NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

Discus and support NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Swordeaser [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Swordeaser, Nov 6, 2019.

1. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

/u/Swordeaser, Nov 6, 2019
  2. xXKingHarambeXx Win User

“We were unable to find microphone” error

what's your nat type? it's best to have a open nat type .
    I just checked and yes my NAT is set to open.
  3. Digital HDx Win User

Constantly loading dashboard

Is your NAT type open, moderate, or closed, as this may contribute to the problem you are currently having.

If your NAT type is open, try resetting your Router. If that fails to work, then you may what to try calling Xbox Support again to speak to another Tech Support. This sounds like it may be just a glitch in your Console, or a glitch in your internet.
  4. JTRoberts0035 Win User

NAT Problems

I have a NAT Setting on my router but it is set to on? When I have it on automatic my NAT type stays open. I don't know why DMZ won't keep my NAT type open.
  5. denis97g Win User

“We were unable to find microphone” error

what's your nat type? it's best to have a open nat type .
  6. foxter55 Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one s

Did you try changing your NAT type? The helpdoc says:

Open:

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as

join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on

their network

Moderate:
    With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games

with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with

others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict:

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer

games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the

host of a match.

-- So I take that to mean if you have STRICT NAT, and if anyone in the group DOES NOT have an OPEN NAT type you are going to have problems.

Are you both running STRICT NAT type?
Thema:

NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

1. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT? - Similar Threads - NAT Type failed

2. Unavaliable NAT Type

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unavaliable NAT Type: The NAT type for my Xbox One displays as unavailable, I am on a public (university) network so do not have access to the router. It says I cannot get a Teredo IP address. Is there any way I can...
  3. NAT Type

in XBoX Accessibility
    NAT Type: Recently my friend who I am living with borrowed my Xbox to play the Modern Warfare campaign because I had already downloaded it and he hadn't. All he did was move my Xbox to his room, the next...
  4. : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends: : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends Thanks for the help man. However i haven't yet got the chance to check.. I will try the suggested step and definitely let you know....
  5. Xbox Nat type: getting info /COD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Nat type: getting info /COD: Hello, i have had an issue where by every time I start the x1x from standby after playing COD i have been unable to join a party, says connecting and disconnects. It not just me, all my friends...
  6. Unable to find NAT type FIXED?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to find NAT type FIXED?: So I was getting that error all morning, got home from work tonight and just gave it a shot and it worked immediately. On WiFi and with decent cellular service it worked amazingly! Can't wait to...
  7. Unable to obtain NAT type

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to obtain NAT type: Hi I've been trying to connect my phone to the Xbox via streaming but keeps coming up with unable to obtain NAT type. What should I do submitted by /u/kick_my_fucking_dog [link] [comments]
  8. Failed to get NAT Type

in XboX Insiders
    Failed to get NAT Type: Hello, I am apart of the Xbox Insider Delta Ring and I was wondering if there's been a fix yet for when it says "failed to obtain NAT type" also I have an error that says my upstream bandwidth is...
  9. Xbox One x "Moderate NAT Type"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One x "Moderate NAT Type": I'm having a problem with my Xbox One S.. this just started today. I tried resetting my modem, router, and Xbox (unplugging and waiting 2-5 mins). I play with a wired connection and it gives me a...
  10. Failed to obtain NAT type during Android streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Failed to obtain NAT type during Android streaming.: I keep getting failed upon trying to start console streaming to phone because my Xbox keeps showing Failed to obtain your NAT type upon set up. I'm all green in every other category. 400mbps, open...