My Xbox X will turn on for 5 secs. Then immediately turn off.

Discus and support My Xbox X will turn on for 5 secs. Then immediately turn off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Iv tried all the tips from prior forums. Iv pulled the power cord from the xbox for 10 secs. Iv tried a new wall outlet. Iv plugged a different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChaseMcafee, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ChaseMcafee
    ChaseMcafee Guest

Iv tried all the tips from prior forums.

Iv pulled the power cord from the xbox for 10 secs.

Iv tried a new wall outlet.

Iv plugged a different device into the wall and the devices worked.

Iv turned it on and tried to reset with 10 seconds.

Iv tried to push the sync button and eject button at the same time and the device will stay on! But it doesnt go to a screen or doesnt show any signal on my tv.

These have all failed.

:)

ChaseMcafee, Oct 26, 2019
  2. ChaseMcafee Win User

Theres no noises. Iv had it repaired before due to my HDMI port getting hot and it not working . I had it sent in for repairs
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Chase,

Thanks for coming to the forums and posting all that you have tried. In this instance you will need a repair if all the troubleshooting hasn't worked. You can set one up on

device support
    . You can also request a call from support to set one up with an agent.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. choppyseize Win User

It could be a ventilation issue and you may need to have it repaired. Do you feel it getting hot by chance or is it making any noises?

You can try this troubleshooting link here as well
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

6. Internet Expert Win User

My Xbox one S turn on for 4 secs and immediately turn off!

Have you tried a power cycle? See here:
    support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console

I think that happened to my Xbox One S at one point (some couple weeks ago). It was a little worrying, but a power cycle did the trick, and it's been running fine ever since.

Hopefully it fares the same for yours.
Thema:

1. My Xbox X will turn on for 5 secs. Then immediately turn off. - Similar Threads - turn secs immediately

2. Xbox One Turning Off Unexpectedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Turning Off Unexpectedly: I have tried looking for definite answers for this, but still haven't seen any clear solutions. One of our consoles was gifted as pre-owned earlier this year, and we keep having the same problem...
  3. External HD keeps turning on in standby mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HD keeps turning on in standby mode: My XONE keeps turning on the external hard drive even without downloading anything. Like, ti turns the HD on and off and lights up the HD light and makes the noise of rotating the HD disk and then...
  4. How to turn off controller sleep

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off controller sleep: I use a keyboard and mouse for some of my games on the Xbox One and have my headset plugged into my controller which is connected via USB cable to my Xbox One. The controller goes into sleep mode...
  5. Xbox won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't turn on: Ok so I came home to find my xbox one s making this chirping sound it wont even turn on help please 43f9cc2f-b38d-4a98-9625-9abb843e4655
  6. xbox one turning off in like 10seconds after turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one turning off in like 10seconds after turning on: hi so i trouble shooted my power supply and reset it. I plugged it directly into wall. But xbox one (the 500gb version) keeps turning off after turning it on. Nothing is hitting it and neither the...
  7. XBOX ONE doesn't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE doesn't turn on: My 4 years old XBOX ONE doesn't turn on anymore and I am planning to buy a new one. I have many games installed from Microsoft store in my old console. Is it possible to transfer installation...
  8. xbox made a popping sound and now wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox made a popping sound and now wont turn on: i just got my xbox today and all i did was turn it on and update it and then try to set up my avatar and then there was this loud popping noise and it turned off. i tried plugging it in again and...
  9. my console is geting off auto maybe 5 secs or 1 minutes after turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my console is geting off auto maybe 5 secs or 1 minutes after turned on: My console is turning auto off after been turned one after 5 secs or 1 minutes add16f25-9dff-4c38-9aed-012f545c095b
  10. My Xbox one S turn on for 4 secs and immediately turn off!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S turn on for 4 secs and immediately turn off!: Hi, As the title says. see the video about the problem Xbox one S turn on for 4 secs and immediately turn off! - Streamable 70ac1d5a-a9f7-475b-81b8-f66a36d63362