my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only

Discus and support my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i formatted it to NTFS i allocated it and formatted it in every way possible nothing but media i cant see the option to format it to apps/games i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by medoomedo, Apr 8, 2019.

1. medoomedo
    medoomedo Guest

i formatted it to NTFS

i allocated it and formatted it in every way possible

nothing but media i cant see the option to format it to apps/games

i need any help possible

:)

medoomedo, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

It Needs to be formated as FAT32
  3. Tornado F7 Win User

It's a while since I setup my external drive, but iirc it has to be USB 3, formatted as FAT32. When you plug it in the XBOX One should prompt you asking if you want to format it for use with XBOX. Accept and the rest of setup should complete automatically.

Caution: Be sure you don't have any content on the drive that you want to keep, because once it starts formatting that data is GONE.
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

Format FAT32, and the console should prompt for proper format for game use
  5. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Hello, do a Power Cycle (turn off the xbox on the console button for 10 seconds and then turn it on by controller) and then go to systems -> settings -> systems -> storage to see if it recognizing it.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

When you connect the drive the Xbox will ask to format if you want to use it on the Xbox you need to allow it to format the drive.
Thema:

1. my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only - Similar Threads - recognize external hard

2. External hard drive is recognized but won't play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is recognized but won't play games: Hi so I have two external hard drives and my first one works great but my second one which is a western digital easy store 4 tb Is recognized but won't play games. It says the game needs to finish...
  3. Xbox one wont recognize external hard drive anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wont recognize external hard drive anymore.: A while back, (6 months maybe), my xbox started displaying an error message "external storage detected but usb signal is too weak, please make sure its the correct type of usb cable"... I had been...
  4. 4tb external Hard drive not recognized by XBOX ONE X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4tb external Hard drive not recognized by XBOX ONE X.: Ive had my 4tb for about 6mo now and its been great. It works fine and never had anybissues until a few days ago. I started my xbox as per usual, and went to start a game. However, it brought me...
  5. My xbox isn't recognizing my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox isn't recognizing my external hard drive: I have a seagate 4tb external hard drive it was working fine last night I left my xbox one all night to download a game and when I woke up it said my hard drive was not being recognized iv tried...
  6. My new external hard drive isn’t being recognized by my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new external hard drive isn’t being recognized by my Xbox one: Xbox one wont recognize my new external hard drive.. 4 TB. 9e393681-2b2e-4156-9dd9-55bdda38c1b4
  7. External hard drive not recognized by console

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not recognized by console: I have a Seagate 2T external hard drive that for some reason won't show up in my storage settings on my console. It worked perfect for about a month then one day I had to restart my console and...
  8. external hard drive not recognize

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive not recognize: I have use the hd with the xbox one no problems. It was working with xbox x for awhile, but recently stopped. I have checked all connections, basically went through the troubleshooting steps....
  9. Xbox One will not recognize second external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will not recognize second external hard drive: Hello All: I have an xbox one. I have been using two external hard drives with it. Recently the xbox stopped recognizing that the second hard drive was connected. I figured the hard drive quit...
  10. Xbox one is not recognizing my external hard drive anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one is not recognizing my external hard drive anymore.: It's not my device since it connects fine to my computer and it's not corrupt because because theres no error. I plug it into my xbox and the external hard drive does light up but the Xbox doesn't...