narrator still active on gears 5, but its turned off

Discus and support narrator still active on gears 5, but its turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with the narrator being active only when gears 5 is being played. I've done all the trouble shooting available to no avail. I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MERCERENITY, Jan 16, 2021.

1. MERCERENITY
    MERCERENITY Guest

I'm having an issue with the narrator being active only when gears 5 is being played. I've done all the trouble shooting available to no avail. I don't have this issue outside of this game. Also never had this issue
    with gears 5 until I reinstalled it. I've also tried uninstalling, redownloading it, and hard resetting console.

:)

MERCERENITY, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Dugy74
    Dugy74 New Member
    Hey man did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue and it's totally irritating the crap out of me!!!

Dugy74, Sep 12, 2021
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Narrator

Hi Aaron,

To turn off narrator hold the xbox button and go to narrator, it then should ask you Do you want to turn it off, select yes. If its still on after you turn it off, a quick restart should fix this.

You can also adjust the narrator settings in Settings - Ease of access - Narrator then switch off.

More info can be found here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/accessibility/narrator-on-xbox-one

Let us know if you need anything else. :)
  4. RobertBuckalew Win User

How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?

The "Narrator"....

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

2.Go down to the fifth tab and select Settings.

3.Scroll left and select the default option, All Settings.

4.The bottom option in Settings is Ease of Access. Scroll down to it and then scroll right to find and select Narrator.

5.The focus will default to the area where you can turn narrator on and off again. Press the A button on your controller to turn the narrator on. To turn it off, press the A button again.
  5. SIMRACING Win User

How do you actually turn off narrator

Hi !

Follow this
    instructions
    to turn off the Narrator:

• f you're using a controller, press and hold the Xbox button  until it vibrates, then press the Menu button . (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
    • Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator to turn it on
      or off.
    • If you're using a keyboard, press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + Enter. (Press them again to turn off Narrator.)
    Can you not read i said I can't turn it off through them, maybe take off this narrator crop off all the xbox because it's not useful at all its more annoying then anything its that annoying I'm about to throw this xbox in the bin
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time?

when did that start ? Mine has never said a word ...you narrator must be on somehow , I think the default is off...

Go to Settings--Ease of Access--Narrator and see if its turned on
  7. MrTuberman79 Win User

How can you turn off the narrator in minecraft dungeouns. The button is disabled and he wont be quiet

if the button to turn off narrator is disabled in the game, it could be your Xbox Narrator itself been turned on somehow? Just hold in the Xbox Home button until the turnoff power menu appears, then in the bottom right you will see Narrator... push options
    and turn it off if it is on and that should fix it.
Thema:

1. narrator still active on gears 5, but its turned off - Similar Threads - narrator still active

2. Disabling the narrator voice on Age Of Empires Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disabling the narrator voice on Age Of Empires Definitive Edition: I have to keep disabling the narrator voice on Age Of Empires Definitive Edition every time I load the game - that is annoying when people are sleeping, can you tell me how to actually SAVE your...
  3. Xbox Narrator

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Narrator: I have been playing sea of thieves recently (pc, windows 10) and had no problems but today I opened the game and found that the xbox narrator was on despite no settings having been changed, the...
  4. How to turn off the Ctrl + b shortcut for the minecraft 1.16 narrator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn off the Ctrl + b shortcut for the minecraft 1.16 narrator?: I installed several mods and I need the shortcut Ctrl + b available to link, but every time I press it it ends up changing the state of the narrator.How do I disable this narrator shortcut?I'm...
  5. my narrator i you not turn off in any my halo games after dec 2020 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    my narrator i you not turn off in any my halo games after dec 2020 update: I am a bug with narrator it will turn off in any halo game after dec 2020 os update and my all game save delete unknows resain bug on my xbox one s fd236570-a25f-4b91-b2dc-017ba770ff53
  6. Narrator won't shut up in all my games

in XBoX on Windows
    Narrator won't shut up in all my games: I have been using Game Pass Ultimate to play games on PC and Streaming to Android which is a great and dandy however I have one issue. All my games have narrator on whenever I play them. This has...
  7. narrator stays on in game menus

in XBoX on Consoles
    narrator stays on in game menus: when i play certain games ie gears 5 or halo the master chief i get a narrator at the beginning of the games.im running xbox one x.can anyone please help.or does any one else get the same narrator...
  8. Xbox games on PC Narrator always on - HELP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox games on PC Narrator always on - HELP: It's been a while that i've this problem and think that maybe was my "old" computer, but installing in these days Age of Empire 3 Remastered this problem popped out also on my new laptop, so i...
  9. Narrator reading messages that I'm not getting, and narrator is OFF

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Narrator reading messages that I'm not getting, and narrator is OFF: In my "Ease of Access" settings, all sections that include the option to have a narrator is OFF. I don't care about a narrator. BUT the narrator has been coming on during my Gameplay (specifically...
  10. Xbox narrator cannot be closed. After windows narrator is closed, narrator still exists in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox narrator cannot be closed. After windows narrator is closed, narrator still exists in...: I play xbox live games on the computer. After I log in to my account, the narrator will be automatically turned on, but it can't be turned off. I have tried to close the narrator of win10, but I...