My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive

Discus and support My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had been using an external hard drive for the past couple of years but today i woke up and the xbox wasnt reading the hard drive i restarted the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SANTIROVI, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SANTIROVI
    SANTIROVI Guest

I had been using an external hard drive for the past couple of years but today i woke up and the xbox wasnt reading the hard drive i restarted the console and plugged the hard drive to my computer and my computer recognised the hardrive i tried conecting
    a usb to my xbox and it didnt read it what do i do (its a xbox one x)

:)

SANTIROVI, Sep 24, 2019
  2. SANTIROVI Win User

Didnt worked but thanks anyway
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Also, try using a different USB port on the console.
  4. SANTIROVI Win User

Yeah i tried with all usb ports on my xbox my guess is that the hard drive malfunctioned at this point its like 6+ years
  5. RUBENSJUNIOR21 Win User

é o cabo usb que você está usando 3.0?
  6. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Hi, have you try anothter XBOX One or another USB Port on your XBOX One X?
Thema:

1. My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive - Similar Threads - won’t read external

2. XBOX WON’T READ DISK, DISK NOT APPEARING

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX WON’T READ DISK, DISK NOT APPEARING: Finally got the game after waiting a week for shipping, also I had played another disk game three weeks before hand so I was surprised when my Xbox wouldn’t even show the game after I put it in...
  3. Xbox One S Won’t Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Won’t Read Discs: Xbox is barely 2 years old and my discs are fine. All games i play are digital. I only use the disc drive for movies. Its a the game of thrones series. A disc will work maybe 1 out of every 10...
  4. My Xbox won’t read backcompact disks

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox won’t read backcompact disks: I’ve hade my xb1 s for about 1 and a half years now and everything’s been working fine till I tried a old game from the 360 (skate 3) it worked fine for like 2 months but all of a sudden 2 weeks...
  5. Xbox won’t read any discs apart from game discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won’t read any discs apart from game discs: Hello, everyone! So I got an Xbox One S a few months back. Everything has been great so far, but when I tried to play some audio cds, it simply wouldn’t work! I tried the audio cd player app,...
  6. My disc reads but won’t let me play it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My disc reads but won’t let me play it.: I have a rainbow six siege game that reads when it goes into my xbox but wont load the game. Ive tried all the methods and it still doesnt work. What should i do 989934bc-7dee-444b-bfe3-534fad1333bd
  7. Xbox one won’t read discs at times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won’t read discs at times: So when i try playing disc games sometimes it wont read it wont even try i have to reset my xbox to make it read i have to do it every few days to get it to work that one time any ideas?...
  8. Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?: The major contributing factor to a disc read error is a dirty optical lens (the one that your Xbox 360 laser passes through to read the disc itself). If there is dirt or dust on the laser lens,...
  9. Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I’ve been using for that past and a half. It has worked great up until this point, the xbox started randomly not reading it and I have tried every solution...
  10. My Black ops 1-2 disc won’t read in my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Black ops 1-2 disc won’t read in my Xbox one: Yesterday I found out that i could use backwards compatibility to play black ops 1 and 2 on my xbox one. I put the black ops 1 disc in my xbox and it sounded like it was reading but a second later...