my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only

Discus and support my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i formatted it to NTFS i allocated it and formatted it in every way possible nothing but media i cant see the option to format it to apps/games i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by medoomedo, Apr 8, 2019.

1. medoomedo
    medoomedo Guest

i formatted it to NTFS

i allocated it and formatted it in every way possible

nothing but media i cant see the option to format it to apps/games

i need any help possible

:)

medoomedo, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

It Needs to be formated as FAT32
  3. Tornado F7 Win User

It's a while since I setup my external drive, but iirc it has to be USB 3, formatted as FAT32. When you plug it in the XBOX One should prompt you asking if you want to format it for use with XBOX. Accept and the rest of setup should complete automatically.

Caution: Be sure you don't have any content on the drive that you want to keep, because once it starts formatting that data is GONE.
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

Format FAT32, and the console should prompt for proper format for game use
  5. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Hello, do a Power Cycle (turn off the xbox on the console button for 10 seconds and then turn it on by controller) and then go to systems -> settings -> systems -> storage to see if it recognizing it.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

When you connect the drive the Xbox will ask to format if you want to use it on the Xbox you need to allow it to format the drive.
Thema:

1. my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only - Similar Threads - recognize external hard

2. External Hard Drive Not Recognized

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive Not Recognized: So has anyone experienced any issues where their external hard drive just stop being recognized? This is not a new hard drive, I have had it for years and has worked fine until after my console...
  3. Xbox One no longer recognizing external Seagate hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer recognizing external Seagate hard drive: So my xbox one updated yesterday and since then my external seagate hard drive is no longer connecting to my xbox. No error message or anything, just shows what is downloaded on the internal hard...
  4. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 955ce346-4413-4b2e-8101-dfea4e4c20b4
  5. Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive: Hello, I have gone through every trouble shooting step that is online for external storage connections for Xbox One. I have the following hard drive "G-Technology 2TB G-DRIVE mobile USB-C...
  6. XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: I am trying to use a Samsung SHP-ZA10K 1TB external hard drive for games and apps on a XBOX One console. It is definitely USB 3.0. The XBOX will not recognize the drive unless I use a powered...
  7. Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive: Had a system update last night. Since than it won't recognize my 2 tb xbox seagate external. Still recognizes my ssd. But not my main. Have followed all trouble shooting and tried different ports....
  8. Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive: I have an Xbox One S with docking station. I have three hard drives hooked up to it. The Xbox One does not seem to recognize one of the hard drives now. Previously, it recognized all three. I...
  9. My Xbox One won't recognize my external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won't recognize my external hard drive?: Hello all. I have run out of room on my Xbox One internal hard drive, so I am re-purposing an old external hard drive to increase my storage. Unfortunately, when I plug the hard drive into the...
  10. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....