My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced

Discus and support My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After 4 years my XBox One power supply died. While I'm ordering a new one, is it possible to pause my XBox Live Gold subscription?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WarlikeGolf, Sep 3, 2019.

1. WarlikeGolf
    WarlikeGolf Guest

My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced

After 4 years my XBox One power supply died. While I'm ordering a new one, is it possible to pause my XBox Live Gold subscription?

:)

WarlikeGolf, Sep 3, 2019
  2. denis97g Win User

Unfortunately no, it's not possible to pause a subscription.
  3. choppyseize Win User

I would turn off auto renewal as well. Just so you don't keep getting billed while you wait for a new Xbox.
  4. Windows10XboxOne Win User

YOAH

I'm sure you can call xbox support and get a replacement power supply.
  5. AlexDFC Win User

Power Brick Fan Sounds Like It's Going To Explode

I also have a loud power supply, although I wouldn't say mine sounds "like it's about to explode". Instead I'd say mine sounds like a laptop fan going at max, which is much louder than the console itself while playing Forza 5. According to the "About the
    Xbox One Power Supply" page (support.xbox.com/.../about-power-supply) the fan speed changes as the power supply gets hot. Mine does not, the noise stays constant
    even after the console has been off (instant-on off) for upwards of five minutes. This suggests that either my power supply gets hotter when the Xbox is in standby than it is supposed to, or my power supply is not correctly adjusting to temperature. I'm leaning
    towards the latter, since the power supply feels only slightly warm.

The "About" page from above does suggest plugging the Xbox into an outlet directly instead of plugging it in to a power strip. I've done this (in fact I'm typing this in my bathroom right now because that's the least taxes circuit in my house) and it's working
    just as hard as it was in the living room, even after 5 minutes of standby.

Anyone have any suggestions, or know how I can go about getting a replacement?
  6. Samma93 Win User

My XBOX keeps rebooting when im playing cod3

Hmm... This could be a power supply problem, are all the cords in firmly? My first Xbox had a similiar problem in which the power brick was faulty and had to be replaced although it showed some red ringson the xbox.

What is the colour of the light on the power brick, if it is flashing or red it will need to be replaced.

Read this article and see if you can do anything yourself.

support.xbox.com/.../check-power-supply

A replacement power supply link can be found at the bottom of that article.

If this doesnt help get back to me.
Thema:

1. My XBox Power Supply died, can I pause XBox Live Gold while I'm getting it replaced - Similar Threads - Power Supply died

2. Xbox 360 E power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E power supply: Hello, I need a new power supply for my Xbox 360 E. Does anyone know where I could get one in Canada? Or would another Xbox 360 power supply work? Thanks. 974f1aaf-9739-493a-9e00-654ff9028ac1
  3. usb port/ power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb port/ power supply?: so i left my house one day for a few hours and when i came back my xbox wouldnt turn on. i tried changing outlets, power cords, and the tv it was on and it still wouldnt turn on. i came to the...
  4. Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power supply lights Cause for xbox not turning on: MY xbox power supply shows a green light when it is plugged in the wall only (not in the console yet) when plugged in the console too it shows a green light again but here the Xbox doesn't turn...
  5. Xbox 360 E power supply fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E power supply fault: My xbox 360 E power supply was showing red..but it had been showing green for past 2 years..I bought a new power brick..but it was showing red light too....what's the problem..i tried all...
  6. Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Turn On, Power Supply Orange then Goes Off.: I have an original Xbox One which will not turn on. I unplugged everything and plugged all back in. At first the power supply has an orange light but when you connect it to the xbox, the orange...
  7. Xbox one power supply shuts down when playing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power supply shuts down when playing games: My Xbox one power supply turns off randomly when I am playing games, I have to unplug it by the brick for a few seconds for it to come back on, the time it takes to shut off differs from game to...
  8. Power supply dies when I turn on console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply dies when I turn on console: The other day my xbox turned on just fine. Went to start it up today and it made a noise like it was going to start and nothing happened. Looked at the power supply and the light was off. Did the...
  9. Power supply "dies" when console turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply "dies" when console turns off: Lately I've been having an issue with the power supply on my Xbox One. I have the console's power/startup mode set to Instant-on. I've never had a problem with the power supply, but as of the last...
  10. Power Supply Fan Dying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Fan Dying: My Xbox one power supply is making at times this very loud noise, something like the fan is grinding or is stuck or something. Do I need to buy a new power supply? Can I get this one repaired? Or...