My Xbox one X will no longer allow me to record in 4k or 4k HDR

Discus and support My Xbox one X will no longer allow me to record in 4k or 4k HDR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys! My Xbox one X which has the same tv connected as always (it's a pretty decent LG OLED with HDR) and I have tried both with and without the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim w 619, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Tim w 619
    Tim w 619 Guest

Hi guys!

My Xbox one X which has the same tv connected as always (it's a pretty decent LG OLED with HDR) and I have tried both with and without the same external hard drive that has been used to store captures in the past but when I go to capture settings it will
    only let me record in resolutions of 1080p SDR and 720p SDR.

In the past it had the option of 4k SDR and 4k HDR (I think that was all the options anyway) but they are no longer there at all. I'm a bit confused why this is, I've tried multiple power cycles along with using internal storage and the external hard drive
    (in all available usb ports) but theres only ever the 1080p and 720p options.

The tv is running 4k HDR resolution and as far as I can tell, nothing else has changed. I've tried changing the settings while on the dashboard and while in various games and still nothing

Has anyone got any suggestions for me?

:)

Tim w 619, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Lakn Win User

Xbox One X HDR in 1080p

You'll be able to set the output of the Xbox One X to 1080p, and if a game supports HDR then the console will use it, I mean the Xbox One S supports HDR, so no reason why the Xbox One X would only allow it at 4K.
    Thanks, I hope that is the case. The S will not allow HDR unless output is set to 4K. Not to tout the PS4 Pro but it told me my projector would not support HDR in 4K but offered up "2k HDR" as an option. I would hope the X was as elegant.
  3. MindOfTim Win User

I dont think it is, like I said my daughters xbox worked perfectly with everything else the same on my tv. The only issue is with the game DVR on my xbox
  4. MindOfTim Win User

I haven't tried this yet as it hadn't ovcured to me the Xbox settings may have automatically changed themselves, as soon as I get home I will try these steps and let you know if it worked 🙂

I had wondered if it was to do with the recent update, or the fact my Xbox is on the insider programme that's causing the issue. Thank you for the advice and I will let you know if it works later today
  5. schnurren Win User

6. DylanJacob1 Win User

Hi Tim,

Does your Xbox one 4K recording at
    hevc codec
    ? I know some xbox one models support hevc codec when recording video at 4k resolution. If you adjust settings from 4k hevc to 4k h264, your resulting file would be much larger. I'm not sure if this would affect the 4k recording disappearing.
    To make recording files smaller, it lets you record video at 1080p?

I've consulted the support.xbox, but they all discuss about the 4k video playback error on tv, not 4k recording.

Sorry if my words don't help you.
Thema:

1. My Xbox one X will no longer allow me to record in 4k or 4k HDR - Similar Threads - longer allow record

2. I give up. I am no longer allowed to complete any weekly quests from Xbox Game Pass.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I give up. I am no longer allowed to complete any weekly quests from Xbox Game Pass.: So after a long time, I realized that I am no longer eligible to complete any weekly quest or any montly quest. Seriously, why is this happening? There is no way to contact support and so I can...
  3. Some of the Games recieved from "Games for Gold" no longer allow me to play them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some of the Games recieved from "Games for Gold" no longer allow me to play them.: I no longer have Gold but for some reaon a few of the games I got from gold don't allow me to play them. (Unrelated but I think it might might help) Some of the games are not viewable in my...
  4. Mgsv from Gold no longer allowing me access

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mgsv from Gold no longer allowing me access: Hey after wanting to replay mgsv the phantom pain it pops up with a message to renew my games with gold however im still subcribed with ultimate instead plus I can still access other gold games....
  5. Microsoft Rewards Program no longer allowing earned points.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Rewards Program no longer allowing earned points.: So, it's what it seems. Nobody can earn anymore points from the Microsoft Rewards Program. I think the program is finished. There are no contact support because they might out of business. IDK...
  6. Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted?

in XboX Insiders
    Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted?: Why not allow xbox users to gift their old games they no longer play or want? If we had a hard copy of a game and was done with it we would just put it up for sale on eBay, take it to gamestop, or...
  7. Xbox app on PC no longer allows party invites or creation?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC no longer allows party invites or creation?: After this last weeks xbox app update where they removed the xbox console companion app I am no longer able to start xbox live parties or invite my friends to one. It only works through the xbox...
  8. My Xbox is no longer allowing me to record in 4K

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is no longer allowing me to record in 4K: I need some help! I have been recording 4K content on my XBOX ONE X for over a year, about 2 months ago it stopped working. I was able to record 1 hour of 4K gameplay before with no problems. Now...
  9. Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Update 1 May 2020 no longer allows me to play Daily Challenges

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Update 1 May 2020 no longer allows me to play Daily Challenges: Have been playing the Microsoft Software Collection for about 6 months on my laptop with Windows 10. No problems at all. The update on the night of 30 April 2020 - 1 May 2020 has left me with a...
  10. Am no longer allowed to personalize my gamer pic

in XBoX on Mobile
    Am no longer allowed to personalize my gamer pic: I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of issues regarding not being able to upload a personal picture for their gamerpic on the xbox one app. Personally it says that “because of your...