My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration? How do I do that

Discus and support My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration? How do I do that in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration? How do I do that My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by T Da GameSlayer, Dec 29, 2016.

1. My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration? How do I do that

My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration. How do I do that?

:)

T Da GameSlayer, Dec 29, 2016
  2. How do I change my routers security protocol?

How do I change my routers security protocol?
    I just moved into my college dorms and it says my consol supports WPA/WPA2 and WPE security protocols and my router is using something else and I need to change it can I do it from my Xbox or am I screwed?

SLEDDER4LIFE18, Dec 29, 2016
  3. SethGreen1
    SethGreen1 Guest
    How do I change my routers configuration to public

I am trying to connect my xbox to the college campuses public wifi system. It is not enabling me to do so as it says " visit xbox.com/networkhardware to change your routers security protocol system. So here I am with no answers to my question

SethGreen1, Dec 29, 2016
  4. EZIO Nb6 Win User

How do I change the parental email address associated with a child account?

how do i change my email for my sons xbox live because i cancled mine but it says i need to type a password
  5. KindGryphon Win User

If the router is the college campas's then you cant personally. The college isnt going to do that either as it would leave their network wide open and vulnerable.

That being said most college campuses block gaming devices unless they are whitelisted. Generally the only way to fix this is to speak with the colleges IT Admin and ask them to add your console to the whitelist so i can get past their firewall.

Again you wouldnt be able to do any of this yourself and would have to contact your colleges IT admin.
  6. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

You will have to speak to your Network Admin.
  7. FurryTr1angle Win User

how do I change ipv4 to ipv6

first you need to make sure your ISP is supporting ipv6 and has it set up. If they do, you have to call them and tell them you want IPv6 turned on for you. Once they do that, you can go into your router, and with most routers you have to run native or a
    combo of IPv4 and IPv6, because most software and stuff isnt running totally on ipv6 and wont be for awhile. Once you turn that on your router, your xbox will automatically recognize the IPv6 and it should say "IPv4 and IPv6" .

Depending on your router or your isp, i wouldnt recommend going with IPv6, i have noticed a decrease in my bandwidth on xbox. They might say you will see good changes, but i dont think so yet. Plus on your PC or what not, if you watch streams online, alot
    of places recommend not using ipv6, it could mess with there device players. All little stuff, but it does add up. IPv6 will be great once its fully implented and everyone is on it.
  8. EDDS86 Win User

How do I open my NAT?

I sometimes find that my router will randomly change back to moderate, I will just restart the router by unplugging it and plugging it back in and after it goes back to open. If that doesn't work you'll have to manually open the ports.
Thema:

1. My Xbox says I need to change my router's configuration? How do I do that - Similar Threads - says need change

2. Console streaming keeps telling me I need to be an insider....Xbox says I am o e

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming keeps telling me I need to be an insider....Xbox says I am o e: Need help getting console streaming to work. I'm an insider, don't need updates, and I have checked all of the threads on this subreddit. Game streaming app tells me I'm not an insider and I can't...
  3. I have call of duty and it’s not letting me play the campaign mode it’s saying I need the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have call of duty and it’s not letting me play the campaign mode it’s saying I need the...: Having problems with call of duty e2a9a156-bd0b-4faf-8bf5-842ab066b5fd
  4. I need help The download won't download. It always says something is wrong.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help The download won't download. It always says something is wrong.: How do I uninroll From the program I can't log into my account every time I do it says I need to update. But the update won't download submitted by /u/xXDIPPINXx [link] [comments]
  5. Kingdom Hearts 3 says i need to update a pass, but i own it on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kingdom Hearts 3 says i need to update a pass, but i own it on disc: so one day a few months ago, i had a issue with the game running without the disc, and reported it, they said they would fix it (I am talking about Microsoft Support) and a month later, this...
  6. Xbox Says I need to install Memory when I have enough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says I need to install Memory when I have enough: Apologies if this is a silly/easy question. I am trying to play Lego Dimensions on my Xbox with my son. I have 2.7 GB free memory on the Xbox and 56.5 GB free on a memory stick. After the disc...
  7. xbox Rewards program is not working say,"you need to update but nothing has changed

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox Rewards program is not working say,"you need to update but nothing has changed: Please give us our reward points and someone to call about the problem. We have never had an issue until the first of the year. Thanks!!! f56555f4-7231-4387-a3f1-54230bb7c031
  8. I need to change my gamer pick but i cant it say i need to change that at pc or xbox but i ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change my gamer pick but i cant it say i need to change that at pc or xbox but i ...: i need change my gemer pick but i can it say i need to change it at pc or on an xbox but i dont like it and i dont have pc and i dont have images of my xbox please help microsoft...
  9. Need help Home Xbox Says couldn't save your changes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help Home Xbox Says couldn't save your changes.: On my brothers account PaulDaPig I tried game sharing with the home Xbox setting and he had 5 switches and whenever I try on any console it will say "couldn't save your changes" tried a bunch of...
  10. Trying to redeem my gears codes 1,2& 3 Always getting an error saying that i need to change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to redeem my gears codes 1,2& 3 Always getting an error saying that i need to change ...: i dont know what i need to do 2d94a546-d38c-4148-b530-04180a6b5de0