My xbox turns on and quickly turns off.

Discus and support My xbox turns on and quickly turns off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox has been running horrifically slow for the past year and it just now gave out. It turns on and nothing shows on the screen and turns off after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jamie4386, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Jamie4386
    Jamie4386 Guest

My Xbox has been running horrifically slow for the past year and it just now gave out. It turns on and nothing shows on the screen and turns off after about a minute. I've tried everything i could find online and nothing has worked. Ive tried holding all
    3 buttons, unplugging, heating up, clearing the vents, using a different cable, etc.. Please help me...

:)

Jamie4386, Feb 17, 2020
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

My Xbox has been running horrifically slow for the past year and it just now gave out. It turns on and nothing shows on the screen and turns off after about a minute. I've tried everything i could find online and nothing has worked. Please help
    me...
    Have you checked to see if the air vents are open sounds like it over heated or has been running hot for a while
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

Hi and thanks for stopping by the forums.

Could you let us know what you have tried so we don`t ask you to repeat a whole lot of stuff you have already tried. are you connected to the wall or via extension lead/surge protector? if you are connected via the latter it could be that your Xbox is not
    getting enough power and connecting to the wall will make sure your console is getting the full power it needs.
  4. Jamie4386 Win User

It is plugged into the wall. ill try another outlet. thanks
  5. f00xm4n Win User

Last game or app used starts every time when turning on (instant on)

It's called "Resume games quickly" It is under the 'Power and Startup' in the Xbox Settings, If it's turned on turn it off :) Hope that helps
  6. Spitfirex007 Win User

Do you ever have a problem deciding what to play?

I do it all the time. I will turn on my xbox, stare at my collection for about 5 mins and then normally turn it off and walk away. I get bored with my games to quickly.
Thema:

1. My xbox turns on and quickly turns off. - Similar Threads - turns quickly turns

2. X Box not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box not turning on: When I go to turn my X Box on I click the button and the power button lights up and makes the noise as if it's turning on but after like 1 second it immediately turns off. I've tried everything...
  3. 3 month old xbox1 won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 month old xbox1 won't turn on: Has anyone had this with a virtually new console. I've tried what the expert gamers asked me to do on this site nothing happened and just to make it better you can't actually talk to a Microsoft...
  4. Xbox won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t turn on: So earlier today my xbox one x was working fine powered down and went to the store to get groceries. i come back and i was cleaning unplugged it from the wall plugged it back in a bit later after...
  5. My Xbox One X Won’t Turn On

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One X Won’t Turn On: I have an xbox one x and it won’t turn on. It will start to power up like normal then turn itself off after about 10 seconds. I’ve tried to hard reset it while booting up, unplugged the power...
  6. I can't turn off my real name

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't turn off my real name: The option for my real name being shared with friends is on, how do i turn it off. When i go on the xbox app it just says sorry we couldn't get the info please try again.....
  7. Games won't work Xbox is glitching, now screen won't even turn on!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games won't work Xbox is glitching, now screen won't even turn on!!!: My son is an insider member and we had nothing but problems ever since he began this. His games that we have bought won't work now , his xbox one is constantly glitching out, now the power comes...
  8. Why is my Xbox One Controller Rechargeable Battery dieing quickly when my console is turned...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Controller Rechargeable Battery dieing quickly when my console is turned...: Why are my Rechargeable Batterys dieing if my console is turned off? There in red bars. 300fbfb0-9696-4e3e-b711-e0cd2219ab0d
  9. Console does not turn on, turns on and off quickly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console does not turn on, turns on and off quickly: Hi, guys, my console turns on and off quickly, just making the "plim" noise, I've already done all the procedures found on YouTube, however I do not want to open my console, what can I do? I'm...
  10. Xbox doesn't do anything after turning on (I have quick start up on)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't do anything after turning on (I have quick start up on): Ever since the latest update, when ever i turn off my Xbox and then come back a few hours later and turn it back on, it doesn't seem to let me use anything. I cannot open a single thing, it just...