My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps

Discus and support My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i have had this problem many times now and it has fixed it self after a day but now has not fixed it self for about a week now and the xbox help... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MysticLUCKY RS, Feb 26, 2020.

1. My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps

So i have had this problem many times now and it has fixed it self after a day but now has not fixed it self for about a week now and the xbox help chat line is very bad for customer support.

So the the problem is that the games and updates for games will not install at all and all it says is installation stopped and when i resume it it flickers and goes straight back to stoped and i have done all of the trouble shooting problems and it still
    is not working i am staring to get very annoyed now because there is one troubleshoot left to do and i am not willing to do it as it insists of factory reseting the xbox and then downloading everything again which is about 900Gb and this troubleshoot may not
    even work

thank you in advance for any help and i hope xbox’s customer support especially the call centre get its stuff together and not be so terrible.

:)

MysticLUCKY RS, Feb 26, 2020
  2. MysticLUCKY RS Win User

Unfortunately this did not work
  3. MysticLUCKY RS Win User

Unfortunately this did not work
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

I also recommend restarting once you have logged out of your account/profile. Once booted up again, log back in and see if the problem was resolved.

I had a similar issue once and I deleted my account/profile completely and restarted. I then added my account again and my problem was fixed. So this is also another option to try
  5. mareledanut Win User

Hi, i said this in a previous post so i would leave the same reply here in hopes that it will help you:

Try logging out from your account and then back in, it could be a sync issue. Also, you can perform a reset by holding the Xbox button on your console for about 10 seconds, that would clear you cache.
  6. Northern Lass Win User

can somebody please help me i dont know how to update the xbox app im on a HB gaming computer. evrey time i start a party it says update to the newst vierson

You need to open the microsoft store on your pc and go to my games and apps, any outstanding updates should be listed and you need to click install next to the xbox app.
Thema:

1. My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps - Similar Threads - install update games

2. Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update: I am trying to use the xbox (beta) app on my pc running windows ten, but when I try to install it gives me the error code: Code: 0x80070005. I also get this code when I try to install or update...
  3. Xbox One X not Installing digital games or updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X not Installing digital games or updates: My Xbox One X Scorpio Edition is not installing any digital games or updates for any games. Disc installs work fine, as do app installs, which is the weirdest part about it. I have done all the...
  4. Can't install GamingServices, Xbox app, or any games on Win 10 as of recent Xbox app update...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install GamingServices, Xbox app, or any games on Win 10 as of recent Xbox app update...: I went through the ring of fire the last few hours because I accidentally messed up my PC because of this issue. The game i have installed, Sea of Thieves, works fine, but I'm afraid to uninstall...
  5. Can't install GamingServices or any games on Win 10 as of recent GamingServices update...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install GamingServices or any games on Win 10 as of recent GamingServices update...: I went through the ring of fire the last few hours because I accidentally messed up my PC because of this issue. The game i have installed, Sea of Thieves, works fine, but I'm afraid to uninstall...
  6. Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game: Hi All, want to check if anyone has a solution for the problem here. Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the...
  7. Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One: Hello, I have recently ran into an issue with updating and installing games from the microsoft store on my Xbox One console. Whenever I try to set an update going or install a game from the...
  8. Unable to update or install any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update or install any game: I am getting an installation stopped on all my games. Apps updating fine though, I have tried all avenues to try and fix this. Reset console. Reset router. Tried different DNS. Not install...
  9. Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do: Hi All Literally ran out of ideas on how to solve this problem. Basically my Xbox One won't download any updates/games and just comes up with "Installation Stopped" and "We had to stop...
  10. Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.: After latest update build: 464.2001.10001.70 my console has prompted me to update every install. Except now all the downloads fail. They run a couple of seconds than give multiple error codes. New...