Name not allowed but variants are

Discus and support Name not allowed but variants are in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I simply wanted to change my name to LillyCailin (cailin meaning girl in gaelic) however it simply says that the gamertag isn't allowed. In testing out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NorthernFIow, Apr 3, 2020.

1. NorthernFIow
    NorthernFIow Guest

I simply wanted to change my name to LillyCailin (cailin meaning girl in gaelic) however it simply says that the gamertag isn't allowed. In testing out gamertags your system both allows me to use Cailin by itself as well as Lilly by itself and even allows
    me to use a variation of LillyCaylin. Basically my question is what on earth you all have done to make this oddly specific issue and id really like something besides the same rehashing of what i already know which is that the system doesnt allow certain words.
    I want to know why it wont allow such a simple harmless word.

:)

NorthernFIow, Apr 3, 2020
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

It's possible that someone has registered your name on another microsoft platform. This happened when I tried to use my other name, and I found out that someone had it registered to Zune.
  3. Sammy1cat Win User

Someone else most likely has it.
  4. Goat Juice Win User

Siterep a tweak too far!

Haven't messed with sit rep much, does the pro variant allow you to hear people with dead silence? it should. if it doesn't.
  5. iAshHD Win User

Halo 4 - First Look

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

All I've got to say is Wraparound? What kind of name is that for a map?

[/quote]

Someone should make a Halo Reach variant, and call it...

-

wait for it...

-

'Reacharound'.

-

YEAAAAHHHHHHHHH.
  6. bowski477 Win User

If MS hadn't allowed gamer tag changes

I've had the same one since 2007 and prior to that I used a variant of it for AIM. I've never been very original when it comes to creating a cringe worthy screen name or GT lol
Thema:

1. Name not allowed but variants are - Similar Threads - Name allowed variants

2. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  3. I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I was trying to change my gamertag but my real-life name is not allowed.: My full name is Anas Ahmed. My current gamer tag is anaspro007. I want to change my gamer tag to AnasAhmed but it says it is not allowed. The system has no issue with my second name "Ahmed", only...
  4. Gamertag name not allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag name not allowed: Hello There, I had recently tried to change my name back to Nazzheer because i liked the name. I had it like a year ago but it says “This name is not allowed.” Anyone know why i cant change it...
  5. My gamertag name is not allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag name is not allowed: Greetings, I was recently trying to change my gamertag on a newly created xbox live account to "JackOLANTIRN" but for some reason am met with the message "This name is not allowed". Was just...
  6. Kid Kuma not allowed as name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kid Kuma not allowed as name: So I am trying to change my Gamertag to match my handle on all other site which is "Kid Kuma". However I am presented with the message that "Kuma" is not allowed as a name. I have this tag on...
  7. I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my name on Xbox one and it won’t allow me to play backward compatible games.: I recently changed my name on the Xbox one and that caused me to not be able to play backward compatible games anymore. Every time I would run the game, it would immediately sign me out and give a...
  8. Please Increase Club Name Changes Allowed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Increase Club Name Changes Allowed: Hello, I am the owner of an Xbox club and currently have over 8,500 members. We are a of community of respectful and creative gamers, and focus on in-game screenshots and helping members with any...
  9. Please Increase Club Name Changes Allowed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Increase Club Name Changes Allowed: Hello, I am the owner of an Xbox club and currently have over 8,500 members. We are a of community of respectful and creative gamers, and focus on in-game screenshots and helping members with any...
  10. Can't use real name Hunter on Xbox Live account? Not allowed phrase?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use real name Hunter on Xbox Live account? Not allowed phrase?: When setting up my name on a Xbox live account on my 360 I can't use my real name of Hunter? It says error, not allowed phrase? But if I type in a fake name such as Kate it takes it. Why can't I...