on signed out after one minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xboxlive + every time I turn my console on signed out after one minute: I'm not sure what has happened but seemingly out of the blue my xbox one will sign my account out shortly after I have turned the console on and won't let me sign back in, xboxlive does not work...
  9. my console is geting off auto maybe 5 secs or 1 minutes after turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my console is geting off auto maybe 5 secs or 1 minutes after turned on: My console is turning auto off after been turned one after 5 secs or 1 minutes add16f25-9dff-4c38-9aed-012f545c095b
  10. Console started to turn itself off after seconds/minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console started to turn itself off after seconds/minutes: Today I rearranged my living room and moved my XBox from one side of the room to the other. Since then it only runs for a few minutes - or seconds - before switching itself off. I tried...