NAT type, 2.4 GHz v 5 GHz, and G vs N

Discus and support NAT type, 2.4 GHz v 5 GHz, and G vs N in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; NAT type, 2.4 GHz v 5 GHz, and G vs N I found a device that lets me connect a cellular network to an Xbox. If done directly using the five gigahertz... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TripleTopper321, Oct 10, 2020.

1. NAT type, 2.4 GHz v 5 GHz, and G vs N

I found a device that lets me connect a cellular network to an Xbox. If done directly using the five gigahertz frequency it works.

However my cellular requires one connection at a time. It's unable to handle more than one and I need to run my Macintosh to stream while I play Xbox

The device is called the vonets bridge/repeater. however it's a labeled as a 11g and says it's just a G network. also it does not connect to that network using a 5 GHz but 2.4 GHz.

I found a similar device labeled "dual band" and has an N range network, also from vonets.

Will that get me to dual link as well have a green NAT for Xbox One?

:)

TripleTopper321, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Jonathan Gin Win User

Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  3. Nightmare Rec0n Win User

Wireless N Network Adapter won't connect to router....

I should mention it only work 2.4 GHz in G......not N
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

what's the refresh rate xboxone support when i use Xbox App on Windows 10 to play game

If you’re using a wireless network, use a 5 GHz 802.11 AC or N network if possible

Newer wireless technology will give you the best wireless experience when streaming games from your Xbox One console to your Windows 10 PC.

Some wireless routers will broadcast two SSIDs (network names): one as a 5 GHz network and the other as a 2.4 GHz network.

5 GHz networks are less prone to interference from things like cordless telephones and microwaves. Even though 5 GHz signals don’t have the ability to penetrate dense walls like 2.4 GHz signals, it’s always better to try using the 5 GHz band of your network
    before using the 2.4 GHz band.
  5. DjVirginiak Win User

Xbox slim wireless to ASUS RT-N66U works very poor.

RT-N66U I've been doing a lot of homework with this device and yes upgrading the FW is a good idea for any router. I've come to fine that a lot of the 360s are having issues because of the
    built in wireless N 2.4 GHz adapter.

Change the SSIDs on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz have fun all :)
  6. beerich Win User

Wireless N 5 GHz connection issues

That may be true that Cisco has to take care of this, but that does not cover the fact that the internal N adapter on the Xbox Slim is running different codes than the external N adapter. They are definitely different. Like I said the Xbox Slim can connect
    to the Cisco Linksys E4200 at 2.4 Ghz N no problem. If the external and internal were the same, then I would be able to connect to 2.4 Ghz N as well with the external adapter, just like the internal adapter, but I cannot. Just that alone shows how different
    they are. If they were the same then my problem would only be with 5 Ghz N Cisco fault, but not being able to connect to 2.4 Ghz N with the external adapter shows that Microsoft has a foot in this.
Thema:

1. NAT type, 2.4 GHz v 5 GHz, and G vs N - Similar Threads - NAT type GHz

2. NAT Type says Strict, I need help getting it to Open ASAP

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type says Strict, I need help getting it to Open ASAP: Self explanatory, I need my NAT type to be Open because it is Strict right now. Somebody help me please, not able to speak to an xbox worker or support employee is incredibly bothersome and...
  3. NAT type: strict and UPnP not successful

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type: strict and UPnP not successful: Hey i am on a hotspot to play games online but these two errors keep popping up and the NAT type wont change to moderate. What should i do? 8a42857b-7beb-499d-aafe-2abe795d098c
  4. NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it: My xbox NAT type is on strict and does not want to change. I have tried ports but none want to work to get me out of Strict NAT. At this point my other options are to do a factory reset or to...
  5. NAT type and connectivity issue

in XBoX on Windows
    NAT type and connectivity issue: I play on a computer and my problem is that my NAT type says "Teredo is unable to qualify." and my Server connectivity is blocked i have tried all the ways provided in the [NAT type on Windows 10...
  6. NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...: I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to refix the NAT. I have both iPv6 and iPv4 with...
  7. Saying my Nat type isn't open

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Saying my Nat type isn't open: Saying my Nat type isn't open I was just wondering what can i do to get it open. Im the xfinitywifi where the page opens up an i sign in to it to connect but it was working until yesterday it just...
  8. UPnP not successful and Nat Type Strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPnP not successful and Nat Type Strict: I have had the Xbox One basically since release and as of last night i cant play anything multiplayer. I obviously went to search the problem and found what was wrong (the Nat type and UPnP). I...
  9. Nat type is unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is unavailable: Hey everyone recently i bought a racing wheel to test it with my friend i wanted play Forza Horizon but i couldn't because my Nat type is unavailable and i have been searching for the solution not...
  10. My Xbox one x is detecting double nat type

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one x is detecting double nat type: My Xbox is detecting a double nat type when it connects to my orbi WiFi although both my other Xbox and ps4 work great with the Internet. Sometimes it doesn’t connect saying it cannot decipher the...