My xbox time reset I do not know why. Also, ethernet wont work

Discus and support My xbox time reset I do not know why. Also, ethernet wont work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox says it is September 1st, 2014. I do not know how. Also, my ethernet will not work. It worked fine an hour ago.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiveLucasYT, Oct 6, 2019.

1. LiveLucasYT
    LiveLucasYT Guest

My xbox says it is September 1st, 2014. I do not know how. Also, my ethernet will not work. It worked fine an hour ago.

:)

LiveLucasYT, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Gimpy_P Win User

If unplugging the console and plugging it back in does not correct the ethernet and/or date and time issue you will likely need to have it serviced.

Sept 1, 2014 could be the default date of the xbox, meaning the cmos reset to it's "epoch"., that in connection with a failed ethernet could mean a power spike or system failure. Even if the date does correct, if it keeps setting to the 2014 date you'll
    want to get it serviced.
  3. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello LiveLucas,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an improper showing of time on your Xbox One console, as well as not being able to setup a wired connection to your home network through the console.

Please ensure that the ethernet cord being plugged in doesn't feel loose within the port that you're attempting to plug it into. After confirming this, we do recommend attempting a
    power cycle on your console.

Please try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  4. Icejim82 Win User

New update breaks... everything

I am having the same issues - checked my connection and hardware using my iPhone and my laptop. Speeds fine and ethernet fine (prefer to use my ethernet for better connection). Plug into my Xbox 360 (which is an original model) and it wont connect and it
    cuts everything else off. Wireless goes down etc. I connected the otherday for the update and that is the only time it has let me on in 3 weeks. Driving me nuts. Saying cant access DNS server. I have manually set up the DNS and also reset to factory settings,
    neither of which worked. Help! Is my Xbox just too old and decrepit to cope with latest updates and thus wont connect?
  5. therbligx Win User

E202 Error, who has answers?

I had this problem as well.

Support, Xbox com, and Google had no answers for 202.

What worked for me was doing an offline reset and then also doing a reset - save games and apps from settings.

The offline reset got my orig xbox one to boot, but it still had issues.

The reset - save games and apps from settings after the offline reset got it to work again.

Another tip - after the offline reset, do a save/ backup to disk and you wont have to set up your wifi a second time.
  6. XXBearcatBoy3 Win User

(system error:E102 10030C02 8007045D)

I just got it... and i was forced to do a system reset... but after the reset another error showed up and forced me to do another system reset! so I don't know how to fix it but I'll assume that you found someway since this was months ago

I also just had this happen overnight. Worked fine last night, now it does not.

Are you in preview program?
    i keep having this issue too and my Xbox wont display half the time. If anyone finds a permanent fix let me know too
Thema:

1. My xbox time reset I do not know why. Also, ethernet wont work - Similar Threads - reset why ethernet

2. Why was everything reset?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was everything reset?: Everything in my brothers account was reset? EVERYTHING! I just recovered the account but EVERYTHING WAS RESET. DELETED! He doesn't have Xbox Live, his gamerscore his friends everything was reset!...
  3. Why does activity feed on home keep reseting

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does activity feed on home keep reseting: Every time I turn off the Xbox app and turn it back on the activity feed on home is back to default instead of my customized choice. How do I keep it to my preference?...
  4. Why has my VIP been reset

in XBoX Rewards
    Why has my VIP been reset: I was at 78% on 2 star on the 1st January 2017 but now the 78% has gone why a49a12bd-98df-4db7-9f36-052885dac038
  5. Why can't I set a password after resetting my password?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I set a password after resetting my password?: Hi, My old school xb1 one from 2013 finally crapped out on me. We had a good go, but it was his time to go... I bought a brand new XB1 S and discovered I had forgotten my account password. I ran...
  6. Hard reset Xbox and almost all games (digital) will say 'do you own', Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard reset Xbox and almost all games (digital) will say 'do you own', Why?: Hi Xbox one day I had to hard set my Xbox One (deleted everything) n resigned in n reinstalled most of the games I had. some games will say Do You Own This Game? and I cant play a lot of the games...
  7. Why do I need to reset all my stuff?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to reset all my stuff?: I got on the BF4 game today and had to reset everything from guns to vehicles. Why has this happened? This has never happened before. I have also seen where servers are not listed after they have...
  8. Rewards account got reset ...wondering why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewards account got reset ...wondering why: how do I get my account back it was reset for sum reason I just checked my email and it said I had 31800 points deposited last month but when I sign it it tries to set up my account like its a new...
  9. I reset the password, still cannot login to x box one, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I reset the password, still cannot login to x box one, why?: I reset the password, still cannot login to x box one, why. 7052393a-41a8-441f-afa1-b66ce800353a
  10. Why Do I Have To Reset My Console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Do I Have To Reset My Console?: Why do I have to reset my console completely to get any games to update. Shouldn't they automatically check for updates when I am launching them? This is a very poor system....