my xbox video app has not worked in about a week

Discus and support my xbox video app has not worked in about a week in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; where do I start?..it bothers me that after everything that has been done to fix this problem..clearing HD cache, rolling back the update, resetting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JohnWooley, Mar 23, 2015.

1. JohnWooley
    JohnWooley Guest

where do I start?..it bothers me that after everything that has been done to fix this problem..clearing HD cache, rolling back the update, resetting the router, opening ports, deleting and redownloading my profile, removing the HD and powering the console
    up with a memory stick did nothing, that's not all but it's just for openers..on nearly every call I was on for a minimum of two hours..all because of that Xbox preview registration membership, which does nothing that I can see..it can't be taken off because
    it isn't in your download history to delete it...and what truly erks me is that one lady requested an escalation that was apparently approved..was then thrown back to me as if I had a problem with my router or connection which is not the case..I was made to
    believe that an escalated case was not even considered unless something could be done..and to top it off, after all the that they turned of my auto-renew, it still billed me, and yet didn't stack onto my current membership..and now they are just blowing me
    off..some of them have been cool and apologetic and others not so much..to say I'm upset is putting it mildly, just because I'm on a 360, I'm not a priority anymore and to cancel my account means eating every dime I've put out on Games and every other thing
    that is available the marketplace..at least let me use it until the end off my membership? this has all been a complete mindbending exercise..they only thing they managed was to take my money..that got that part right..signed, extremely *** off!! PS please
    say no to the option to sign up for that preview membership nonsense..it's for X1 and not for 360 it seems..

:)

JohnWooley, Mar 23, 2015
  2. Evil__Homer
    Evil__Homer Guest
    Xbox One - Twitch App Black Screen Issue.

I've been using the Twitch app on my Xbox One for months without issues until about 2 weeks ago.
    Anytime I go into a broadcast the chat is the only thing working, video is completely black and never loads.

Have un-installed / re-installed the app multiple times. Removed / deleted all saved items on my Xbox One including all keys / content in my profile on Twitch website. Rebooted my modem / router. Still same issue.

When using the Twitch app on my Xbox 360 or through any web browser everything works fine.

Any suggestions ? Have a ticket open with Twitch support but haven't received a reply back for almost a week now.

Evil__Homer, Mar 23, 2015
  3. Smartglass not working

My xbox one smartglass app has not worked for a week or so now. I have Uninstalled and re installed it and hard reset my phone. no idea why. any help would be nice as I use it quite regularly

Shock Hazard 86, Mar 23, 2015
  4. Ryan091
    Ryan091 Guest

I feel your pain, I've been dealing for months with missing episodes from tv shows on xbox video which have been blamed on the shows providers or my hardware or connection rather than obvious bugs with xbox video itself. I don't understand how I can log
    into xbox video on my computer and have access to everything but log in on my 360 and be missing 90% of my purchased seasons or have absolutely no access to them at all. Obviously this is an issue on their side they are not willing to fix. The lack of support,
    upkeep, and organization on the part of the people running xbox vide is insanely bad. In less than a year this service went from one of the best to one of the worst streaming services available to date. From shows being added anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks
    later than the actual release of the episode to the constant bugs causing episodes to go missing from my library i'm about ready to say that I am 100% done with xbox.

Ryan091, May 13, 2015
  5. Ryan091 Win User

I feel your pain, I've been dealing for months with missing episodes from tv shows on xbox video which have been blamed on the shows providers or my hardware or connection rather than obvious bugs with xbox video itself. I don't understand how I can log
    into xbox video on my computer and have access to everything but log in on my 360 and be missing 90% of my purchased seasons or have absolutely no access to them at all. Obviously this is an issue on their side they are not willing to fix. The lack of support,
    upkeep, and organization on the part of the people running xbox vide is insanely bad. In less than a year this service went from one of the best to one of the worst streaming services available to date. From shows being added anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks
    later than the actual release of the episode to the constant bugs causing episodes to go missing from my library i'm about ready to say that I am 100% done with xbox.
  6. B4tr3yu Win User

