My xbox one x turns itself on

Discus and support My xbox one x turns itself on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can anyone answer this question? Already my old 3 year old xbox one 500 GB turned on myself, but I decided it was just a console's fault because it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MultiGamer2007, Jan 6, 2019.

1. My xbox one x turns itself on

Can anyone answer this question? Already my old 3 year old xbox one 500 GB turned on myself, but I decided it was just a console's fault because it was years old. But it also started happening with a 4 day xbox one x.

:)

MultiGamer2007, Jan 6, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing the hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.

I have seen that resolve the issue many times even on my console.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
  3. MultiGamer2007 Win User

I apologize if my post is a bit unintelligible, but I am using google translate.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Gamer,

We understand that you were experiencing an issue concerning now two consoles turning on or rather powering on without you initiating the startup.

Would you happen to still be experiencing this issue?

We'd like to further assist if the steps so far have not assisted, just feel free to reply here when you can.

Best wishes!
  5. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Are you plugged into a surge strip or directly into the outlet? It's recommended to got straight to the outlet as the Xbox One X and S have built in surge suppression. I'd try that as a test and post back with results.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

My Xbox one turns on by itself

Hey there,

That's an interesting one, is this an original Xbox One model, or an Xbox One S model? If it's an original model, try unplugging the console from the power source and cleaning the power button with a soft try cloth to remove any fingerprints or debris.

If that doesn't help, make sure your console is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector/power strip. The Xbox One console has a built in surge protector, so if it's connected to another one, it's very possible that there could be a
    power issue going on. Aside from that, it's also possible the console is downloading updates in the background. Do you have the console set to Instant On mode or Energy Saving mode?

Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
Thema:

1. My xbox one x turns itself on - Similar Threads - turns itself

2. Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on.: Thought that my Xbox one console unexpectedly turns itself on issue was solved. WRONG! Seems to be turning itself on at times that I would sometimes be playing. Just have to deal with it. Thanks...
  3. X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one not powering up - turns itself off straight away: Hi, We are having problems with my son's X box one S - as soon as we try and turn it on - it shuts itself down within a second or two. We have tried turning it off and back on again (including...
  4. Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...: My xbox power button not responding to touch and keeps making ejecting disc noise like crazy turns off as soon as it get to the menu or turn on right away with ejecting disc noises...
  5. Xbox one turning itself on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turning itself on: So the last couple days my xboX one has been turning itself on and then my soundbar switches to bluetooth and starts playing the sound from a soccer game. Have i i beenhacked or is it some kind of...
  6. Mi Xbox One se apaga [Translation-My Xbox one turns itself off]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mi Xbox One se apaga [Translation-My Xbox one turns itself off]: Hola, he estado jugando al rainbow six en mi Xbox y se me apaga solamente al jugar a ese juego. Me recomendaron desinstalar y volver a instalar el juego pero no me funcionó, me gustaría que...
  7. Xbox Turning on by Itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Turning on by Itself: Hello Everyone, Just want to know why my xbox one turns on randomly and unexpectedly while it is off. I do not have kinnect for it and want to see if it's a defective xbox or if there is a fix...
  8. Xbox One is turning itself off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One is turning itself off?: Hi All Ive had a Xbox for 4 days and today it has started to turn itself off. Ive unplugged it and left it for 30mins but when I plugged it back in it and pushed the power button it turned itself...
  9. Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads: Hi, got a brand new Xbox one X around 3 weeks ago from day 1 its been turning itself off when im playing games, on the store or even downloading/updating games. Its like a crash sound then turns...
  10. Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 open/closen tray and turn on/off by itself: My xbox 360 slim opens and closen tray and turn off and on by itself. And is beeping like i press all buttons really fast many times. It don't matter if it on or off. It is pretty old so i don't...