My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive

Discus and support My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had been using an external hard drive for the past couple of years but today i woke up and the xbox wasnt reading the hard drive i restarted the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SANTIROVI, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SANTIROVI
    SANTIROVI Guest

I had been using an external hard drive for the past couple of years but today i woke up and the xbox wasnt reading the hard drive i restarted the console and plugged the hard drive to my computer and my computer recognised the hardrive i tried conecting
    a usb to my xbox and it didnt read it what do i do (its a xbox one x)

:)

SANTIROVI, Sep 24, 2019
  2. SANTIROVI Win User

Didnt worked but thanks anyway
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Also, try using a different USB port on the console.
  4. SANTIROVI Win User

Yeah i tried with all usb ports on my xbox my guess is that the hard drive malfunctioned at this point its like 6+ years
  5. RUBENSJUNIOR21 Win User

é o cabo usb que você está usando 3.0?
  6. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Hi, have you try anothter XBOX One or another USB Port on your XBOX One X?
Thema:

1. My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive - Similar Threads - won’t read external

2. Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Won’t My Xbox 360 Read Game Discs?: The major contributing factor to a disc read error is a dirty optical lens (the one that your Xbox 360 laser passes through to read the disc itself). If there is dirt or dust on the laser lens,...
  3. Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I’ve been using for that past and a half. It has worked great up until this point, the xbox started randomly not reading it and I have tried every solution...
  4. My Black ops 1-2 disc won’t read in my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Black ops 1-2 disc won’t read in my Xbox one: Yesterday I found out that i could use backwards compatibility to play black ops 1 and 2 on my xbox one. I put the black ops 1 disc in my xbox and it sounded like it was reading but a second later...
  5. Disc won’t read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc won’t read: My Xbox One X wont read my destiny 1 disc. Its the only game that i have had this problem with. I have tried to power cycle, turning off instant on with no luck. there is also no error message....
  6. Won’t read game disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t read game disk: One of my games wont start anymore as my xbox doesnt recongise the disk. I have a second copy of the same game but it doesnt recgnise this either. all other game disks work fine....
  7. Disk won’t read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk won’t read: I have an original Xbox one that has started not reading disk. I have tried game disk, dvd, and blue ray. Sometimes I get the can’t read disk error and sometimes it won’t even recognize the disk....
  8. Disk won’t read. Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk won’t read. Xbox one: I have an original Xbox one that has started not reading disk. I have tried game disk, dvd, and blue ray. Sometimes I get the can’t read disk error and sometimes it won’t even recognize the disk....
  9. Disk won’t read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk won’t read: I have an original Xbox one that has started not reading disk. I have tried game disk, dvd, and blue ray. Sometimes I get the can’t read disk error and sometimes it won’t even recognize the disk....
  10. Disk won’t read. Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk won’t read. Xbox one: I have an original Xbox one that has started not reading disk. I have tried game disk, dvd, and blue ray. Sometimes I get the can’t read disk error and sometimes it won’t even recognize the disk....