Narrator on Xbox One

Discus and support Narrator on Xbox One in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If you find yourself with partial or complete sight loss then the Xbox One Narrator is great in helping you navigate and use your device. It reads the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OTO Phoenix XS, May 16, 2019.

1. Narrator on Xbox One

If you find yourself with partial or complete sight loss then the Xbox One Narrator is great in helping you navigate and use your device. It reads the text on screen out loud to you (does not work in game) and even tells you what button you are hovering
    other and the total number of buttons on the page.

:)

OTO Phoenix XS, May 16, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

help

Hello Ghost Rider8672,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Are you playing Forza Horizon 4 on an Xbox One or Windows 10 computer? Are you referring to

the narrator on the Xbox One
    or an in-game narrator? The article we provided contains more information about the narrator for Xbox One and how to disable it.
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Rented movie

4. WPAK Win User

Can't turn off movie narrator on one movie

5. KirscheBuster Win User

Turn off narrator/voice

6. XBF Brad A Win User

Is Narrator available in india region

Hello Inception,

Unfortunately the Narrator feature on the Xbox console will not work with these apps. Most likely reason is for example YouTube, it would be hard for the Narrator to keep up with someone watching someone stream, a game tip etc. The narrator will work with

Movies and TV app and also to watch live TV
    as Amber mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Narrator on Xbox One

1. Narrator on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Narrator

2. Narration while watching a rented or bought movie on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Narration while watching a rented or bought movie on Xbox One: I just rented a movie on my Xbox One and I cannot turn off the audio narration for the movie. Not to be confused the the narrator in accessibility options, which talks when you click on different...
  3. Text to Speech or Narrator on during gameplay....

in XBoX on Windows
    Text to Speech or Narrator on during gameplay....: Im not sure how it got turned on, but I cant get Narrator or text to speech to turn off. The only time it is on is when I am playing Forza 4. I am on Windows 10 and have been to control panel and...
  4. Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft will not refund Xbox 360 Movie Rental with unintentional Narration (describe...: I rented "Spiderman: Far from Home" the other day to watch on my Xbox 360. When I started playing it, a narrators voice was describing everything on the screen. It was very distracting. I spent a...
  5. Turn off Narrator in Microsoft Movies on Xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turn off Narrator in Microsoft Movies on Xbox 1: I cannot turn off Voice Narrator on my microsoft movies on Xbox1. I've tried to access by bottom left, however it doesn't let me actually turn it off. c1306d45-311a-455e-9a2e-d4e004b79ed7
  6. Can't turn off movie narrator on one movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn off movie narrator on one movie: I just bought the digital version of Spider-man far from home and the narrator is automatically on and I have no option to turn it off. I've looked in the CC menu and there's no where to turn it...
  7. Narrator/Movies & Tv

in XBoX Accessibility
    Narrator/Movies & Tv: While trying to watch a movie, I noticed something I found annoying. Narrator. So, I tried to turn it off, but guess what? I couldn't. Does anyone know how to turn off narrator on xbox? If so,...
  8. Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.: Recently rented and purchased movies on xbox 360 have narration enabled and I have found no setting to turn it off. In movies and tv on a computer I found it's also enabled by default on the...
  9. Narrator stuck on in Gamepass games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Narrator stuck on in Gamepass games: So, my problem I am having is games, first part games to be exact, that I download via gamepass have the narrator stuck on. I have held down the X button and checked to ensure it was off there and...
  10. Decider vs. Overseer: your role in a narrative-driven game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Decider vs. Overseer: your role in a narrative-driven game: virtually every game is story driven and because of this, the player's actions don't really have any real impact on the ending, after all, the player eventually wins and the bad guys lose. some...