My Xbox One X won't power up...

Discus and support My Xbox One X won't power up... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey... just wondering if factory restart my xbox one x will it be worth it..? d3b9b9ca-c29d-4947-8d91-e8087925f0e5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ron Stoned, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Ron Stoned
    Ron Stoned Guest

Hey... just wondering if factory restart my xbox one x will it be worth it..?

:)

Ron Stoned, Sep 18, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Ron

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about factory resetting your console.

By standard protocol, if you were to
    get your console repaired
    by our Service Center, your console would be restored to factory defaults anyway. As a final measure, it is always recommended to use this last.

There is an article that covers
    Xbox One consoles not turning on
    that I would recommend, as it does have some troubleshooting techniques you could attempt to use.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  3. LadyDeathtrip Win User

Xbox one X won't power up

Hi ii Rapidzzz XD,

First place to check is the Xbox support page for this type of issue which may prove most useful for you. Here is the link.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/console-wont-power-on

Here are also a few possible reason why you may be unable to power up a system that may help.

Cause 1: Device not plugged in

Check to make sure that the power supply is plugged into a power outlet and that the other end is properly plugged into the Xbox One.

Cause 2: No display detected

If the ‘Xbox’ light on the front of the console is lit, it won't start up unless it detects a working display. Check your HDMI cable connection. Try switching cables or ports on your TV.

Cause 3: Bad power outlet

If your device is still not turning on, try plugging directly into a different power outlet, not through a surge protector.

Cause 4: Internal power supply breaker tripped

Because the console has a built-in surge protector, you should not connect it to an external surge protector. If you connect the console to another surge protector, the console cannot reach the full power that is needed for optimal performance.

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cord from the console.

Wait 10 seconds.

Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button on the front of the console.

If the console turns on, the internal power reset worked. Do this step in the future if the problem happens again.

Cause 5: Bad power supply

If the power outlet is providing power, but the console still does not turn on then the power supply may be the issue. Check the light on the power supply; if the light is solid white or orange then the power supply is working properly. If there is no light,
    unplug the supply and let it cool for 20 minutes, then try plugging it back in. If it still does not light up then you need to replace the power supply.

Cause 6: Bad motherboard

If the power supply light is on but your device still does not turn on, then the motherboard may be the problem. If it is, you may need to replace the motherboard which requires you contact MS technical support to open a service ticket.

I hope something here helps get you back in the game. Best of luck.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Moving countries with an X-BOX

According this support article xbox X power works worldwide

Quote" The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide. If your console won't turn on, it may simply need a power reset. Often, power issues are due to the power supply resetting after a power surge.
    " unquote
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox power problem

6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox One X won't turn on

Hello HSG Robo,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One X not powering on. Please check out this page for information on troubleshooting this issue:

My Xbox One won't power on

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. My Xbox One X won't power up... - Similar Threads - won't power

2. Xbox wont turn on makes faint nose but won't completely power on.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on makes faint nose but won't completely power on.: Have an xbox one. It won't turn on anymore. Power brick is showing an orange light. Tried to reset the power brick but that didn't work. When I tap my xbox button it makes a subtle faint noise...
  3. New Xbox one controller won't power on without a wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one controller won't power on without a wired connection.: I bought 2 Design Labs, Xbox One Wireless Controllers for me and my Fiance. My pad works great but hers doesnt power on without a wired connection. I want to get a replacement for the controller...
  4. Xbox won't turn on.....not power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't turn on.....not power supply: What else is reason xbox stopped working. New power supply still won't turn on. f203da3a-14ba-418f-9c97-f38659519896
  5. Xbox one X won't power up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X won't power up: My xbox one x the other day decided to turn off randomly. Went to press it back on and wont come back on. Press the on button, it beeps and light comes on then instantly shuts off within 1 second....
  6. My Xbox One X won't power up...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X won't power up...: It turns on for like 10 to 20 seconds... try to connect the controller and it just flashes until the xbox turns off... I've tryed to hard restart it... looked for hours for answers... any clue...
  7. Xbox One S Won't Power On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Won't Power On: I was gaming yesterday, and my Xbox One S just shut off I bought it new and have had it for less than a year. I didn't lose power, the Xbox wasn't hot or overheating. I tried to power it back on,...
  8. Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.: I have an original Xbox One which will not turn on. I unplugged everything and plugged all back in. At first the power supply has an orange light but when you connect it to the xbox, the orange...
  9. Xbox One won't connect to WiFi after power outage. I have tried everything, I don't know...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One won't connect to WiFi after power outage. I have tried everything, I don't know...: Xbox One won't connect to WiFi after power outage. I have tried everything, I don't know what to do next. you could connect it directly by ethernet cable in case the wifi antenna of the xbox has...
  10. Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't respond to power on commands, but the fan rages on: I was just playing the red dead redemption 2 campaign when out of nowhere my xbox one original cut out. There was a very quiet pop sound as if a fuse or something had gone. But after it turning...