My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting everyone else in my household from the internet when I...

Discus and support My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting everyone else in my household from the internet when I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I try to download any games or updates my Xbox disconnects all of the other users from the network. It's incredibly frustrating because I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JimatheDims, Aug 6, 2022.

1. JimatheDims
    JimatheDims Guest

My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting everyone else in my household from the internet when I...

Whenever I try to download any games or updates my Xbox disconnects all of the other users from the network. It's incredibly frustrating because I shouldn't have to schedule a sometimes trivially small update around times when people aren't awake because my Xbox sucks up all of the bandwidth. Steam and PC Game Pass don't cause interruptions when I download files from them (at the same speeds) so it must be something with the Xbox hardware or OS.

How can I fix this without slowing down my downloads????

:)

JimatheDims, Aug 6, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting everyone else in my household from the internet when I try to download everything, why is this?

Hi JimatheDims, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware on your console in that way it will be refreshed by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. DemonizedDevil Win User

Xbox bricked

I sympathise. Since this latest update my xbox one keeps disconnecting from the internet saying no network detected when the settings says it is. I have a series x haven't tried that yet to see if same issue .
  4. Dr4gonborn88 Win User

My Series X keeps disconnecting from my Internet and Xbox live

Hi

I'm seeing a lot of issues with how IPv6 networking works on all consoles. This is an issue I'm experiencing myself. But I'm having a problem trying to identify where the issue lies (console, router, ISP, Xbox Live). I know it's down to protocol called Teredo, where IPv6 packets are transmitted through an IPv4 network, and I know that some ISPs are having IPv6 implementation issues.

I've reported this in a feedback and let you know if anything comes back.
    Thank you so much
  5. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello, I will need you to please follow those instructions to resolve this issue:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to: settings> account> remove accounts> remove your account.

You could also try this troubleshooting step to clear any corrupted data from your device:

1- Go to settings on your Xbox

2- Select system

3-Select storage

4- Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
  6. wi7bit Win User

Hi Dr4gonborn88

I'm seeing a lot of issues with how IPv6 networking works on all consoles. This is an issue I'm experiencing myself. But I'm having a problem trying to identify where the issue lies (console, router, ISP, Xbox Live). I know it's down to protocol called Teredo, where IPv6 packets are transmitted through an IPv4 network, and I know that some ISPs are having IPv6 implementation issues.

I've reported this in a feedback and let you know if anything comes back.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting everyone else in my household from the internet when I... - Similar Threads - Series keeps disconnecting

2. Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.: Noticed in the last 2 weeks or so my elite controller will randomly disconnect for about 5-10 seconds and then reconnect. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I believe there was an update that...
  3. stupid piece of junk Xbox series X controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 30...

in XBoX on Consoles
    stupid piece of junk Xbox series X controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 30...: I Just bought this controller less than a month ago and I'm already having issues with it. This dam controller is so frustrating I wanna give it some good old flying lessons. It is connecting via...
  4. My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x randomly keeps disconnecting from wifi but everything else runs ok...what can i do: My Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from the wifi but everything thing else...i used to be a playstation fan but fell in love with Xbox...what can i do so i dont resort to selling my xbox...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting from BT and usb when playing games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting from BT and usb when playing games.: So when I am playing games like Apex, Borderlands, God of War or any others, the elite controller will connect in the beginning and as I play the game, the game will lag, and the controller...
  6. Xbox Series S Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Wireless Controller Keeps Disconnecting: Today, my Xbox Series S Wireless Controller starting having this issue where every 5 minutes or so, it would randomly stop responding and start blinking to reconnect to my PC via Bluetooth. The...
  7. My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting when I use Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting when I use Bluetooth: About a month ago I sold my kidney for an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. I use it only with my windows 10/11 computer. I'm using my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 device with...
  8. Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from wifi when playing online multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from wifi when playing online multiplayer: Every so often it will disconnect me from my wifi in the middle of a match every few hours, it can be fine for weeks and then it will start acting up, then after another short while it won't do it...
  9. Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting from Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller keeps disconnecting from Xbox One S: I just got a brand new Xbox controller (compatible to Xbox Series X, but I use it for my Xbox One). It keeps disconnecting then reconnecting every 30 seconds or so. I have updated the firmware on...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset keeps breaking up/disconnecting from Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset keeps breaking up/disconnecting from Series X: Hi community, I just bought a new Series X and I've experiencing constant connection loss between the Xbox Wireless Headset and my xbox, sometime, if I'm using the headset it even disconnects the...