My xbox series X reads xbox 360 games as blurays

Discus and support My xbox series X reads xbox 360 games as blurays in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an XSX and i have a disc for the game The Orange Box for Xbox 360 which should be backwards compatible. When i put this disc into the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DRAMATRON, Sep 18, 2021.

1. DRAMATRON
    DRAMATRON Guest

I have an XSX and i have a disc for the game The Orange Box for Xbox 360 which should be backwards compatible. When i put this disc into the Xbox series X it immedieately opens the Blu-Ray app and it says that i have to put the disc into an xbox 360.

What should i do?

:)

DRAMATRON, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Do you have any other Xbox 360 discs to try? If you don't, I suggest you check your console can read DVD discs. To test, just try playing any DVD movie disc (not a Blu-ray disc). If the DVD works fine, then the issue isn't with your console, but rather the disc itself is dirty or damaged.

If DVD's play fine, check the disc for finger marks and scratches and try cleaning it with a soft non-abrasive cloth.

If the game is dirty or otherwise damaged, the console won't be able to read the lead track on the disc that tells your console what the disc is, hence why it's opening the Blu-ray/DVD app.
  3. ngocphi Win User

XBox Game Discs on Series S

Any external drive wouldnt work

One it needs to be the same speed as xbox x series

A dvd usb drive wont read bluray disks

And at the expense of a bluray reader plus the additional hardware you might as well buy an x series

Why would you buy something you dont need if you need to read disks

There is huge difference between x and s

And S ISNT DESIGNED FOR DISKS

And the software would refuse it

3 the s series downloads have lower file sizes since its less capable

And yes the servera detect this

So you dont need 4k files

You do realize you only have a 512gig ssd in the s series right? And thr cpu and gpu arent the same aa the x series because of the limited hardware in the s seriea the downloads are smaller

If you want disks buy the right product
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
  5. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Series x and our digital games

i think i remember being told or reading that all digital copies of your games are playable on series x and it will also be backwards compatibility to all previous xbox one, 360 and original xbox games
  6. TKroma XGU Win User

Xbox Series X

Xbox series X will be the next console of the Xbox franchise. Like the jump from Xbox 360 to Xbox one. You will be able to play you're Xbox one games on the Series X and the games coming out will be out on Xbox One as Xbox series X for a limited time.
    After a while they will quit making games for Xbox one and focus on Xbox Siries X
Thema:

1. My xbox series X reads xbox 360 games as blurays - Similar Threads - series reads 360

2. Darksiders II, Xbox One version, disc not reading on Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Darksiders II, Xbox One version, disc not reading on Series X: Hello, I can't get my Series X to show that there is a disc to install when I insert Darksiders II. e54a3b67-a8eb-48b3-b5c8-b89544fb9854
  3. Xbox series S HDMI not reading correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S HDMI not reading correctly: Hi all, When using auto detect for display settings, the console couldnt find the correct resolution for the TV so set it at 640x480 as default. Through advanced settings I could force it to send...
  4. Series X Enhanced games not reading controller input

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Enhanced games not reading controller input: I wanna start off by saying I have tried my best to listen to old posts and learn from them. Either they seem to have a different issue or they had a fox that is failing so this post is for me to...
  5. Xbox One can no longer read games that are for both Xbox One and Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One can no longer read games that are for both Xbox One and Series X: Today I tried to continue playing Assassins Creed Valhalla, which I have played on my Xbox One before, but when I put the disc in it does not read. I then tried with Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal,...
  6. Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs: I am having an issue getting the Xbox Series X to read/install certain Xbox One game discs. First, let me start by saying all of the discs are in perfect condition. No scratches, scuffs, or...
  7. My Xbox series x is not reading my hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is not reading my hard drive.: When I first got my Xbox series x I had both my 4tb hard drives plugged into the back of my console and they have worked fine until the most recent update. Now I have nothing but issues and would...
  8. Xbox Series X cannot read UHD Movie Discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X cannot read UHD Movie Discs: The problem I’m having is that when I put in a UHD disc movie into the disc drive the movie will begin to play no problem but at any point in the movie the screen will go black but sound will...
  9. Series X appears to no longer read discs

in XboX Insiders
    Series X appears to no longer read discs: I powered on my console today and booted Modern Warfare only to be told I need to purchase it. I've probably only once taken the disc out; it's always sitting in my console. It seems now any disc...
  10. Xbox series X vibrations+noice+dont always read disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X vibrations+noice+dont always read disc: My xbox series X gives away vibrations/noice when the discdrive install games, also discs wont read proper(have to eject and insert over and over) i almost gave up when installing cyberpunk..it...