My xbox series s starts to turn the power icon on and off without giving an image or any reason

Discus and support My xbox series s starts to turn the power icon on and off without giving an image or any reason in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This problem happened to me last night when I was going to sleep, I had turned off my xbox about 3 hours ago and was about to go to sleep when the X on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jorge Rodriguez5, Aug 6, 2022.

1. My xbox series s starts to turn the power icon on and off without giving an image or any reason

This problem happened to me last night when I was going to sleep, I had turned off my xbox about 3 hours ago and was about to go to sleep when the X on the power button on the console started to turn on and off repeatedly without stopping, until after 29 seconds what happened that stopped, I had it in energy saving mode and it seemed strange to me that something like this would happen, is it normal?

I am from the Spanish-speaking community so I did this message with the translator in case you see any spelling errors

:)

Jorge Rodriguez5, Aug 6, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

My xbox series s starts to turn the power icon on and off without giving an image or any reason

Hi, Jorge! thank you for writing in.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

The blinking power button means that your console is downloading/checking for available updates, it's normal behavior and should have no negative impact on your console. Once that is done, your console's power button should stop blinking and remain off until you turn it on again.

Are you experiencing any issues after that happened?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. A13xVsniPER Win User

Xbox One Acting Strange All of a Sudden?

My xbox one freezes when I press on on of my friends icons it makes 4 images of there game card and when I send messages they look like t h i s and when I turn my xbox off it automatically turns back on can someone
    plz help me

thanks
  4. Kalmeq Win User

Brand new Xbox one s crashes and restarts or turns off

I don't have xbox one s . I have original one.

Since last update or maybe 1 month max. Anytime I switch let say from a game to youtube and go back to a game the screen is black and if I quit game by pressing start on game icon and quit and try to start it my xbox turn off automatically and restart.

Same if I play a game turn off my xbox come back later as soon as I'll press the game icon to continue (xbix is on instant on mode) it will be black I can hear sounds but cannot do anything and xbox will restart . But if I just play without changing app
    or coming back to the same game it will be fine in can play 10 hours in a row bo prob.
  5. BlessedTM Win User

Xbox Power

Possible Fixes:

1. Remove power from your Xbox Series X or S. First hold down the power button to make sure it’s actually off, then unplug the power cable. Leave the cable unplugged for about 30 seconds to a minute, then plug it back in. Check to see if the Xbox will turn on.
    2. Power cycle your Xbox Series X or S. This is similar to the first step, but it goes a bit further. Push and hold the power to make sure the console is off. Then unplug the console from power and leave it alone for about 20 to 30 minutes. Finally, plug it back in and turn the power back on to see if it works.
    3. Check the power outlet. Try plugging a lamp or any other working electronic device into the outlet you use for your Xbox console. If it doesn’t turn on, your outlet may be bad. Try plugging your console into a different outlet. If you’re using a power strip, try plugging your console directly into the wall, or switch to a different power strip.
    4. Try a different power cable. Both the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S have internal power supplies that you plug a power cable into. If you have an identical power cable from another electronic device, try swapping the Xbox power cable for another identical one. If the console powers up, you have a bad power cable.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox one S turning off anon

Hi gondavid,

Thanks for your post! If there are any issues with the Xbox One S giving issues with power, either not powering on or powering off abruptly, try the solution here:

Your Xbox One S console won't turn on

Please let us know how this goes, thanks again!
Thema:

1. My xbox series s starts to turn the power icon on and off without giving an image or any reason - Similar Threads - series starts turn

2. Xbox series x started to turn back on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x started to turn back on.: on 12/09/21 when i use controller to turn off xbox. Screen goes black xbox logo on console blinks 3 times then about 10 seconds, the machines turns itself back on. I have had it since launch and...
  3. Xbox Series X - turns off when starting games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - turns off when starting games: The console turns off when starting games: - GTA V - RDR 2 - FIFA 21 - Dirt 5 - WRC 8 - Project Cars 2 - Farming Simulator 19 Games that work well: - Forza Horizon 5 - Microsoft Flight...
  4. Xbox Series X controller started draining batteries when turned off after firmware update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller started draining batteries when turned off after firmware update: I have this controller since January and I decided to update its firmware to version 5.7.268.0 last Tuesday (July 6th). Since then, the batteries started to drain even after I turn the controller...
  5. HELLLLPPPPP!!! Xbox series X turns off when starting Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELLLLPPPPP!!! Xbox series X turns off when starting Cold War: So cold war was working fine for me until mid January. Would try to play and it wouldnt load but it would turn off the xbox series X. Called tech support, went through all the processes. Confirmed...
  6. My xbox series S suddenly won't start games properly and just freezes and turns itself off.

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox series S suddenly won't start games properly and just freezes and turns itself off.: There isn't any updates or anything I have updated all games and there isn't a system update. submitted by /u/robjmcm [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Series X turns on but won't start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns on but won't start up: Hello everyone! When I turn on my Xbox Series X (after many hours off) the led button is turning on but the fan doesn't spin and after 1 minute the led turn off. After 3 or 4 times the console...
  8. Series X out of nowhere turns on (fan starts to spin, logo doesn't glow)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X out of nowhere turns on (fan starts to spin, logo doesn't glow): Hello, I might be experiencing issue with my series X or is it maybe an option in settings? This happened for the second time, almost precisely at the same time of the day. Console is turned on...
  9. Xbox Series X makes start up chime but won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes start up chime but won't turn on: I woke up this morning to find my xbox series x turned off and when I went to power it on it makes the start up chime but the light doesn't come on and there's no signal to my monitor. I've tried...
  10. XBox Series X can not turned on with the Controller when in „Fast Start“ Mode in the settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X can not turned on with the Controller when in „Fast Start“ Mode in the settings: I think I found some kind of a bug. If my XBox it set to Energy Safe Mode everything is fine. I can start my XBox Series X using the XBox Button on the Controller. If my XBox Series X is set to...