my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs...

Discus and support my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs how do i fix this da6a4142-2fd5-465e-9216-30adf4cf3b90 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by im not femi, Aug 15, 2022.

1. im not femi
    im not femi Guest

my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs...

my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs how do i fix this

:)

im not femi, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs how do i fix this

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help Xbox console problem.

Try to do a manual reset on your Xbox to see if this will help.

NOTE: This will delete the profiles on your account, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in on another outlet.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one to SYNC controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "Reset this Xbox" and then "Keep games and apps".

If this does not help, there is a possibility that the Xbox already is having a hardware issue. You might want to go for a repair by registering the console here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/

Hope that helps!
  3. HopewellMan Win User

Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Hard Drive is mysteriously Unformatted.

the exact same thing jus happened to my xbox, i dont know if i accidently shut it off during a load or what, but it wont work and it wont even reformat. this is really a **** off considering it was working fine before i shut it off last nite and now it mysterially
    shows up unformated and then convient enough it wont format... what is going on??
  4. Monterroza Win User

Elite Series 2 controller not working properly.

My xbox turns on but the thing is it wont connect to my tv or neither my controller, and when i try turning it off by the x button it wont turn off unless i disconnect it from the back or cord.
  5. KinG FooF Win User

HDMI and Av Help!!

yes, i'm resetting it by holding using the guide button and holding y and the right trigger but the problem is my xbox wont show any picture in the Av setting after i used my HDMI cables.
  6. dendari Win User

Launch xbox one S just died... what to do?

Hey there Shermas.

Let's have you start out by resetting your display by powering off your Xbox One completely (hold power button for 8-10 seconds until it shuts off completely). Once your Xbox One is off, hold down the power and eject button until you hear a second beep.

I tried this and nothing happened.. Does it matter that my system isn't sending a video signal anymore? The white power button lights up, but the HDMI input source is now staying dark.
    Ok you are supposes to hold the bind button and the eject button at the same time. The bind button is below the power button. It worked once, but would not reset to factory defaults and now wont reset again.
Thema:

1. my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs... - Similar Threads - wont shut off

2. Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wont turn on and shuts off after seconds, any help?: I went to turn my xbox on and it does the chime of it turning on and the white xbox light comes. Seconds after though it just shuts itself off and doesn’t come on at all. My power brick turns...
  3. Xbox Series X shut off during gameplay and wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shut off during gameplay and wont turn on: I was playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and the console shut off. The console won't restart. I've tried different outlets, other power cables, and unplugging for 30 minutes but the console won't...
  4. Xbox series X shut off wont turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X shut off wont turn back on: My series X froze mid game then shut off and won't turn back on, ive tried resetting the power supply and no trouble shooting solution has worked yet. ba52a498-c8e5-42ae-b9e0-cd6bc74702e7
  5. Xbox one x wont stop crashing and shutting off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one x wont stop crashing and shutting off.: 2nd time I'm making this question. My brand new, days old xbox one x keeps crashing and shutting off when I try to play games. Disc games crash every now and then, but downloaded games crash...
  6. Xbox one x wont stop crashing and shutting off.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one x wont stop crashing and shutting off.: Brand new xbox one x wont stop crashing and shutting off. Disc games that I have only crash here and there, but downloaded games crash constantly. Especially if I got them from game pass. Outer...
  7. My xbox keeps turning on and shutting off. it wont load up

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox keeps turning on and shutting off. it wont load up: Every time I turn my xbox on it may come on for a short while, then it powers down. I received a code of )xd0000225 8c624e91-7032-4467-9b4b-222e9ec5602f
  8. Xbox shut off and wont turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shut off and wont turn back on: My Xbox One X shut off while playing Rainbow Six and now it wont turn back on. Theres a slight burning smell coming from the power supply and once I tried to plug in the power cable again the...
  9. xbox one console beeps then shuts off after 20 seconds and wont stay on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one console beeps then shuts off after 20 seconds and wont stay on: how do I fix my console so it stays on? b0747d15-b067-4423-97d0-d0ab48144fde
  10. XBOX ONE WONT TURN ON! power button lights up then shuts off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE WONT TURN ON! power button lights up then shuts off.: So Ive been having this issue for about a month now: I'll turn my xbox on, the light on the console will turn on but then it shuts right off. I was able to temporarily fix this by unplugging my...