My Xbox One shuts down without warning

Discus and support My Xbox One shuts down without warning in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing Forza Horizon 4, when all the sudden, it shut down, almost like it lost power. Now, the longest it stays on is 15 minutes. Should I try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TackledMirror14, Oct 1, 2020.

1. My Xbox One shuts down without warning

I was playing Forza Horizon 4, when all the sudden, it shut down, almost like it lost power. Now, the longest it stays on is 15 minutes. Should I try the cord on my brother's Xbox One, or is the cord not the problem?

:)

TackledMirror14, Oct 1, 2020
  2. meltyourtv Win User

My Xbox One is crashing every time I download my account

There is no error code, any XBox One that I sign into just shuts off without any warning. Exactly what happens in the video I attached.
  3. Nintendufus Win User

My Xbox One keeps shutting down without warning. Probably not overheating. Help.

Update: I logged into Netflix and streamed about half of Skyfall, so maybe it is exclusively Sunset Overdrive. I've uninstalled the game and am reinstalling with the hope that it just went janky somewhere along the line.
  4. JiveBongo194718 Win User

My Xbox One keeps shutting down without warning. Probably not overheating. Help.

Having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
  5. Nintendufus Win User

@WillYum: I don't own any other games yet, but I'll try Netflix and report back. I've been troubleshooting on my own for the last hour or so and found that the problem persists even when I'm playing Sunset Overdrive without the disc in the drive. (I didn't
    even know you could do that.)
  6. WillYum1337 Win User

@Nintendufus Hey, have you tried contacting Xbox Support? support.xbox.com or maybe XboxSupport on twitter? If your having trouble finding an answer here then I think you should try Xbox Support.
Thema:

My Xbox One shuts down without warning

1. My Xbox One shuts down without warning - Similar Threads - shuts down without

2. I've tried everything but my controller just shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've tried everything but my controller just shuts down.: What do I do? I was going to play a game on my Xbox One and my controller (I already synced many times in the past by the way) will not turn on! I tried taking out the battery and putting it back...
  3. 4 month old Xbox one X randomly shuts down a few times a week.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4 month old Xbox one X randomly shuts down a few times a week.: So we have been uaing our new xbox one X since my Scorpio version kept having way to many errors. Its now about 4 mobths old and randomly shuts down. It seems to happen many times when my daugher...
  4. Xbox One X Project Scorpio constantly hard crashes and shuts down on Destiny 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio constantly hard crashes and shuts down on Destiny 2: My Xbox One X project Scorpio Edition just constantly hard crashes on Destiny 2, completely shutting down, and I haven’t seen it do it on any other game. And it happens every time I play Destiny...
  5. Xbox one s shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s shutting down: Hi all bought a cheap xbox one so i can play games with my son. The console has started shutting down at random points. At first i thought it was a heat problem so i stripped it down gave it a...
  6. Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users...: At approximately 2:40 P.M. Mountain Standard time, I was in the middle of playing a siege event on Neverwinter. We were almost done killing the boss, and the server immediately shut down and...
  7. Xbox shutting down due to overheating without being hot

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox shutting down due to overheating without being hot: Hi there! My XBOX One X has shut itself down in the middle of a Game twice so far, saying it was overheating. Touching the console though doesn't seem to verify that. It feels only mildly warm in...
  8. Xbox turns on without a HDMI output. After 30 second shuts down every time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on without a HDMI output. After 30 second shuts down every time.: So i was playing battlefront 2, while loading new map, xbox got unresponsive, after few minutes i shut it down. Now when i try to turn it on - fan works, light comes up, but no HDMI signal and...
  9. Xbox 1 auto shuts down due to overheating without actually overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 auto shuts down due to overheating without actually overheating: My Xbox will shut off within minutes of turning it on, and when I turn it back on again a screen comes up that basically says "Xbox One shuts off automatically when overheating". Issue is, my...
  10. My Xbox One keeps shutting down without warning. Probably not overheating. Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps shutting down without warning. Probably not overheating. Help.: This morning, while I was playing Sunset Overdrive, my Xbox One shut off without warning. I figured it was a fluke – something bumped the power cord, I had an otherwise-imperceptible power surge,...