My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...?

Discus and support My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Really could use some advice here, I will try to explain in details as I read about similar stuff but not with these specs: Having a Xbox One console,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by plusminus2, May 18, 2020.

1. plusminus2
    plusminus2 Guest

Really could use some advice here, I will try to explain in details as I read about similar stuff but not with these specs:

Having a Xbox One console, the old one (fat+brick power source).

Working perfectly until this morning, using it constantly.

Today I wanted to power on the console using the controller but the controller acted like it wasn't sync with the console (led blinking on controller). I start the console directly pressing the button but there is no signal on TV. After 3-5 min the console
    shut down himself.

Unplugged everything, following all the steps described
    here
    when connecting back in, nothing works.

I watched how the led on brick power supply behaves:

- first time when I connect the brick to power wall the led goes White, stay for 20-30 sec and then goes Orange (you can hear it is working)

- then I power on the console, the console starts and the led on brick goes White again.

- no signal on TV whatsoever

- the led on brick goes Orange after 3-5 min and the console shuts down.

All this time I can't get the controller to sync with the console.

Did everything with 2 different power bricks, 2 different HDMI cables, 2 HDMI ports on TV, 3 different controllers that were previously working fine with it.

The only thing I didn't change is the cable that goes from the power wall into brick 'cause I don't have another one. But at this point is hard to believe that this could be the problem.

:)

plusminus2, May 18, 2020
  2. MonjaJozef Win User

Try this:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.

3. Press and hold the BIND (controller sync button located on the left side of the console or bottom right if a one S or one X) and the EJECT button and then just press the Xbox button on the console once.

4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

7. To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox.

9. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If that not helps I am afraid that it is a power brick as suggested.
  3. Mr daffypyle Win User

sound like you power brick on way out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkZhYNWTB6o
  4. SoullessCodith Win User

I had a similar problem with my original Xbox One. I replaced the power brick (found a new one fairly cheap on ebay). It fixed that problem.
  5. HowRidiculous4 Win User

Had the same problem in November , had to replace my power brick
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Issue with gamerpic

Hey there,

Are you still running into this issue? If so, try starting out with a quick power cycle by holding the power button your Xbox One console down until the unit fully powers down. Boot back up and give it another shot after that!
Thema:

1. My Xbox One won't boot then shots down. It is the power source or...? - Similar Threads - won't boot shots

2. Xbox One X 19041.1642.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2004.20041 4-0000 won't boot

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X 19041.1642.amd64fre.vb_release_xbox_dev_2004.20041 4-0000 won't boot: Hello, I was playing my Xbox on Sunday (5/10/2020) and even had it turned on Monday, later that night I turned it on only to notice my TV never booted up and that is because it booted into the...
  3. Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot: Hi all. For a few days now, I have been unable to play newly installed gamepass games, they will either not boot (like Indivisible or Two Points Hospital) and either be stuck on a black screen or...
  4. Xbox One failed update. Now won't boot up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One failed update. Now won't boot up.: Hi. I turned my console on a couple of hours ago. It immediately started an update procedure so I left it to it. It got to 85% 'Applying' before it returned an error. From the Troubleshooting...
  5. Xbox one X won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X won't boot: I'm struggling to find a similar issue on the forum boards. My xbox one x won't boot up. I press the power button on the console and it lights up for one second, makes the start up chime, then...
  6. Game Discs Won't Boot OS 10.0.18363.8124

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Discs Won't Boot OS 10.0.18363.8124: I normally play my games digitally but for Christmas my son got Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville on a disc. I opened up the disc and put it into my Xbox One X running OS 10.0.18363.8124...
  7. Xbox won't boot.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won't boot.: Currently in Alpha Skip Ahead, tried to get on my xbox this morning and it currently won't boot. I currently want to try to avoid factory resetting and losing multiple home xbox accounts tokens...
  8. My xbox won't boot up or connect my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't boot up or connect my controller: The light on my xbox will come on but won't come through the TV and the controller will not connect to the xbox does anyone know why this is happening? a7a25af9-d2d3-4fac-9f71-5f980f2d8802
  9. Original xbox one crashes on offline update by 58% and won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox one crashes on offline update by 58% and won't boot: Original xbox one crashes on offline update by 58% and won't boot 9a6a9480-d7d6-47bd-8a32-0417442b5273
  10. My Xbox One power supply has an orange light and won't boot up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One power supply has an orange light and won't boot up.: My Console's power supply has an orange light and my console wont turn on. My cousin i has a bad sleep schedule and is playing on while im asleep, when i wake up the Xbox is turned on and then i...