My Xbox Series x isn’t recognizing 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv

Discus and support My Xbox Series x isn’t recognizing 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I purchased a tv today at best but strictly for my Xbox x - Samsung 43 inch , 4k UHD HDR LED Tizen ( link -... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Distinct-Bite, Nov 27, 2021.

1. My Xbox Series x isn’t recognizing 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv

/u/Distinct-Bite, Nov 27, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

My Xbox Series x won’t Recognize 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Press and hold the console power button until the console turns off, remove the HDMI cable and power cord from the console for about 1 minute. After 1 minute plug everything back in, turn on the console and try again.

Also, check if your TV's firmware is up to date and it is possible that not all HDMI ports on your TV have 120hz support, check which port supports 120hz.

If the problem still persists reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.
    In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>
    Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

***Do not reset your console without having your account email and password.***
  3. TheGeekHunter Win User

XSX: Turning on/off TV using Console not working

Same issue since day one release. I have yet to get this to work with my Series X. I just shipped my Series X back today for GPU failure.

This feature still works fine with my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition.

Also on your Samsung TV, did your input change from the green Xbox to the blue generic "Game Console"? Mine did as if the TV does not recognize the device as an Xbox console. I can switch it out with my Xbox One X and the input icon changes back to the green Xbox.
  4. Spitfire Run Win User

Internet Problem

Same problem for me. The Xbox One refuses to recognize my wireless network and tell´s me it´s the wrong network password.

It isn´t because 3 Iphones, 3 Ipads, two separate TV-sets and one PC finds the networks AND recognizes the same password.

This must be and hardware issue with the Xbox One!?
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

: Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

hi i would like to have 120 fps on my tv with my serie x , i take yu a screenshot of settings tv, i dont understand why in settings xbox they dont proposed 120 fps at 4k but i can play 120 fps at 1080p ?
    You won't get 120 fps on that TV, as it's only a 60hz display, 60hz = 60 fps at most

To get up to 120 fps at 4K, you need a TV that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1 ports and again your TV only has HDMI 2.0 ports, but most games on the Series X are locked to 60 fps at 4K,

Something like the LG CX is the best TV to get at the moment, and that's a TV that can go 4K at 120hz,

A 60hz display = up to a maximum of 60 fps

A 120hz display = up to a maximum of 120 fps.
  6. Sad0ldGit Win User

HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv

I did hear this was an issue with Samsung tv's which is not so good because my wife came home on Saturday with a new Samsung crystal tv. Not tried it with the series s yet. I'm not allowed to steal her new tv.
Thema:

My Xbox Series x isn’t recognizing 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv

1. My Xbox Series x isn’t recognizing 120 hertz on my new Samsung tv - Similar Threads - Series isn’t recognizing

2. Elite Series 2 Disconnect issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 Disconnect issues.: So I saw a thread on this sub that was 3 years old and am shocked that in 2022 it could still be an issue. I have an Elite Series 2 connected to a Series S and randomly (usually in the middle of a...
  3. Xbox Series X not able to load games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not able to load games: How do I fix this? Here is what happened: Playing a game and suddenly it freezes and force closes back to dashboard. First I thought it was the game, tried a different game and the problem...
  4. Why isn’t my forza horizon 2 Xbox one disc working on my series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t my forza horizon 2 Xbox one disc working on my series x?: Nothing appears when I put the disc in or anything. Help me now. Thank you submitted by /u/luke1878 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Dev app URL isn’t working (Xbox Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dev app URL isn’t working (Xbox Series X): I’m not well versed in anything to do with the dev side of xbox but I saw a YouTube video about emulating games and I was interested. I’ve downloaded the Xbox dev app on my Xbox and set it up but...
  6. Cold War isn’t working on my series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cold War isn’t working on my series x: Whenever I start up the game it will start loading, freeze, then crash. I have tried uninstalling it, restarting my xbox, and quitting it while its is open. I don’t know what else to do so I came...
  7. New Webcam isn’t working with series x on twitch app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Webcam isn’t working with series x on twitch app: i see a lot of other people having the same issue. I can go into Skype and it shows that my brand new webcam works perfectly fine but when i goto stream on twitch the webcam isnt recognized. Ive...
  8. Xbox app on my iPhone 12 pro isn’t letting my connect to my Xbox series x via remote play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app on my iPhone 12 pro isn’t letting my connect to my Xbox series x via remote play: All it shows is my old console and when I try to set up a new console, it just tells me to turn on the Xbox and sign under my profile and I do that, but the screen on my phone doesn’t change....
  9. My Xbox Series X Isn’t Always Reading My Headsets

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X Isn’t Always Reading My Headsets: Is anyone having issues listening to audio with their Xbox headsets on the Series X? For me, one of my turtle beach headsets that would work on my Xbox One, now only sometimes work on my Series X...
  10. Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X thinks a Ethernet cable is plugged in, when one isn’t.: My Xbox Series X keeps thinking its wired via ethernet cable when its not, so wont let me connect with WiFi. A power cycle restart fixes it, but when i turn it off and back on later to play it...