My Xbox One S isn't showing a 1440p display option even though my monitor supports it

Discus and support My Xbox One S isn't showing a 1440p display option even though my monitor supports it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a gaming monitor that supports 1440p at 144Hz and connected my xbox one S to it. However when I went into the display settings the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AveekDas1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. AveekDas1
    AveekDas1 Guest

My Xbox One S isn't showing a 1440p display option even though my monitor supports it

Hi,

I recently got a gaming monitor that supports 1440p at 144Hz and connected my xbox one S to it. However when I went into the display settings the only two resolution options I see are 720p and 1080p. I have tried steps such as hard resetting my xbox but
    still no change. The 120Hz setting works however it only does it at 1080p and doesn't show me the option of changing to 1440p. Can someone please give me a solution, thanks.

:)

AveekDas1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. AveekDas1 Win User

Hi,

My monitor’s a PRISM+ X315 PRO (it’s a Singaporean brand). Sorry for not mentioning this but in the user manual it states that it supports 1440p through both DP and HDMI. It’s just that through DP it allows 165Hz but through HDMI only allow.s 144Hz. I’m
    mainly confused because the xbox allows me to change the refresh rate to 120Hz but not the resolution to 1440p
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

What's the make and model of the monitor?

There is quite a bit of confusion regarding monitors and Xbox One consoles. Quite a few monitors don't support all features and resolutions over HDMI. It's likely that 1440P and 120Hz is a feature on your monitor that is only available via Display Port.
    DP is not supported by Xbox One.
  4. Pauldwin Win User

Unable to 120Hz at 1440p Even Though Monitor Supports 144Hz at 1440p

This isn't accurate as my Xbox will support 120Hz at 1080p, but not 1440p which it should according to my monitors specs.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox one x wont run at 125hz unless at 1080p

Hi,

The max refresh rate on One S and X is 120hz, but to get there you need a monitor or TV that supports it and supports it over HDMI. Some displays only support this over display port.

The S3220DGF doesn't support 120hz at all, only 60 and 144hz and the 144hz is only over Display port.

Best suggestions is find a monitor you like the look of and google its online manual PDF. You're looking for 120hz over HDMI. Remember that this is the
    vertical refresh rate.

Also be sure 1440P is 2560x1440 as this is a 1440P monitor, Xbox does not support ultra wide displays.

look at online reviews, manuals and YouTube vids of your display. Shouldn't go wrong with that.
  6. WPAK Win User

1440p 120Hz Support?

Hi there,

please check if the Monitor does support 120Hz via HDMI on the 1440p resolution, often certain resolutions are only supported via 1 of the display options, so it could be that this monitor only supports the desired resolution via for example Display port
    and not over HDMI

Be sure to check the manual for your monitor what it supports
Thema:

1. My Xbox One S isn't showing a 1440p display option even though my monitor supports it - Similar Threads - isn't showing 1440p

2. My gamer pic isn't showing even though it is completely appropriate.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer pic isn't showing even though it is completely appropriate.: I am trying to change my gamer pic and when i changed it about 45 mins ago it worked right away but now it isn't accepting any of the pictures that i uploaded even though they are completely...
  3. I purchased a DLC that isn't showing as owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a DLC that isn't showing as owned: I'm revisiting Dragon Age: Origins. I had this back when it came out on 360 and purchased a good majority of its DLC. Worth adding I am playing this with backwards compatibility on Xbox One....
  4. Xbox one S all digital edition isn't showing on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S all digital edition isn't showing on tv: My Xbox one S all digital edition is not showing up on my tv and the controller isn't connecting I've tried -switching hdmi port -hard resetting many times -syncing the controller and xbox...
  5. I'm trying to join the Minecraft RTX Beta, but the option to join it isn't showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to join the Minecraft RTX Beta, but the option to join it isn't showing up.: [IMG] submitted by /u/SpaceTurd0 [link] [comments]
  6. My text isn't showing in party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    My text isn't showing in party chat: Whenever, I text in Xbox live party chat, It isn't showing. 3cfb8b08-fe57-4e3e-a572-2ba25956b53a
  7. Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio mix in game bar isn't working - speakers + applications aren't showing up: [img] Every time I get on my PC after a shutdown, it works just fine. But the moment it goes to sleep and turn it back on, the speakers, as well as all of my applications do not show up. I am...
  8. I purchased Cities Skylines DLC from XBOX, but it isn't showing up on XBOX for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased Cities Skylines DLC from XBOX, but it isn't showing up on XBOX for my PC: I purchased Cities Skylines DLC from XBOX and it works fine there. However, when I run Skylines on my PC, it downloads fine, but it shows that I didn't purchase the DLC....
  9. microsoft account balance isn't showing up in xbox store

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft account balance isn't showing up in xbox store: My son added a £25 xbox one gift card he already had £6.41 and the balance is showing in his Microsoft account as £31.41 but when we go to the store on xbox one and try to spend it on a VIP add on...
  10. Microsoft store isn't showing my updated account balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store isn't showing my updated account balance: I have recently added a gift card to my Microsoft balance and it is showing in my payment and billing that it has been successful. However, when I go to purchase anything on the Xbox store it...