Breaking Bad Season 6 pass STILL not working :/

Well I deleted my Xbox video app and reloaded it and got it to work tonight. Who knows next week.
  7. distaffen Win User

Hulu Plus unable to open error code 0x87de2714

Now Amazon doesn't work and neither does Xbox video. It seems that no video apps are working. It would be nice to go at least one week without running into any problems with my xbox, way to go Microsoft.
  8. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

My Xbox One has stopped streaming the video the video portion of Amazon Prime Video. I have worked thru all the the trouble shooting on the xbox and amazon lists.
    There was a tweet about problems with ap video

We have received word that Amazon Prime Video UK App is experiencing issues on Xbox One. Our teams are investigating now. We'll update here & on https://t.co/PzAdjUFMJj when we have more info to share.
  9. JonesyTom Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login

Hi Leo,

no, I think you misunderstood my problem. The Xbox Game Pass App simply crashes everytime I log in. I choose my account, click on Ok and the whole App window wents black and doesn't respond anymore.

My windows is up to date and I know the forum thread you talked about. I installed the Xbox Identity Provider app as suggested in this thread but it still doesn't work.

I've also submitted a feedback via the Game Pass App about two weeks ago including a video with the error recorded. But I didn't get any response.
Thema:

1. my xbox video app has not worked in about a week - Similar Threads - video app has

2. Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps.

in XboX Insiders
    Voice control via Alexa no longer works in certain video apps.: Xbox pause and xbox play no longer work on the Amazon video application(only one I've noticed so far). The XBox receives the command and responds "can't do that here" which would make sense in a...
  3. CBS All Access App Fails To Load All Videos

in XboX Insiders
    CBS All Access App Fails To Load All Videos: I can load the app fine but when I try to load any video it gives the error "Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again Later". Since I know my subscription is fine & I can load it fine on my Roku TV...
  4. Xbox video apps using HDCP keep messing up video signal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox video apps using HDCP keep messing up video signal: I'm sure other folks have seen this happen. All games and apps like youtube and twitch will work fine, but occasionally boot up netflix, hulu, etc and then the video signal to the tv messes up,...
  5. no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening...

in XboX Insiders
    no audio in video apps (youtube, netflix, etc) and no music in rocket league since opening...: I'm not sure what has happened here. I first noticed that Rocket League music has become silent or occasionally barely audible. I did recently open up the Dolby Atmos app as I wanted to run a test...
  6. Now TV, Prime Video and Other Apps Not Loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Now TV, Prime Video and Other Apps Not Loading: Since the last update, Now TV, Prime Video and BBC iPlayer won't load, the only one that has worked is Netflix. When doing a streaming test, it says the upload bandwidth is too low for streaming....
  7. Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live: Hey guys, so when i try to upload a game clip from my Windows PC through the xbox console companion app, it gets as far as 98% download and then the app just completely shuts down, a flash of a...
  8. Xbox Streaming app has audio, but it doesn't have a video.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Streaming app has audio, but it doesn't have a video.: The title pretty much says it all. Here's what it looks like. [img] I can hear the game and home audio. But, there's no video. Please help. :( 5e9c82af-1435-412d-ba4e-15a8aced1804
  9. Video Apps - "An error has occurred, please try again later"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Apps - "An error has occurred, please try again later": Ive had this problem since i first bought the Xbox One, and i got it on Release Day! So its a problem that may only exist on Xbox One. (No longer got 360 to test) OK, So every single Video...
  10. Closed Captioning has a good 5 min delay. Effects a lot of video apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Closed Captioning has a good 5 min delay. Effects a lot of video apps.: If you are hearing impaired, I would not be renting or buying movies on the xbox right now. Even this free movie weekend with The Green Hornet we are having, there is a tad over 4 minutes delay...