My Xbox One S isnt connecting to my tv

Discus and support My Xbox One S isnt connecting to my tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've had my xbox for about 2 years now and never dropped it, spilled any liquid on it and it's never been areas where it could over heat. Recently,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Calik Austin, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Calik Austin
    Calik Austin Guest

So I've had my xbox for about 2 years now and never dropped it, spilled any liquid on it and it's never been areas where it could over heat. Recently, it froze and I had to restart it and when I did, i was only able to pull up the xbox menu by pressing
    the xbox button on the controller. I couldn't move through the selections. Eventually, it would not even show the picture on my TV. It would just be a black screen. I changed my HDMI chord and the same issue occured. I did all the hard reset methods and that
    doesn't come up either. Last night I tried again and now the HDMI does even connect to the tv. My tv says "please connect device". Not sure what is wrong or what to do next and I can't find a support number for Microsoft. Also my controller doesn't even connect
    to the xbox either. However, my xbox turns on and sounds like it's running normally. What do I do? And what is xbox support number?

:)

Calik Austin, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Calik Austin Win User

Lol yea it's in the correct output
  3. DAVIIKUS Win User

I know it is pretty obvious but on the back there are two HDMI1 input and one output make sure it is correct, regards
  4. JCSWW Win User

Xbox One S not recognizing full 4K capabilities through 4K AV receiver

My TV doesn't support HDR at all but it is 4k capable. I have tried having the XBOX One S directly connected to the TV and through the receiver with no luck getting anything 4k out of the One S.
  5. SpoopyJlian Win User

Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

Thanks for getting back to me!

I have both my console and soundbar plugged into my TV. My Xbox One S is connected to HDMI 1 and my soundbar is connected to HDMI 2 (ARC). It's the recommended setup.

It's also the exact same setup as before with my old Xbox One.

Again, with this setup I am not able to get surround sound on the S, which didn't happen with the non-S.
  6. BirdyEkrom Win User

Xbox live on xbox 360 s fixed!

No i dont, it is a xbox 360 S

Internet is connected it shows it

Only thing that isnt i connected is xbox live

My xbox box gold yearly subscription shows it is active On mricosoft.com

It's refurbished.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S isnt connecting to my tv - Similar Threads - isnt connecting

2. Mic isnt connecting to adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic isnt connecting to adapter: I just got an xbox wireless adapter for windows 10, but half the time i press the button the light on it doesnt flash, and even when it does it wont find my headphones. I have razer thresher for...
  3. Modernwarfare isnt connecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Modernwarfare isnt connecting: Everytime ive managed to get into the game this pops up. It allows me to get into something such as bootcamp but nothing moves, the time never starts and its just me in a lobby. Help? [img]...
  4. Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC: I have a wired controller that has seemed to stop being detected by my XB1. Not sure why but it started when i went to turn my consold off by holding the xbox button and selecting turn console off...
  5. Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: My modem isnt connecting to my xbox one.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: My modem isnt connecting to my xbox one.: Technicolor (Modems/Gateways) Technicolor-TC8305C: My modem isnt connecting to my xbox one. Check this link for a possible solution:...
  6. Amped Wireless Amped Wireless R10000: Cox internet modem isnt connecting with my xbox my ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Amped Wireless Amped Wireless R10000: Cox internet modem isnt connecting with my xbox my ...: Amped Wireless (Routers) Amped Wireless R10000: Cox internet modem isnt connecting with my xbox my connection is wireless modem name is panoramic internet will not connect. Ive unplugged it and...
  7. Gamertag isnt connected to my email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag isnt connected to my email: My first Gamertag i ever created is gone i bought a new xbox and wanted to play with my old account but i cant get in it. i can find the gamertag with the friend searcching option but i cant find...
  8. Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working": My console is not connecting to my Wi-Fi via wireless connection. the xbox is saying "the wireless network hardware isn't working". bf8473f7-2b17-4c19-8924-cc7f1c36d406
  9. xbox isnt working due to connection issues host end!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox isnt working due to connection issues host end!: any chance of a statement as to why this £500 console is rendered useless because of issues at xbox end? people spent a LOT of MONEY on your consoles a statement, nay a FIX would be...
  10. Multiplayer connect isnt working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer connect isnt working: My Xbox recognises that it has a connection to the internet, but the multiplayer doesn't work at all. I have tested the multiplayer connect located in the troubleshooting section and I always...