My xbox updates so slow. Is it because i am using a hitspot?

Discus and support My xbox updates so slow. Is it because i am using a hitspot? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to update my xbox and to do so i am using my hotspot on my phone. I have very good reception, it is 4g. How come when i update it it goes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kjanora10, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Kjanora10
    Kjanora10 Guest

I am trying to update my xbox and to do so i am using my hotspot on my phone. I have very good reception, it is 4g. How come when i update it it goes up like 3 percent every hour. Is it because of the hotspot? Should I try updating in on good wifi somewhere
    else?

:)

Kjanora10, Aug 16, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Yes, most likely. The Xbox performs the best with a wired internet connection.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Your best options would be in this order

1. A wired connection.

2. A good wifi Connection.

3. A HotSpot connection.
  4. Kjanora10 Win User

Ok i am going to hook it up to a better wifi the. Thanks for the help.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Kjanora10,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your connection to the internet. To troubleshoot this, check out this article:

Xbox One Network Connection Troubleshooter

Also, mobile hotspots are not as reliable as a broadband internet connection, so reliable connections are not guaranteed.

I hope this helps.
  6. All Memes Count Win User

Agreed but if you even have a non wired connection from your internet it will still go faster than the hot spot.
Thema:

1. My xbox updates so slow. Is it because i am using a hitspot? - Similar Threads - updates slow using

2. Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update: Hello, after last Alpha Skip ahead I tried downloading game but the download speeds are very slow. I get on average 15-60Mbps when before I got 600-900Mbps. When I do network test it comes back...
  3. Slow download speeds after latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    Slow download speeds after latest update.: Anyone else having really slow download speeds after the newest alpha slip ahead update? Used to get about 100 down but now I only get a maximum of about 10 and installs keep stopping and...
  4. Slow network transfers 9th June update

in XboX Insiders
    Slow network transfers 9th June update: Anyone else seeing slow network transfer speeds of 88Mbps over 10/100/1000 usually I get 327+ Mbps submitted by /u/dontasciime [link] [comments]
  5. AC3 Remastered: Slow Install from Disc and Forced Update Render Game Unplayable

in XBoX on Consoles
    AC3 Remastered: Slow Install from Disc and Forced Update Render Game Unplayable: I'm installing from the disc. It's been 17 hours and it's at 5%. This is insane. I've had bigger downloads install faster. I won't be able to even play the game today. I took it offline and but...
  6. xbox one x and xbox one are slow to be offered updates compared to other users

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x and xbox one are slow to be offered updates compared to other users: Both of my xbox one x and xbox one are slow to be offered updates compared to other users. For example, friends will be updating destiny at patch launch but I will wait 10 minutes until it is...
  7. Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update: Slow WIRED DL speeds since april 24th update since the April update i have gone from 180mb/s - 200mb/s download speeds to 28mb/s - 39mb/s with a wired connection and the ONLY change is the April...
  8. Extremely slow game updates

in XBoX Accessibility
    Extremely slow game updates: So I finally went out and bought my first console, Xbox One 500 gb, in 10 years last week. Still sitting here waiting to play something. My internet has never given me problems with other media...
  9. The July update seems to have slowed things down

in XBoX on Consoles
    The July update seems to have slowed things down: The newest Xbox one dashboard update seems to really have made stuff a lot slower when I turn the Xbox on it take 1-2 mins to load stuff of the dashboard fully and everything else also feels...
  10. Slow loading and freezing after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow loading and freezing after update: My game has been working perfectly for weeks and then immediately after an automatic update everything is loading VERY slowly and freezing. Anybody else had this issue after an update? It’s been...