my xbox series x controller sudddenly stopped connecting to pc

Discus and support my xbox series x controller sudddenly stopped connecting to pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; so i have been using my xbox series x controller with my pc fine for about a few months with no problems over Bluetooth until one day i was starting up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nadirhasan, May 10, 2021.

1. nadirhasan
    nadirhasan Guest

so i have been using my xbox series x controller with my pc fine for about a few months with no problems over Bluetooth until one day i was starting up a new game shadow of the tomb raider , the controller worked fine for the menu screen and then it disconnected . i tried turning it off and on again so i can reconnect but it didn't work . i left the game came back and removed the device from the Bluetooth list and tried pairing it again , it did pair but it didn't recognize it as a controller , i checked if i had any updates to do on both controller and pc but there was none . i don't understand it . it works fine over usb but that's it .

:)

nadirhasan, May 10, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one S serie controller and xbox one V3 wireless PC dongle

Hi,

The Series S and X controllers work on same devices the earlier controller can connect to. This includes:

Xbox One Game receiver for Windows 10

Bluetooth (PC, Android, iOS)

Xbox One, One S, X and Series X/S.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Will the Xbox Wireless PC Adapters work for the next gen controllers?

Hi,

I can't see why not. After all, the Series X and S console support Xbox One controllers. That shows the way these new controllers connect hasn't changed. They should work on PC with the Wireless Adaptor.
  6. MarcoAraujoSantos Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
    Muito obrigado pela resposta! Era exatamente o que eu queria saber.
Thema:

1. my xbox series x controller sudddenly stopped connecting to pc - Similar Threads - series controller sudddenly

2. Series X having connection issues with controller and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X having connection issues with controller and headset: So I know this is a common issue, but its getting worse. My Series X is constantly having my controller and Xbox headset disconnect in the middle of games and the only way to get them to reconnect...
  3. Xbox Series S turning itself off after I turn the controller back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S turning itself off after I turn the controller back on: It usually happens after the controller goes to sleep then I press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it back on; it can also happen sometimes when I leave the console on for a while which...
  4. My Xbox Series S controller disconnects sometimes

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller disconnects sometimes: I bought my console some weeks ago and I started to play with rechargeable batteries but there was a point where the controller disconnected (the batteries had energy yet). Then I decided to play...
  5. Broken Joystick on Xbox series X controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken Joystick on Xbox series X controller: The joystick on my shock blue Xbox Series x controller suddenly broke. I’m not sure how it happened but it is completely loose and I believe the shaft on the analog stick must have snapped. I...
  6. XBox Elite Controller Series 2 Extended Warranty UK Availability…

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Controller Series 2 Extended Warranty UK Availability…: Hi there, I have seen in various reviews that you can purchase an extended warranty for the XBox Ellite Series 2 controller but when I try searching for it nothing comes up. Is it not available...
  7. My Xbox series S/X controller have a problem on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S/X controller have a problem on pc: Hello, I bought an Xbox series S/X controller and I want to play it on my PC. The problem is when I connect it via Bluetooth it doesn't work well like there is a misinput as an example when I...
  8. XBox Series X Controller Dinput Support

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Series X Controller Dinput Support: I want to ask you how well is DirectInput supported on new XBox Series X/S controller. I read about some problems causing games not recognized Controller as proper XInput or DInput device. And I...
  9. Xbox Series X controller broken headphone jack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller broken headphone jack: The headphone jack on my controller is broke. I have already tested the headset in a different device. It is not letting me create a support ticket to exchange my controller (with warranty) and...
  10. controller issue on windows 10 (elite series 2)

in XBoX on Windows
    controller issue on windows 10 (elite series 2): My xbox controller(s) all connect fine both wirelessly or wired. My only issue is that they do not function in any game excluding steam games. All my drivers are up to date, I've tried trouble...