NAT Issues

Discus and support NAT Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Im hoping someone cant point me in the right direction as i have ran out of ideas. I have been gaming for 10+ yrs and ive never ran into a moderate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cookies934, Feb 24, 2014.

1. cookies934
    cookies934 Guest

NAT Issues

Im hoping someone cant point me in the right direction as i have ran out of ideas.

I have been gaming for 10+ yrs and ive never ran into a moderate Nat. I have two xboxs 360 in the house and up until about a month ago both had open nats. One day Xbox #1 went to moderate, i didnt really think to much of it as i normally dont play on it
    my Son does and he didnt seem bothered by it. About a week ago it went to strict so i had to get it fixed. Went into the router, reset it, double checked UPNP was enabled, i ended up did port fowarding on that xbox and it went to open. 3-4 days went by and
    Xbox #2 which is my xbox went to moderate. ive tried multiple differnt things with no success, I swapped port fowarding to my xbox, put the IP into dmz, cleared the Upnp table, cycled the router, checked firmware, reset the router to factory, also tried just
    my xbox connected to the router on different ports and nothing has worked. I normally play FPS and this delay in on the router really affects game play, currently as it sits xbox #1 has an open Nat and Xbox #2 is moderate. Im not an expert on networks but
    i feel ive done everything except for swapping the equipment, is there something im missing ?

My equipment:

Both xbox 360 are newer slims

Both are hard wired with cat5

Router Brand : Linksys

Model: E2500

Internet: Cox

:)

cookies934, Feb 24, 2014
  2. umadbro721
    umadbro721 Guest
    I lag on XBOX Live, Help!

NAT Type is Open

umadbro721, Feb 24, 2014
  3. Weird issue with mic

Sounds like NAT or network issues. Sometimes when two people have a certain network config you can play and chat with other people just fine, but not someone else with your same issue.

My wife and I used to have a similar issue with chat in OG Destiny. Check your NAT and make sure it is open not moderate or strict.

SteadyMercury, Feb 24, 2014
  4. poker7275 Win User

NAT Issue

Hello Bimnog. I just want to let you know that my network issue is fixed! I think Microsoft released an Xbox One update late last night or early this morning. The Xbox stated that I had an open NAT. I popped in Destiny and didn't get a network error!
    I was able to play Destiny fine. I popped in Call Of Duty AW. The NAT was opened in it and I was able to join and play games quicker. While I had this issue, I hypothesized that this was a software/MS server issue on the Xbox One because why would the Xbox
    One state that the NAT was opened in the network settings and in Destiny and Call Of Duty showed a strict NAT or you have a network issue?

I want to take the time to thank you for your guidance and patience while I had this issue! It makes me wonder if the Internet should be a requirement for everyone! Without the Internet, we wouldn't be able to download and install these updates or even
    operate our Xbox One.

Sincerely yours,

Eric

AKA
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

NAT Issue

If you can take the 360 out of the loop then I would do it , you should reset EVERYTHING after that though , (console , modem router) best way ive found to reset xbox one is go to settings > network> advanced > alt mac address > clear > restart ....not
    sure what that does but everything works better for me afterwards ... if no luck there then I would try to hard wire it ( cable is pretty cheap now and I MUCH prefer it to a wireless connection ) ...
  6. GMAN990 Win User

NAt issues

Ok,

Well you should be able to find a model that matches close enough on portforward.com

e.g.
    portforward.com/.../Xbox_Live_360.htm

Just have a look through the list and see which model matches the interface you have
  7. macstang15 Win User

NAt issues

I know that...I never said you didn't....
  8. macstang15 Win User

NAt issues

On PF.com my modem model is not listed.. I could use my other unfairpoint modem, but I was wondering, when I ordered the new one did they "deactivate" the old one, which would render it useless....
Thema:

NAT Issues

1. NAT Issues - Similar Threads - NAT Issues

2. Xbox party (NAT) issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party (NAT) issues?: Admittedly, I haven't touched my Xbox in a good week... but I can give it a go to see if it is still an issue or not, but I will give you some details about my issue and my workaround. I have an...
  3. IPv4& IPv6 issues. NAT unavailable - Xbox service issues??

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv4& IPv6 issues. NAT unavailable - Xbox service issues??: Im comnected with an ethernet cable. It saysthere are xbox issues on their end. I have done allchecks and resets. 149715e6-d774-4cfa-a164-86b68bf2a698
  4. Open Nat Mobile Hotspot and teredo issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open Nat Mobile Hotspot and teredo issues: Trying to make do with a Mobile Hotspot Phone is an Xperia XA2. I can connect it fine, talk to peeps in party chat, send messages. I can download games (not that I am otherwise no data XD)...
  5. NAT TYPE ISSUES

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT TYPE ISSUES: How do I fix a strict double NAT type for Xbox one? e3d8a068-1cc2-422b-ac6c-1933f46a9b68
  6. Still having issues, would this cause double NAT detected to pop up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still having issues, would this cause double NAT detected to pop up?: [img] so im still getting the double NAT detected message on my xbox. But my NAT type is now moderate instead of strict which is good. Im not sure if this would be the cause of the double NAT...
  7. Recurring issue. Certain friends appear offline though their not. NAT open, privacy open....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recurring issue. Certain friends appear offline though their not. NAT open, privacy open....: Ive gone through many threads here and its obvious thousands of other users are having the same problem. Family members, who are obviously also friends on xbox live, consistantly appear offline....
  8. PES 2019 "Test NAT Type" Issue on XBOX One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PES 2019 "Test NAT Type" Issue on XBOX One: Hello, Microsoft. I have an issue with Pro Evolution Soccer 2019, specifically on online gameplay. Currently on XBOX One, during an online match, whenever a player uses the "Test NAT Type" option...
  9. : Need help resolving a double NAT issue.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Need help resolving a double NAT issue.: : Need help resolving a double NAT issue. Hello Holden, Thanks for letting us know the issue has been fixed. I will go ahead and lock the thread seeing as it is resolved. Thanks, Brad...
  10. NAT type issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type issue: Why is there a reoccurring problem with joining all my friends parties for Call of Duty Blackops 4. Its not just me because my NAT type is open and so are all my friends who have this issue. Whats...