My Xbox won’t do anything, TV doesn’t have any feed from it.

Discus and support My Xbox won’t do anything, TV doesn’t have any feed from it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have tried the reboot procedure that I read about, holding the power button and eject button, but it doesn’t do anything. I have also tried various... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PeterinTO, Feb 12, 2020.

1. PeterinTO
    PeterinTO Guest

i have tried the reboot procedure that I read about, holding the power button and eject button, but it doesn’t do anything. I have also tried various HDMI cords and various TV inputs.

i can’t think of anything else to do??? Please does anyone have any ideas?

thanks for your help,

Peter

:)

PeterinTO, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Tim w 619 Win User

Do you have a spare tv you can use to test it on that?

Is there any picture (even some sort of flicker) when the Xbox turns on? Or does it just stay on a black screen?

If it doesnt work on that tv and you've followed the correct reboot procedure then it sounds like a fault with the Xbox unfortunately
  3. Tarnend Win User

have you tried a different tv at all? if thats still a no go then it seems to me that the xbox is faulty, either the graphics chip or the hdmi output :( is the device under warranty still? if not then it will either be a repair through microsoft or buying
    another :(
  4. UsualPandora753 Win User

The reboot procedure i used is different and i fixed the same kind of issue today.

Power on the console wait 10 secondes and then hold the power button on the console until it power off.

Unplug power cord wait 30 sec and then plug it back.

you might need a second person from now.

Press and hold the bind (controller sync button located on the right side of the console) and the eject button

and then just press the xbox button on the console once.

continue holding the bind and eject buttons for 10-15 seconds

listen for two "power up" tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the bind and eject buttons after

the second power-up tone. (not sure if I really heard the tone but I did release after 15 seconds +)

The console did power up to a startup troubleshooter menu.

I choose to reset the xbox and kept the app and game, the rest was like starting a brand new console.

I hope it work
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Check the SOURCE with TV remote to ensure its on the correct setting.

This Troubleshoot screen support may assist you.
  6. PeterinTO Win User

Thanks for the lengthy response, much apreciated. I did just try that and it with no luck. I had tried a variation before without powering it up afterwards. But still no display coming. The TV still shows no input coming. I can feel the hard drive
    do something.

Any other ideas?

Peter
Thema:

1. My Xbox won’t do anything, TV doesn’t have any feed from it. - Similar Threads - won’t anything doesn’t

2. My Xbox won’t connect to none of my new Samsung TVs

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t connect to none of my new Samsung TVs: My xbox wont connect to my samsung tv at all i use a ps4 & it worked perfectly fine but my xbox wont connect i plugged my xbox to a different tv & it worked but i had to reset the resolution on my...
  3. Xbox one X installation won’t work

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X installation won’t work: For a week now I’ve been trying to download apex for Xbox one x but the “installation stopped” on the file info it says “Error 8007045D” I’ve tried clearing the save data and restarted the Xbox...
  4. Xbox PC Game Pass, Metro Exodus won’t download

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC Game Pass, Metro Exodus won’t download: So I’m downloading Metro Exodus on the Xbox app on my PC. It downloads very quickly to 17.8GB then jumps from 0 b/s, up to around 200kb/s for a short period of time. I have plenty of room in the...
  5. Films app won’t play my rented movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films app won’t play my rented movie: Films app won’t play the movie I’ve just rented 0332628b-7217-4594-b5fe-de60a430965a
  6. YouTube signed me out and won’t let me sign back in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube signed me out and won’t let me sign back in: So I went onto YouTube on Xbox One today to look at my subscriptions and it said I was signed out. I used an activation code on my phone and it said I signed it but on the Xbox it said “something...
  7. Xbox One X won’t add account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won’t add account: Trying to set up my brand new Xbox One X that I just took out of the box. The system went through all the steps to set up and updated itself to the latest update. When I get to add account it says...
  8. Xbox store won’t let me purchase anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox store won’t let me purchase anything: For a about aweek store wont let me purchase anything i think my rep is good and no error code help what could be goin on ca532492-7856-4429-9936-a9d0c5c15ae3
  9. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Xbox one won’t let me do anything

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Xbox one won’t let me do anything: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Xbox one won’t let me do anything so I got this Xbox one S about a month and a half ago and now it says connect to Xbox live, but when I click on “connect to...
  10. Xbox One on but won’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One on but won’t do anything: My Xbox One will power on, with the white power light on, but it won’t do anything. The tv doesn’t detect an input source. I’ve checked the tv and the hdmi cable, and they both work. Also, the...