My Xbox One will not play Live TV. Instead, a black screen is present.

Discus and support My Xbox One will not play Live TV. Instead, a black screen is present. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just received my Xbox One yesterday. I went through all of the steps to setting up my DVR (Scientific Atlanta) and my TV (Dynex) to my Xbox. I have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TestaFiesta, Jun 4, 2014.

1. TestaFiesta
    TestaFiesta Guest

I just received my Xbox One yesterday. I went through all of the steps to setting up my DVR (Scientific Atlanta) and my TV (Dynex) to my Xbox. I have a HDMI cord going from both my TV and my DVR to the Xbox. Sometimes it will tell me that I have lost connection,
    and when I set up my TV and DVR again, it lets me into the TV App only to see a black screen when I select my channel. My DVR is a Scientific Atlanta EXPLORER 8300HD, and my TV is a Dynex DX-32L221A12. Any help is much appreciated!

:)

TestaFiesta, Jun 4, 2014
  2. DJob1990
    DJob1990 Guest
    Xbox won't startup

Yesterday i played COD Ghosts on xbox live normal.

couple hours laters after i turned off my xbox, it will not startup again.

I only get a black screen on my tv, both of my controllers will not connect with the xbox one

I have tried to reset my console, and to plug out the cable's and few seconds later back in.

Still black screen on my tv and can not play on my xbox one.

Who can help me??

Greetings

DJob1990, Jun 4, 2014
  3. DJob1990
    DJob1990 Guest
    Xbox won't start up

Yesterday i played COD Ghosts on xbox live normally. A couple hours laters after i turned off my xbox, it won't startup again. I only get a black screen on my tv and both of my controllers will not connect with the xbox one I have tried to reset my console,
    and to plug out the cable's and few seconds later back in. Still black screen on my tv and can not play on my xbox one. Who can help me?? Greetings

DJob1990, Jun 4, 2014
  4. adamhj780 Win User

My Xbox one s device control not working

I tv off then xbox one is on then tv not on stay black screen
  5. Bow Hunter4x4 Win User

Xbox One - Black Screen?

I bought xbox one for Christmas present for my kids 12 and 7. Since Christmas Day I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. Blue ray wouldn't work , TV nope, sent it back. They had it for 2 1/2 weeks sent me different console, couldn't sign in to live. And
    now black screen, I can hear it but can not see it. I have had xbox since it released in 2001 and this is by far the worst it has been
  6. shadyagent Win User

SCREEN BLINKS BLACK?

When it blinks to the black screen and comes back does it show what resolution it is set at?

I have found that on my tv even though it is a 1080p Full HDTV Samsung, I cannot have my console display resolution set for 1080p on my tv. The only way to have it not blink to a black screen is to have the console set at 720p instead.

This may explain why it works on the smaller 22" tv and your kids TV. Just a thought, it may not be the issue but sounds similar so it could help.
  7. Zered75001 Win User

Momentary Black Screen While Gaming

Hello,

I've got the same "2 sec black screen" on my TV (a 4 years old Philips LCD screen). I've tried on another TV (a new LG) and I don't have it anymore.

Same thing for a friend : problem with a Samsung TV, but on a LG one, no more black screen anymore.

It looks like it's a bad compatibility between specific TV and Xbox One.

@Duck, did you mean "color by pixel" option ?
  8. CCCLODS2 Win User

Xbox One stuck on black screen after boot up

Yep, same thing here. After playing COD earlier today, went to turn on the Xbox and wouldn't read the disk, couldn't access settings, TV, etc. Every time I went to one of the above, I got the 0x8007023f error message. I tried hard reboot, now it turns
    on, gets the green screen with logo for 5-10 seconds and goes to a black system error screen. This screen has the E200 00000074 00000000 error code. Thanks for the GREAT Christmas present!
Thema:

1. My Xbox One will not play Live TV. Instead, a black screen is present. - Similar Threads - play Live Instead

2. Getting signed out and disconnected from live when I play different games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting signed out and disconnected from live when I play different games.: I noticed this happened after the release of the new MW. I haven't played the game, but instead when I play red dead 2 or gta 5 I get signed out of my account and disconnected from live. The only...
  3. : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends: : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends Thanks for the help man. However i haven't yet got the chance to check.. I will try the suggested step and definitely let you know....
  4. current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live: Just added a 3 month card..... now i'm still getting this.... current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live e019a959-6923-4765-9995-a6d1e0c176c9
  5. Can't play any of my downloaded games from game pass. is this an xbox live issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play any of my downloaded games from game pass. is this an xbox live issue?: So i got game pass last night for the first time, and downloaded a bunch of games and played gears 5 for a few hours. today after work, i am unable to play any of my games. It says, "something is...
  6. “You need to be signed into Xbox LIVE to access Xbox LIVE game play features.”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “You need to be signed into Xbox LIVE to access Xbox LIVE game play features.”: So I recently reinstalled Battlefield 3 and I wanted to play multiplayer but it keeps on saying this same message “You need to be signed into Xbox LIVE to access Xbox LIVE game play features.” and...
  7. Can I play all xbox one games without internet and xbox live account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play all xbox one games without internet and xbox live account?: I'm fed up with Microsoft servers thatt has awful download speed on high speed.But my internet no longer an high speed internet provider.Do you required me to have an online xbox live account with...
  8. Can't play Xbox 360 games without live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games without live?: Okay so is this right? I have been perm banned from xbox live and console is banned. Just tried loading red dead redemption 1 which is an xbox one edition as it has undead nightmare. But it loads...
  9. How to play in Xbox Live in pc with friend from Steam?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to play in Xbox Live in pc with friend from Steam?: I have a problem because I have a game available on the xbox game pass on a computer that my friend has on Steam, my xbox account is connected with steam, but I can't play with it, how can I get...
  10. Can I play old Xbox 360 games on Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play old Xbox 360 games on Xbox Live Gold: I have an old xbox 360 and Fifa 11. I just signed up for Xbox Live Gold so that I could play online but when I try to connect it says the EA servers are down. Is this a connection error or is this...