My Xbox Series S does not download profile for Xbox360 games.

Discus and support My Xbox Series S does not download profile for Xbox360 games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning, I need help because I recently bought an Xbox series S and had a problem with backward compatible xbox 360 games. With the console... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RoberR7, Mar 15, 2021.

1. RoberR7
    RoberR7 Guest

Code:
    Good morning, I need help because I recently bought an Xbox series S and had a problem with backward compatible xbox 360 games.

With the console connected to the internet, open router ports and the session started, I enter an Xbox 360 game and stay for 5 min on the screen 

"accessing the Xbox360 information".

When you start the game, the message that the session could not be started pops up. I give it manually to 

download Xbox profile and it does not download it, warning me that it 

cannot connect due to network problems, but the network is fine and connected.

Can someone help me?

I take the opportunity to say that this same failure that I have, in my other system, which is a One S, does not occur. In the One S the game starts in just seconds and the profile is 

downloaded correctly.

Thanks a lot.

:)

RoberR7, Mar 15, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello RoberR7, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear

Then, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Awarrior2 Win User

"your profile was not completely downloaded please download it again from xbox live" Castle Crashers

fyi- after many attempts at this- we found out that the profile you are trying to download inside a xbox360 game (that is being played on the xbox one) needs to be signed in on the xbox one BEFORE it will correctly download the profile inside the 360 game.
    What if I did exactly that and had both accounts on Xbox one and Xbox360 same time and it still says profile not downloaded, download for live, etc
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Series X and S?

5. dakanaton Win User

Cant link my sons existing xbox360 profile to xbox live

Try downloading the profile. There is a download profile button on the page where you log in to the xbox360. My son had the same problem and downloading the profile fixed it.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Adding more xbox360 users to Series X

Xbox 360 games do not appear to see these users and I'm unable to select them when adding players to 360-games.
    User accounts work differently on the 360 (and the 360 emulator on the Xbox One and Series X/S) to the way they do on Xbox One and Series X/S. The 360 had user profiles that needed to be downloaded first.

It's been a while so you'll need to bear with me. If remember you will need to sign in first with this other user you've created, then launch the 360 game. This will download the additional new profile to the console. I think, after this you should be able
    to add this player to your game.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series S does not download profile for Xbox360 games. - Similar Threads - Series does download

2. Xbox Series X|S Quick Resume - Does it work on Apps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S Quick Resume - Does it work on Apps?: If I leave a game and then launch several apps - Rewards, Edge, Bing, YouTube, Insider - do those apps get added to Quick Resume? I'm concerned my quick resume game is going to be bumped out for...
  3. New Xbox Series S console does not update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series S console does not update.: Hi, everyone! I bought on March 29th through Amazon an S series console. I received it at my home on March 30th. Turn on the device and ask for an update. However, I tried using the wi-fi,...
  4. My LAN / Ethernet Port on my Xbox Series X does not seem to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My LAN / Ethernet Port on my Xbox Series X does not seem to work: Since opening the box about a month ago I haven't been able to get the ethernet port on my Xbox Series X to work. I've tried multiple cables from CAT5 to CAT8 and have tried hard rebooting my xbox...
  5. Xbox series X does not do HDR in games, but HDR works for 4k bluray and apps fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X does not do HDR in games, but HDR works for 4k bluray and apps fine: I have an Xbox series x connected to a LG 65CX When I play a 4k blu ray or app that supports HDR it works perfectly Then I try a game like Forza Horizon 4 or Gears 5 among all others I've tried...
  6. Does Microsoft Want Series X/S Returns?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does Microsoft Want Series X/S Returns?: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5 I just paid $500 for my series X, and come to find out that Microsoft is...
  7. Does Xbox Series X have a built in surge protector?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox Series X have a built in surge protector?: It was said by Microsoft/Xbox on the later model Xbox one X it had a built in surge protector and you should plug it directly into a wall so as not to daisy chain surge protectors. So does that...
  8. Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things?: I don't get to play very often, but when i do i want something to actually work. I leave my system to do all of it updates, and yet when I'm trying to play a game like call of duty it randomly...
  9. Why does my Xbox series x crash when ever I try and play my games? It started today

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox series x crash when ever I try and play my games? It started today: My xbox series x is crashing whenever i launch a game or play for over 10 minutes but it is getting worse and generally cant even load a game this is auporling and i want this sorted now...
  10. Does the new Xbox Series X need VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Does the new Xbox Series X need VRR: So I’m looking at a new tv and it has to be 50in or 43 to fit in the space I have. Problem is most TVs this size don’t have 2.1 or VRR. Does having a tv with free sync matter. Would I even be able...