NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

Discus and support NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Swordeaser [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Swordeaser, Nov 6, 2019.

1. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

/u/Swordeaser, Nov 6, 2019
  2. xXKingHarambeXx Win User

“We were unable to find microphone” error

what's your nat type? it's best to have a open nat type .
    I just checked and yes my NAT is set to open.
  3. Digital HDx Win User

Constantly loading dashboard

Is your NAT type open, moderate, or closed, as this may contribute to the problem you are currently having.

If your NAT type is open, try resetting your Router. If that fails to work, then you may what to try calling Xbox Support again to speak to another Tech Support. This sounds like it may be just a glitch in your Console, or a glitch in your internet.
  4. JTRoberts0035 Win User

NAT Problems

I have a NAT Setting on my router but it is set to on? When I have it on automatic my NAT type stays open. I don't know why DMZ won't keep my NAT type open.
  5. denis97g Win User

“We were unable to find microphone” error

what's your nat type? it's best to have a open nat type .
  6. foxter55 Win User

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Xbox one s

Did you try changing your NAT type? The helpdoc says:

Open:

With an OPEN NAT type, you’re able to chat with other people, as well as

join and host multiplayer games with people who have any NAT type on

their network

Moderate:
    With a MODERATE NAT type, you’re able to chat and play multiplayer games

with some people; however, you might not be able to hear or play with

others, and normally you won’t be chosen as the host of a match.

Strict:

With a STRICT NAT type, you’re only able to chat and play multiplayer

games with people who have an OPEN NAT type. You can’t be chosen as the

host of a match.

-- So I take that to mean if you have STRICT NAT, and if anyone in the group DOES NOT have an OPEN NAT type you are going to have problems.

Are you both running STRICT NAT type?
Thema:

NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

1. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT? - Similar Threads - NAT Type failed

2. Can't play with friend, both NAT types open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play with friend, both NAT types open: One of my friends recently got an Xbox so i decided to game share with him. Unfortunately we have been having a problem getting into games together. We can be in a party and talk just fine but...
  3. NAT TYPES

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT TYPES: So I have two xboxs in my household one is a xbox one x it is wired and my xbox 1 original is connected to my 5 Ghz wireless the original xbox one is a open NAT. While my wired xbox is strict NAT....
  4. Double Nat detected and strict type

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Double Nat detected and strict type: Yeah so my console is an xbox one and a couple days ago my Nat type became strict and i got a double Nat detected. Ive tried a lot from watching videos to try and resolve this but nothing seems to...
  5. Nat type is strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is strict: Hi my upnp isnt working when I connect to the internet on my xbox one so therefore my nat type is strict. Any suggestions? 3c103384-9a01-4562-b50e-ee66a5288c32
  6. I am being disconnected from online games with Open Nat type and 0% package loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am being disconnected from online games with Open Nat type and 0% package loss: I play Madden20 and Apex legends on my Xbox one X. For the last week I've been disconnected from almost every game I had one day where it was normal and I didn't have any disconnections. I've...
  7. How to change NAT type in Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change NAT type in Windows 10: Hello, I have been playing minecraft recently and I'm unable to join my friends work due to NAT type. I checked the Network options in the xbox app in my pc and it said NAT type is Strict....
  8. Тип сети NAT - умеренный, хотелось бы чтобы был тип - открытый[Translation-The type of NAT...

in XBoX on Windows
    Тип сети NAT - умеренный, хотелось бы чтобы был тип - открытый[Translation-The type of NAT...: [img] Тип сети NAT - умеренный, хотелось бы чтобы был тип - открытый. Из-за того, что тип сети НАТ умеренный у меня не получается поиграть в мультиплеере в Forza Horizon 4, пишет, что не удалось...
  9. Failed to get NAT Type

in XboX Insiders
    Failed to get NAT Type: Hello, I am apart of the Xbox Insider Delta Ring and I was wondering if there's been a fix yet for when it says "failed to obtain NAT type" also I have an error that says my upstream bandwidth is...
  10. Failed to obtain NAT type during Android streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Failed to obtain NAT type during Android streaming.: I keep getting failed upon trying to start console streaming to phone because my Xbox keeps showing Failed to obtain your NAT type upon set up. I'm all green in every other category. 400mbps, open...