My Xbox One X Keeps Hard Crashing

Discus and support My Xbox One X Keeps Hard Crashing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; First time I noticed this was about a month or so ago, I was turning off my Xbox (by pressing the button) and it was taking much longer than normal to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/NCIS117, Feb 22, 2020.

1. /u/NCIS117
    /u/NCIS117 Guest

First time I noticed this was about a month or so ago, I was turning off my Xbox (by pressing the button) and it was taking much longer than normal to completely shut off. I say there and watched the logo brighten and dim for about 5/10 minutes before holding the button down to hard restart it. Ever since then, some of my games will crash my console. I get no error message, just a screen that states that the Xbox is designed to automatically shut off to prevent overheating and/or poor ventilation.

Best example I can give is with Civ VI. If you ever played it, you’ll know that one of the many ways to win is through a science victory and the only way to start this is to launch a satellite. For me, I get mid-way through this 30 second cutscene of a rocket launch and my Xbox crashes. This happens even after purchasing the Expansion Bundle (not saying that because I want money back since I really find it fun).

The newest example is with SW:Battlefront II. I got it last night on sale and as soon as I logged in today, I noticed I had a loot box. I went to open it and my console crashes in the same way. I tried to open another one about 2 hours ago and it happened again.

Now, I have been in contact with 2K Support and Xbox Customer Support about this and I was advised to message about the issue here since I’m in the preview beta ring. The following is the series of troubleshooting tests I’ve either done on my own or with a support agent.

Hard Restart and Cool Restart of the console. Uninstall and Reinstall the game (Civ) Put a box fan in front of the console at full power Moved the game to an External Hard Drive Wiped the system cashe

The only things I haven’t tried are uninstalling and reinstalling the game from my Internal Hard Drive, deleting the OS and Factory Resetting my console. That said, Xbox Support advised me to wait until the new OS is public and to see if there is any difference. If not, then resort to the last three. If they don’t help then I’ll have to have my Scorpio sent for repair or replacement.

If there is anyway I can get this fixed or if anyone else is having these issues, please let me know. It’ll be greatly appreciated!

I also have a video of this happening but for some reason I can’t post it here

submitted by /u/NCIS117
    [link] [comments]

/u/NCIS117, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Daevii Win User

No Man's Sky Xbox One X Crashing

I bought this game earlier tonight and I keep getting the same crashes. Where the whole one x shut down and I have to walk over and press the power button. I've never had any game crash so hard it shuts down my system
  3. Phattboiga2nc Win User

Modern Warfare causing Xbox One X Users to crash

My game also keeps crashing and turns off my xbox one x. I have tried all fixes and it continues to reboot.
  4. Designher Win User

Xbox one X broken - Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Same here multiple updates and still to this day the xbox one x crashes for me playing modern warfare. Its a hard crash and makes me want to switch to PlayStation 4.
  5. jaman32 Win User

XBox and Customer support

i have a computer that i run a dedicated ark server on... the computer never dashboards nor do the people that play on my server.. but for some reason my Xbox one keeps crashing when i play on my own server that is on the same WiFi
    not sure why this keeps happening its usuly 5 mins into game playing and keeps happening over and over again.. how do i correct this from happening i paid of the digital version so i could do this but for some reason my game on my Xbox one x keeps crashing
  6. slackadelic Win User

New COD MW patch

Didn't see it in the other posts, but the stability issues on Xbox One X seemed to have been addressed, but nothing concrete on what they did:

Backend fixes to prevent crashes and increase stability–we’ll have to see if this helps poor Xbox One players who keep reporting crashes.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One X Keeps Hard Crashing - Similar Threads - Keeps Hard Crashing

2. Please help! My Xbox One X keeps hard crashing during cutscenes and gameplay while giving...

in XboX Insiders
    Please help! My Xbox One X keeps hard crashing during cutscenes and gameplay while giving...: Xbox One X Hard Crash My Xbox One X Keeps Hard Crashing First time I noticed this was about a month or so ago, I was turning off my Xbox (by pressing the button) and it was taking much longer...
  3. External hard drive keeps disconnecting from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive keeps disconnecting from console: A few months ago, my external hard drive started randomly disconnecting from my console, probably once per hour. This effectively makes my game crash if it is saved to the external drive. I have...
  4. Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...?: I bought a used Xbox One X from a good friend. It had hardly been used and was stored in its original box most of its life. I set it up and got it going with no issues. About a week later it...
  5. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm copying the post that DavidIQ wrote about this issue since it was "locked" without any kind of resolution. I want to keep this topic going in case someone comes up with a solution or finds...
  6. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  7. Xbox keeps Hard Resetting itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps Hard Resetting itself: This has been going on a few weeks now and began recently after I had downloaded Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. I will be playing a game and then it'll freeze, I'll hear a "Grrr/rrrr" noise...
  8. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: The external HDD (Seagate STDT3000300 BACKUP PLUS Desktop 3TB, USB3.0, 3.5 inch external drive, powered by external power) of my Xbox One keeps spinning up for a few seconds then spinning down...
  9. Xbox one keeps signing me out but is not loosing Internet connection have done the hard restart

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one keeps signing me out but is not loosing Internet connection have done the hard restart: I have done everything that I can possibly think off to try and fix this there is not a single issue that comes back. It only ever happens when I'm watching YouTube, then bam I'm signed out I've...
  10. Xbox keeps crashing to the dashboard even after hard reset and factory default.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps crashing to the dashboard even after hard reset and factory default.: Originally happened when I was playing fallout 4. Since then all games disc and download will work for a minute or two, basically get to the main menu screen or beginning cinema than kick me back...