My Xbox One X shuts off whenever I play a game for a few minutes.

Discus and support My Xbox One X shuts off whenever I play a game for a few minutes. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever i play a game on my Xbox One X shuts off minutes after starting. Ive done a full shutdown, restarted with/without keeping my games and apps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StickyTack, Sep 15, 2019.

1. StickyTack
    StickyTack Guest

Whenever i play a game on my Xbox One X shuts off minutes after starting. Ive done a full shutdown, restarted with/without keeping my games and apps plus i made sure the power was plugged into the outlet. I double checked my network/multiplayer connection
    plus my nat type. So I am at a loss and no longer know what to do.

:)

StickyTack, Sep 15, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello StickyTack!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I'm sorry to hear about your Xbox shutting down after a few minutes of having it on.

I would suggest checking out the troubleshooting on this link here :
    Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off

Try that out and let us know if it helps! Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. NainaBug Win User

Xbox One Random shutdown issues

I'm experiencing the same issues. My system was working fine for the first few weeks but when I start playing it today, it keeps shutting off. Every time I'm 5 minutes into the game the system will shut off. And there would be a few times when after it shuts
    off, I will turn it back on and it will shut off a second later. It will do this like 5 times until it turns completely on. I hardly was playing my Xbox one. I probably played it 10 times since I bought it.
  4. TonyDanley Win User

Why does my XBox One X shut off when I start a game?

No it wasn't overheating, the game would just play for a few minutes and then the XBox would just shut off. I was able to use all the other apps but could not play a game without it shutting off. The console reset seemed to have worked for me.
  5. zachur Win User

Xbox One Instant On Crashing at Startup

Whenever I try to play any other games but GTA my Xbox always shuts off like 1 to 2 hours into playtime, whenever it shuts off it always says there was a ventilation issue even though I cleaned out my console and there's nothing around my Xbox blocking
    any of the vents.
  6. SocomSnipa Win User

No one is having the same issue as me :\

Whenever I try to play my Ryse game i get to a loading screen and my xbox freezes and shuts off/restarts
Thema:

1. My Xbox One X shuts off whenever I play a game for a few minutes. - Similar Threads - shuts off whenever

2. Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?: I went to turn my xbox on and it does the chime of it turning on and the white xbox light comes. Seconds after though it just shuts itself off and doesn’t come on at all. My power brick turns...
  3. Xbox One automatically shuts off after 30 seconds to a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One automatically shuts off after 30 seconds to a minute: I have tried disconnecting the Xbox One from the power cord, unplugging the power cord from the wall outlet, and tried to plug Xbox One into another outlet and it still has the same issue. While...
  4. Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Randomly Shutting Off: My new Xbox series X keep shutting off randomly. The controller will remain powered on but the Xbox is off. It won’t turn back on unless you go push the physical button on the console. Mostly it...
  5. NBA 2K 21 Next Gen Shuts Off During User Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2K 21 Next Gen Shuts Off During User Games: Trying to play NBA 2K21 online in MyNBA games vs. other users and midway through every single game, my entire Xbox Series X shuts off and needs to be hard restarted to function again. It doesn't...
  6. Xbox shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting off: How am i able to speak to someone from xbox cd491ddb-113b-4563-9b6d-20ac0b42acb9
  7. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Was just looking for any last insight from people before I actually send this back for service. As the title states, whenever I go to load up an Xbox Series X enhanced game, my Xbox will just...
  8. My Xbox series x shuts off whenever I turn it on any fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x shuts off whenever I turn it on any fix: My Xbox series x turns on for 3 second and turns off I haven't been able to use it d10025a5-2909-4f60-8898-ed0f693319a4
  9. Shut off whenever it wants

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shut off whenever it wants: I sent an Xbox One for repair a few weeks ago because it would freeze and not let me play games, watch movies, etc. I either got my "fixed" Xbox back or some Xbox that was thought to be fixed. All...
  10. Xbox One shuts off whenever I put in or take out a disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One shuts off whenever I put in or take out a disc: Every time I put a disc in, no matter what it is, a game or movie, the system turns off. I have looked everywhere and the only solution I found was to turn it off and unplug it for a while, which...