My Xbox won't connect to my wireless network

Discus and support My Xbox won't connect to my wireless network in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox One for about 6 months now, and I've never had trouble connecting to my network before. A couple hours ago, I was signed off Live and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zondia-E6AD6F0E-A4DB-4A5D-8A49-5DC8364563CD, Mar 29, 2015.

1. My Xbox won't connect to my wireless network

I've had my Xbox One for about 6 months now, and I've never had trouble connecting to my network before. A couple hours ago, I was signed off Live and couldn't log back in. I went to "Set up wireless network" to reconnect, and I'm unable to do so. I've put
    in my router's password multiple times, making sure it was correct, and I keep getting the message, "Can't connect. Check your network name and password and try again."

Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Zondia-E6AD6F0E-A4DB-4A5D-8A49-5DC8364563CD, Mar 29, 2015
  2. Lord Crusnik
    Lord Crusnik Guest
    Xbox wont connect at all wirelessly.

My xbox one wont connect to any wireless network. I've tried at least 5 different wireless networks and it wont connect. I think my xbox won't connect wirelessly. Anyone else have this problem?

Lord Crusnik, Mar 29, 2015
  3. wireless help

I bought a black 360 today and it won't connect to the wireless network I've been using on my previous 360. It says my xbox can't connect to the wireless network.

GrandDaddyMike, Mar 29, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Please try powercycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down.

While the console is off be sure to powercycle your modem/router by unplugging them for 5 seconds as well. Wait until the internet has fully connected again before restarting your console.

onyxishere, Mar 29, 2015
  5. Mister Maka Win User

My xbox won't connect to my wireless network

Hey there Symbxlyzed!

Do you get an error message when you try to connect to your wireless network? Please share the message if so, that way we can help narrow this issue down :)
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to ceartain network (DNS?)

Hi,

No DNS is not the issue here its just that you can't connect to the wireless network at all, until you can connect to the network it won't get an ip address or a DNS address, even if you manually enter an address it won't help because it isn't connected
    to the wireless network.

The router issues the Xbox an ip address and DNS settings, but it won't until has connected to the network first which it can't at the moment.
  7. KidOfIron Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live -- Xbox is only device having connection problem

Mister Darcy, thanks for getting back to me. It's been five days now. I cannot try a wired connection, as the Xbox and modem are on different levels of my house, far away from one another. We've tried: restoring factory defaults and re-entering the wireless
    network and password; restarting network hardware (unplugging modem and rebooting); unplugging Xbox and re-starting; checking that plugs and cords property connected.

The Xbox is detecting my wireless, and the connection is strong. But it won't connect.
  8. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox app wont connect to xbox

if your Xbox is wired and your phone is on the wireless side are you sure they are in the same network? On my home setup my Xbox and PC are wired while all the wireless connections are in a different network. If they are not in the same network it will
    not connect.
  9. RossYoung3 Win User

Network connection?

The issue is with my xbox not connecting to my wireless network
Thema:

1. My Xbox won't connect to my wireless network - Similar Threads - won't connect wireless

2. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any...
  3. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  4. Xbox one won't connect to wireless anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to wireless anymore.: Given how far the WiFi router is it's faster to connect to my phone's Hotspot. But, now I'm trying to reconnect to the router and the password hasn't changed neither has anything else. Yet, I...
  5. Wireless Display app won't connect to my notebook

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Display app won't connect to my notebook: Dear community. I know, that several posts have been added here already about the new Wirelss Display App, but mine is a bit different: Somehow, my notebook won't connect to the XBOX: I press...
  6. My Xbox One won't connect to any wireless network - FIXED!! READ UPDATE!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One won't connect to any wireless network - FIXED!! READ UPDATE!!: My Xbox One will not for some reason connect to any wireless network. It worked fine up until a couple days ago, when I powered it on it was offline and then refused to connect. I have tried all...
  7. Wireless Controller Won't Connect with USB

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless Controller Won't Connect with USB: My xBox 360 controller refuses to connect, even after dismantling and having my system cleaned and after purchasing a new controller. I opted for a USB to safely connect my controller to the...
  8. Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections: Arris (Modems/Gateways) Arris DG1670: Xbox one won't detect any wireless connections Hi QEmpire, try the following this article:...
  9. Xbox controller won't connect to my computer wireless

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won't connect to my computer wireless: Hi, My xbox one controller won't connect to my computer via bluetooth. now i know this sounds like one of the problems you've probably had a lot of but it's different. you see i have been able...
  10. My xbox won't connect to my wireless internet all of a suudden.. turned it off.. and the ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox won't connect to my wireless internet all of a suudden.. turned it off.. and the ...: My xbox won't connect to our wireless internet now for some reason... turned modem off and xbox... still same problem 84b6c3eb-2c63-4e8c-b805-1ee59b7024b2